SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Naval Special Warfare > Navy SEALs

Old 15 November 2018, 18:43
Policeman Officer

If guilty, life without parole is too good for them.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 16 November 2018, 13:57
The Sagacious One

I hope they hang from the elevator shaft at FT Leavenworth.
Old 17 November 2018, 00:13
Been There Done That

The silence of the respectable NSW folks on this board is deafening. I, as a plank owner am disgusted. RIP Soldier.
Old 17 November 2018, 00:40
Unemployed Stunt Double

I am going to withhold judgment until the verdict is in. The accused are just that, accused. They deserve due process and the presumption of innocence.
Old 17 November 2018, 01:09
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
I am going to withhold judgment until the verdict is in. The accused are just that, accused. They deserve due process and the presumption of innocence.
Noble as your statement may be, they admitted to choking him.....to death.
Old 17 November 2018, 11:01
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGH0922 View Post
The silence of the respectable NSW folks on this board is deafening. I, as a plank owner am disgusted. RIP Soldier.
That's rich coming from a Marine, where two Marines are also implicated. What the fuck is there to say? Do you think silence is condoning the behavior? That's classic Jarhead logic right there. What it is is embarrassing and disgusting, but none of the NSW members of this board had any control over those two asshats just like you had no control over the two Marines involved.

If they are guilty, fuck 'em all. Good Soldiers, Sailors, and Marines don't do this shit.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 17 November 2018, 12:42
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
That's rich coming from a Marine, where two Marines are also implicated. What the fuck is there to say? Do you think silence is condoning the behavior? That's classic Jarhead logic right there. What it is is embarrassing and disgusting, but none of the NSW members of this board had any control over those two asshats just like you had no control over the two Marines involved.

If they are guilty, fuck 'em all. Good Soldiers, Sailors, and Marines don't do this shit.
Whoa.....I'm not trying to start an inter-service keyboard war on SOCNET. As I stated in a few posts in this thread, I'm disgusted, physically ill and professionally embarrassed by the entire episode. Guilty or not, IMHO this is a black eye for both MARSOC and NSW. Being much younger and smaller than NSW, this incident, true or not, will be tough for the Raiders to recover from.
Old 17 November 2018, 13:00
Been There Done That

Quote:
Whoa.....I'm not trying to start an inter-service keyboard war on SOCNET. As I stated in a few posts in this thread, I'm disgusted, physically ill and professionally embarrassed by the entire episode. Guilty or not, IMHO this is a black eye for both MARSOC and NSW. Being much younger and smaller than NSW, this incident, true or not, will be tough for the Raiders to recover from.
Sorry. I jumped to the conclusion that you were calling the NSW membership out. What can one say about this? It is indeed a black eye.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 17 November 2018, 13:07
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar View Post

Classic Jarhead logic? What gives you the status to insult Marines?

Answer- nothing.

As to WGH statements, anyone with reading comprehension knows what he was stating, plus he's a plankholder at MarSoc.
Old 17 November 2018, 13:33
Been There Done That

I disagree that WGH0922's initial statement was clear. He did follow up and I apologized for misunderstanding.
Old 17 November 2018, 13:35
Administrator

Frankly this isn't a debate on what you think. You aren't going to blanket insult Marines and act like you're the protector of the SEAL members of this board.

It's as simple as that.
Old 17 November 2018, 15:51
Been There Done That

Understood.
Old 18 November 2018, 19:58
Been There Done That

Quote:
Some of us have just been too busy to dedicate lots of time to SOCNET lately and delve into this discussion, but if found guilty of taking a fellow Americans life over greed, you should know my answer...
Old 19 November 2018, 11:01
Been There Done That

If they are guilty then they need to pay the man for this. Add the murder accusations against SOC Gallagher... Not good for NSW...
Old 19 November 2018, 13:56
Problem Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post

I hope they hang from the elevator shaft at FT Leavenworth.
That's a deeper statement than most people realize.

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 21 November 2018, 18:23
Another pool cleaner

If guilty, fuck them and let 'em hang, regardless of their achievements or branch.

A team member died and those involved changed their stories multiple times.

Let the investigation continue and let justice occur.

This is not a reflection of NSW or MARSOC folks that I know.
Old 5 December 2018, 14:16
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by d322 View Post
If they are guilty then they need to pay the man for this. Add the murder accusations against SOC Gallagher... Not good for NSW...
Obviously, not a Team Guy but I heard his brother and former SEAL Gillum discussing Chief Gallagherís situation on Hannity last night. Gillum seemed to be on his side. Obviously, his brother believes heís innocent. BLUF: Fucked up if he did it but if heís being railroaded I think itís worse. Curious to see how this one shakes out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Been around the world and found
That only stupid people are breeding
The cretins cloning and feeding
And I don't even own a tv
Old 5 December 2018, 15:03
Policeman Officer

I obviously know nothing about this case. I'd say based on some personal experience when teammates who have absolutely no incentive to lie or throw you under the bus to save themselves voluntarily go on record about your actions you have a big, big problem.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 5 December 2018, 15:26
The Copenhagen Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSoldier View Post
Any update on this? I always had issues with NSW being involved in this type of work as they don't seem to like the mission and all the rules that go with it.
That's fucking laughable. It transcends SOF, etc.

Always keep your mouth shut and never rat on your friends.
Old 5 December 2018, 15:31
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt View Post
I obviously know nothing about this case. I'd say based on some personal experience when teammates who have absolutely no incentive to lie or throw you under the bus to save themselves voluntarily go on record about your actions you have a big, big problem.
Why are you posting if you know nothing about this case? If you knew anything about this case, you'd know that your personal experience about "teammates" throwing people under the bus doesn't apply in this case.

Our new posting rules