SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 21 March 2018, 09:30
Unemployed Stunt Double

Good riddance.
Old 21 March 2018, 10:08
I really don't care

Can't wait to hear the diatribes of wisdom he's written down for us, or videoed, and otherwise left behind so we can all better understand his insightful purpose. (insert heavy sarcasm here)

Hey coward, unlike your victims, you will be forgotten quicker than that piece of shrapnel that tore through your empty brain cavity.
Old 21 March 2018, 10:30
Been There Done That

But, But, But - What about the cardboard boxes...

Can't we at least agree that there should be some common-sense rules/laws/regulations put in place to protect us from the assault-boxes used in these crimes?

Can we address the chronic underfunding of mental health services to keep these sickos from so easily accessing boxes...

And, what about the delivery Services - they have a lobbying group, they're just like the NRA...

Lets organize folks for a national walkout of schools and business to get the attention this needs.

NO ONE needs high-capacity boxes!
Old 21 March 2018, 10:35
Confirmed User

I'm not seeing veteran anywhere. Good! Fucking shithead.
Old 21 March 2018, 12:02
Did...did I do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
How so? Sure, there are more surveillance cameras and better connectivity now, but, beyond that?
Cameras. More people with fingerprints and data being vacuumed up. More paranoia. It was easier to ship packages back then, too.

UNABOMB sent 16 devices over 16 years; he sent 12 of those in about 8.5 years. He was more patient, and willing to spread his terror out. This goblin was in a hurry, and got cocky. If he'd been as patient as UNABOMB, he'd probably still be alive today.
Old 21 March 2018, 12:29
In Vino Veritas

The Unabomber also had an IQ of 168. I doubt this turd was operating at the genius level.
Old 21 March 2018, 12:31
Confirmed User

Sadly, now we are going to see the media explode with the blame game and what side of the fence he fell on political issues. I am sure there are news media researchers scouring the web for political manifestos and other indicators to exploit their own agenda from one side or the other.

Stand by for the daily onslaught of assumptions, accusations and political finger pointing.
Old 21 March 2018, 13:22
Problem Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB8541 View Post

Sadly, now we are going to see the media explode with the blame game and what side of the fence he fell on political issues. I am sure there are news media researchers scouring the web for political manifestos and other indicators to exploit their own agenda from one side or the other.

Stand by for the daily onslaught of assumptions, accusations and political finger pointing.
It's already started; even TM-fucking-Z is in on it:

http://www.tmz.com/2018/03/21/austin...abortion-blog/

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 21 March 2018, 13:37
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmueller View Post
This goblin was in a hurry, and got cocky. If he'd been as patient as UNABOMB, he'd probably still be alive today.
The FEDEX angle certainly seems to have undone him.
Old 21 March 2018, 14:16
Did...did I do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
The Unabomber also had an IQ of 168. I doubt this turd was operating at the genius level.
True, but there he was, mailing package bombs to people. IQ != wisdom.
Old 21 March 2018, 14:51
Unemployed Stunt Double

Ted Kaczynski mailed bombs, but apparently without leaving any trail the investigators found (since his family broke the case by turning him in).

I could theorize about this current clown, but, honestly, I'd lost interest in him by the time he reached ambient temperature. Once the investigation is complete and released, I'll regain interest. Until then, I'll leave any speculation to the pundits.
Old 21 March 2018, 14:58
Old and Broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
The FEDEX angle certainly seems to have undone him.
I can't believe a guy walks into a FedEx location in Austin wearing latex gloves and no one was suspicious.

Wonder if he paid in cash?
Old 21 March 2018, 15:01
Isiah 53

Buh Bye shitstain. May your torment begin and last an eternity.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

ďA little science estranges one from God. A lot of science brings one back.Ē -Francis Bacon
Old 21 March 2018, 16:42
Time is a flat circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN View Post
I can't believe a guy walks into a FedEx location in Austin wearing latex gloves and no one was suspicious.
It's Austin.... You answered your own question.

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 21 March 2018, 17:10
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN View Post
.....Wonder if he paid in cash?
Unless it's on line I pay cash for almost everything.

I have an estimate of what I'll need to the next couple of days and write a check at the bank.

Eat out? Odds and ends around town? All paid for with cash.

Don't carry my phone around with me after 5:00PM either.
Old 21 March 2018, 17:50
Policeman Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
Although there is the saying "smart in school, dumb on the bus."
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 22 March 2018, 00:52
Psalm 91:2

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTx View Post
Iíve seen the news about how the authorities used technology to zero in on his location using cell phone triangulation.

Was he totally stupid enough to give up his cell phone number at the FEDEX facility or are they leaving out a huge portion of the story?

Just wondering.

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley
Old 22 March 2018, 02:40
Vivat Fraternitatis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda1961 View Post
Was he totally stupid enough to give up his cell phone number at the FEDEX facility or are they leaving out a huge portion of the story?
He didn't need to give up anything.
Old 22 March 2018, 06:22
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda1961 View Post
leaving out a huge portion of the story?
They're releasing more than we need to know.
Old 22 March 2018, 06:50
Shakin' the bush Boss

Reading the news this morning about his confession. The media almost seems disappointed that he's just a run of the mill crazy person, not a white supremacist or homophobe or never-Trumper. Just fuckin crazy. I guess just crazy is boring.

Our new posting rules