SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 24 April 2018, 11:03
Confirmed User

Well I'll be damned... An IS inspired mass murder? By possibly a Christian Armenian...
Old 24 April 2018, 11:10
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
Has this guy been confirmed to be Armenian? His last name is Armenian, but I don't think anyone has come out and stated his lineage or religious affiliations yet.
Based on googling his name and reading stories, he's Armenian.

Also some kind of almost-retarded idiot savant IT nerd with no social skills.
Old 24 April 2018, 13:12
Confirmed User

An article stated he might be an incel type. He made a facebook post praising Elliot Rodger, the Santa Barbara shooter.
Old 24 April 2018, 14:05

It's disturbing the number of people who idolize Rodgers. It started as a joke, much like the Dorner dude, but certain people (incels) with no clue about dark humor/sarcasm didn't get the joke and actually ran with it as if it was actually serious and now he's the poster child for every shitty socially awkward dipshit out there with an axe to grind.
Old 24 April 2018, 15:12
Confirmed User

I keep stressing to the wife and sons. When you are out and about. Your situational awareness has to be on it's A game. Shits getting crazy out there.
Old 24 April 2018, 15:15
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike76233 View Post
incel
Made the mistake of googling that.

I guess it's true, think of the most random weird shit you possibly can, somewhere on the internet someone has built a website about it.
Old 24 April 2018, 16:15
Confirmed User

These types like this guy and Rodgers are raised with a mentality that they are entitled to have relations with women and are then shocked when things don't pan out. They don't even have a concept of working on themselves and improving their situation.
Old 25 April 2018, 06:50
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVmedic View Post
Well I'll be damned... An IS inspired mass murder? By possibly a Christian Armenian...
People have been running over people since the Model T, and rag-heads didn't come up with the idea, since they just got cars about 2 years ago. They didn't invent flying planes into shit either - that was the Japanese - who in the 1930's, were about one million times more brutal than any islamic radical you are worried about. Go watch Ken Burns' 'The War' on Netflix (~14 hours), and then tell me how scary jihadis are - or ask a Marine from the island hopping campaign, or an Army guy from Bataan.
Old 25 April 2018, 08:19
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
that was the Japanese - who in the 1930's, were about one million times more brutal than any islamic radical you are worried about.
Probably at least a million and 12

Seriously. Camel fuckers ain't got nothing on the Japanese. And I'm not convinced that it isn't still a part of the Japanese genetic makeup either, it's just kinda hidden these days.
Old 25 April 2018, 09:57
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMP View Post
I keep stressing to the wife and sons. When you are out and about. Your situational awareness has to be on it's A game. Shits getting crazy out there.
Like the Waffle House, or the guy here in Ventura (a quiet beach town away from LA) where a homeless guy shanked some dad in a restaurant eating with his daughter on his lap for no reason.

At least now my weird seating issues in restaurants is now justified to my wife.
Old 25 April 2018, 10:17
Confirmed User

I wouldn't say "worried", but when this stuff happens, if it's not some crazy doing it for no good reason, it is a subset of a culture that wants to overtake ours. Maybe jihad terrorism is on the decline in the U.S., most of the big events like this in the past couple years have been these crazies
Old 25 April 2018, 10:44
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA View Post
Probably at least a million and 12

Seriously. Camel fuckers ain't got nothing on the Japanese. And I'm not convinced that it isn't still a part of the Japanese genetic makeup either, it's just kinda hidden these days.
I’m not sure DNA is the reason but it would be difficult to deny that up to WW2 Japan relished and fostered a warrior culture. Now? Not so much. Comparing the Japanese to jihadis is apples to oranges in terms of motivation. In terms of brutality there are probably dozens of tyrants etc worse than the jihadis.

Last edited by Five-O; 25 April 2018 at 10:49.
Old 25 April 2018, 16:31
BTDT

Quote:
I wouldn't say "worried", but when this stuff happens, if it's not some crazy doing it for no good reason, it is a subset of a culture that wants to overtake ours. Maybe jihad terrorism is on the decline in the U.S., most of the big events like this in the past couple years have been these crazies
When was it ever on the 'incline' and what other 'big events' - The one off every 20 - 30 years that always happens?

