SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > H2H Combat

Old 1 May 2018, 17:42
Confirmed User

FBI questions Fedor

So the FBI went to Fedor Emelianenko's hotel room to question him prior to his recent Bellator fight in Chicago a few days ago.

Apparently, since Fedor fought under the Affliction banner in 2008 - which was owned by POTUS at the time, and Cohen was the COO. And since (gasp!) Fedor is Russian and is on friendly terms with Putin, there must be some connection there - right? No one is revealing what that line of questions was related to, but I still find this ridiculous.

This is being reported by multiple sources. But the Newsweek version is indicative of most modern "reporting". While most of the MMA blog/sites are just reporting the facts, Newsweek is using phrases like:
- "...previously linked to President Donald Trump and personal attorney Michael Cohen..."
- " ...Emelianenko has a longstanding history with both Trump and Putin. He was first connected to Trump..."
(note: emphasis added by me)

Then they add in a photo of Fedor and Putin shaking hands, and mention how others besides Fedor are being questioned, like form National Security Advisor Michael Flynn.

I don't know if I am more pissed off that our tax $$ are being wasted by having FBI agents interview folks like Fedor, or this obvious attempt at fabrication of a story by Newsweek. FFS.

Clearly, the interview did not faze Fedor as he scored a TKO in 0:48 in the first round.

(Admins/mods - I almost put this in the "all political investigations thread")
Old 1 May 2018, 17:52
Policeman Officer

Hey, I remember Newsweek.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 1 May 2018, 18:10
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt View Post
Yep, been used to hold down end tables in dental offices all across America for decades. Can't think of any other use for it.
Old 1 May 2018, 18:15
Just A "Less-Than"

As sad as it is, and as much of a waste of tax funded money as it is, I can see "their logic" in running it down.

I don't agree or support it, but I do see their thinking they are running their "leads" down...as silly as they are.
Old 1 May 2018, 18:27
Confirmed User

Quote:
That's funny.

Yeah - not the most impactful of sources. I get it.
Old 1 May 2018, 18:36
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
As sad as it is, and as much of a waste of tax funded money as it is, I can see "their logic" in running it down.

I don't agree or support it, but I do see their thinking they are running their "leads" down...as silly as they are.
I don't see any logic. They aren't running leads down. They are deliberating trying to create a public perception of a current nexus between POTUS, Putin, Fedor, and an ongoing criminal investigation. There is nothing to indicate that the FBI's questioning of Fedor has anything to do with POTUS or Putin.
Old 1 May 2018, 18:41
Policeman Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc_3m View Post
That's funny.

Yeah - not the most impactful of sources. I get it.
I used to read every issue of Newsweek, I subscribed to it and a couple others while I was in the Marines. I think I preferred US News and World Report though. Newsweek completely jumped the shark and lost all credibility almost fifteen years ago. Korans flushed down toilets, etc. I actually flipped through an issue yesterday because they had an excerpt from Rise and Kill First. The whole magazine is something like 32 pages and the bulk of it was that excerpt disguised as an article.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

Old 1 May 2018, 20:46
Confirmed User

Hopefully Newsweek managed to write something about Fedor's brother being associated with the Russian mob, and doing time in prison, just to add to the outrage drama...
Old 1 May 2018, 21:29
Policeman Officer

And being a rapist.

Old 1 May 2018, 21:48
I really don't care

Quote:
Was that the old Army repair mag with hot cartoon MILF's nicely adjusted up top? One name Connie I think?

Old 1 May 2018, 21:49
Shakin' the bush Boss

What was that thing no shit? PM magazine with CSM Half Mast
Old 2 May 2018, 04:06
Old Scroll

Connie Ross was her name, and maintaining was her game...

More samples of this DoD exploitation of women

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab
Old 2 May 2018, 13:44
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

I wish they'd had those instructional booklets when I came in, might have made me a fan of comic books.

Torque wrenches weren't the only Connie was capable of calibrating, I'm sure.

Our new posting rules