Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Law Enforcement

Old 23 February 2018, 09:29
Confirmed User

If only this guy had a pair like Peter Wang, 15 years old, unarmed and yet he did something to save his fellow students even if it cost him his life. This shitbag did nothing.
Old 23 February 2018, 09:42
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
This whole event has me madder than hell. I donít post here often but Iím continuing to dig into this and itís becoming clear there is just too much to ignore. In light of everything else going on and the issue of Ďdeep stateí activities within governments connected to the last administration local and federal; I came across this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheLastRe...54507744374784

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/9...744374784.html

If itís tin foil crap my deepest apologies. If itís even 10% true there needs be an independent congressional investigation of the FBI, Broward and Dade County LEA and School Boards.

Sheriff Scott Isreal is a puppet of Debbie Waserman-Shultz, the DNC and HRC. I knew nothing of him before this week and the CNN Town Hall event has made me dig into all sorts of information out there.

There is blood on the hands of many and itís becoming clear how we got to what should have been completely preventable to a reality. They really really want your guns!!! They will sacrifice our children to accomplish this.
No need for tin foil, that is 1000000% plausible.
Old 23 February 2018, 09:51
BTDT

As has been previously stated (if not on this thread, then elsewhere) this is proving the left's agenda to be flawed. "The police will protect us", "Only the police should have guns" etc...
This situation proves them wrong, so I don't expect to hear a lot about it.
Old 23 February 2018, 09:52
BTDT

As has been previously stated (if not on this thread, then elsewhere) this is proving the left's agenda to be flawed. "The police will protect us", "Only the police should have guns" etc...
Old 23 February 2018, 10:43
incurs freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryeric View Post
The "left" ain't totally at fault here. How many times has it been said, meme'd, & practically proselytized that a "Good Guy with a Gun beats a Bad Guy with Gun" ?

I look for that little ditty to come back to bite.
Old 23 February 2018, 10:46
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by litepath View Post
The "left" ain't totally at fault here. How many times has it been said, meme'd, & practically proselytized that a "Good Guy with a Gun beats a Bad Guy with Gun" ?

I look for that little ditty to come back to bite.
How? Only the left insists that the good guy HAS to be a cop.
Old 23 February 2018, 11:03
incurs freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
How? Only the left insists that the good guy HAS to be a cop.
Oh, Somehow I doubt that those words will be parsed from the phrase. Unless of course it segues into a new form of the narrative. But I don't have much faith in that. That phrase could be useful.

See, A gun didn't stop this! Not even a Good Guy with Gun.
Old 23 February 2018, 11:26
Confirmed User

It says “Good guy with a gun”

Not “Corrupt cowardly douchbag with a gun”

There is a big difference.
Old 23 February 2018, 11:32
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by litepath View Post
Oh, Somehow I doubt that those words will be parsed from the phrase. Unless of course it segues into a new form of the narrative. But I don't have much faith in that. That phrase could be useful.

See, A gun didn't stop this! Not even a Good Guy with Gun.
They're way ahead of you guys.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/23/polit...sis/index.html

Last edited by hawkdrver; 23 February 2018 at 11:44.
Old 23 February 2018, 11:49
Confirmed User

There wasn't a good guy with a gun on that campus - just a couple of guys with a guns. One chose to use his, the other not so much.
Old 23 February 2018, 12:27
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkdrver View Post
Only herd animals will buy that one. Smart anti-gun folks will steer clear, as they realize this proves LaPierre's point, and is pretty much self-evident.

I'm not concerned about herd animals. Sure, they are dumb, and can cause problems, but there is no changing them. They will fill their assigned role, which is lunch.
Old 23 February 2018, 13:06
Genetically Deplorable

For the legal minds of SOCNET. Is this former officer's non-reaction potentially prosecutable? Would it have to be based on the training he received, as in he had to have been specifically trained, and agreed by taking the job, to run to the gunfire? We hear about the training being the key to whether or not an officer is guilty of assault for providing a beat down to a perp, for example. "Did he follow the training protocols of his training when he kicked the defendant in the face?".

Did anyone else read somewhere that there were 2 other officers on site who also did not respond? I believe they may have been in vehicles.
Old 23 February 2018, 13:16
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzmedic View Post
For the legal minds of SOCNET. Is this former officer's non-reaction potentially prosecutable?
No. Courts have ruled several times that law enforcement has no duty to actively protect anyone.
Old 23 February 2018, 13:35
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
This whole event has me madder than hell. I donít post here often but Iím continuing to dig into this and itís becoming clear there is just too much to ignore. In light of everything else going on and the issue of Ďdeep stateí activities within governments connected to the last administration local and federal; I came across this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheLastRe...54507744374784

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/9...744374784.html

If itís tin foil crap my deepest apologies. If itís even 10% true there needs be an independent congressional investigation of the FBI, Broward and Dade County LEA and School Boards.

Sheriff Scott Isreal is a puppet of Debbie Waserman-Shultz, the DNC and HRC. I knew nothing of him before this week and the CNN Town Hall event has made me dig into all sorts of information out there.

There is blood on the hands of many and itís becoming clear how we got to what should have been completely preventable to a reality. They really really want your guns!!! They will sacrifice our children to accomplish this.
This is absolutely horrifying if true.
Old 23 February 2018, 14:02
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
Only herd animals will buy that one.
No argument. Just pointing out they already went there, as expected.
Old 23 February 2018, 15:22
BTDT

In the case of Warren VS District of Columbia, the court ruled that police do not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm.

...there is no specific legal "duty to protect"

That doesn't change the fact that we still need to get guns off of the street.
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 23 February 2018, 17:06

Quote:
That doesn't change the fact that we still need to get guns off of the street.
We need to get drugs off the streets. How is that working out?

I'm all for making it more difficult to obtain a firearm. You should not be able to walk into a store and walk right back out with a firearm for one. Two, aside from Felony... if you have a drug conviction, DWI conviction or a Family Violence Conviction, you should not be allowed to own a firearm.

But that doesn't mean guns will be 'off the streets'. Much like drugs, guns are not hard to obtain.
Old 23 February 2018, 17:11
Clorox bearer for SOTB

That was sarcasm dude...

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Old 23 February 2018, 17:12
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBad View Post
We need to get drugs off the streets. How is that working out?

I'm all for making it more difficult to obtain a firearm. You should not be able to walk into a store and walk right back out with a firearm for one. Two, aside from Felony... if you have a drug conviction, DWI conviction or a Family Violence Conviction, you should not be allowed to own a firearm.

But that doesn't mean guns will be 'off the streets'. Much like drugs, guns are not hard to obtain.
You are new here arenít you? You donít understand Boxís humor yet!
Old 23 February 2018, 17:16

As the callsign was appropriately given to me in 04......My Bad, bro.

Our new posting rules