Do you mean the Vegas shooting? Or the TX Church Shooting? Or the FL School Shooting? Or the SC Church Shooting? Or (add many more white boy shootings/bombings here). PULSE and that Gov Office in CA are the only brown guy shootings I recall, so they are beaten by whitey there.

99.9% of all the other garbage you see/saw, was fabricated by the feds to keep the coffers full.

How many radical beheadings? ZERO. How many WASP on Long Island beheads mother? 1 and at least 2 more IIRC in the WV and OK areas - looks like the jihadis aint got nuthin' on the white boys (and girl in WV) in any area of murder.

~40 US Murders per day, every day, all year - repeat.

Terr'ism has never been a problem in North America.

(But they sure got all your shit monitored because they made you believe it, didn't they? We're so f'n stupid).
Old 25 April 2018, 16:35
Shakin' the bush Boss

There has to be a boogeyman for the government to protect you from. In my youth is was the Russians, now it's the Muslims and the gun owners.
Old 25 April 2018, 18:54
Confirmed User

So where are we on Islamic terrorism? Are you guys saying that the refugee crisis in Europe and the terror groups looking to attack the West are of little importance?

I'm not going to post a list of terrorism in the west. I would say an incline from 2001-present, most of the recent big ones were in Europe. While the numbers are less than the killing we have from domestic psychos, IMO Islamic terror groups are still something to be aware of.
Old 26 April 2018, 07:09
BTDT

Quote:
Are you guys saying that the refugee crisis in Europe and the terror groups looking to attack the West are of little importance?
I am.

Quote:
I'm not going to post a list of terrorism in the west.
Smart move.

Quote:
Islamic terror groups are still something to be aware of.
Of course - they should be allotted the resources commensurate with the *actual* danger they pose - not the propaganda driven treacle that comes out of some .gov'ers agenda (money/power) driven pie hole.
Old 26 April 2018, 09:14
Make a desert and call it peace.

If there's no Muslims in your country, then claims of domestic Islamic terrorism are knee slapping level of preposterous, aren't they?

The .gov overreach of worthless managerial goons seeking power and avoiding accountability is a real issue, but the long term culture and demographic war are real things too. Just because Americans are historically myopic and suicidal altruists due to geography and affluence is no reason to try and justify continuing on the same path off the cliff.

IOW, no reason both things can't be valid. In fact, the near absolute correlation of 3rd world people having 3rd world tyrannic governments should be a serious reason to consider having high % of 3rd world people undesirable.

You're known by the company you keep.

I have to say, this shithead has proven to be epic levels of amusing, regardless of his religion or ethnicity. It's been fun listening to the MSM try to explain "incel", "Chads and Stacys" and Elliot Roger, a previous incel suicide attacker. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith

Last edited by EchoFiveMike; 26 April 2018 at 09:24.
Old 26 April 2018, 09:37
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
Of course - they should be allotted the resources commensurate with the *actual* danger they pose - not the propaganda driven treacle that comes out of some .gov'ers agenda (money/power) driven pie hole.
Completely agree. So what should we do about Iran and Russia? How much money does it take to keep say Russia from jamming our electronic systems? I
Old 28 April 2018, 12:43
Make a desert and call it peace.

Quote:
Completely agree. So what should we do about Iran and Russia? How much money does it take to keep say Russia from jamming our electronic systems? I
Point and laugh? Enjoy the great good fortune of geography that puts them 8000 miles away?

The Russians have an economy based on export of raw materials, and a nontrivial % of their population drinks antifreeze and uses shit like Krokodil.

Jamming our electronic systems? What on US aircraft making their final attack runs in Syria? S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 29 April 2018, 08:38
Confirmed User

Not want to derail the thread but, Russia has been hacking our online systems for years and has been implicated in multiple attacks on our critical infrastructure here in the U.S.

I admit the first I here of some of these types of attacks like the one stated in the beginning of the thread the first thing I think of is another terror act. It's not like we didn't just have multiple car attacks of that MO in Israel, NYC and Europe. We all know from reading this board that it's directly out of Inspire magazine.

Our new posting rules