SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Movies and TV

Old 31 July 2018, 15:36
A Texan in exile

Enjoying Season 2 but I'd rather have them speak in Hebrew with subtitles than suffer through the dubbing in to English (which they didn't do for the Arabic).
Old 31 July 2018, 16:46
Confirmed User

^I was able to turn off the English and have English subtitles. You might be able to do the same.

Winston Churchill

Put a small child in a playpen with an apple and a bunny. If s/he eats the apple and plays with the bunny, s/he's normal;but if s/he eats the bunny and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. Somewhere along the line we must have been TAUGHT to do the wrong thing.

Maynard James Keenan
Old 31 July 2018, 17:43
Been There Done That

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong View Post
^I was able to turn off the English and have English subtitles. You might be able to do the same.
Same here. It's like watching Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon in English. Completely ruins the experience.

Watching it in Hebrew with English subtitles was great!
Old 6 August 2018, 17:17
Deplorable

I'm into S2.
Authentic. Very authentic and I'm very impressed.

The arrogance and attitude of both sides.
[Even tho the entire AO is a shit-hole]
Just about everybody smokes.
Glock and Jericho pistols to include a few worn-out M9's.
The worn-out M4's and the TAVOR's a few newer FN's.
The Israeli manipulation principles and standards of weapons.
AND - the garb and wardrobes, perfectly represented.

I've always preferred to sit back and observe Israeli tactics, rather participate.

The story line is based off 'The Struggle', fiction or otherwise, it's very authentic and well done to include the Jordan relationship.
they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Jeff Cooper
Old 4 April 2020, 16:59
Confirmed User

Season 3 April 16..... Great show...
Old 17 April 2020, 10:53
Life is simple, not easy.

FYI:
Season 3 dropped on Netflix yesterday.
Old 18 April 2020, 18:04
Confirmed User

Season 3 was great!

Winston Churchill

Put a small child in a playpen with an apple and a bunny. If s/he eats the apple and plays with the bunny, s/he's normal;but if s/he eats the bunny and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. Somewhere along the line we must have been TAUGHT to do the wrong thing.

Maynard James Keenan
Old 18 April 2020, 18:22
been ***** **** that

I'm reviewing season 2 first! The gals in this kinda turn me on!
Old 18 April 2020, 18:45
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by schibbs View Post
I'm reviewing season 2 first! The gals in this kinda turn me on!
Yep!

Winston Churchill

Maynard James Keenan
Old 19 April 2020, 08:14
Confirmed User

Damn, Season 3 is awesome.
Old 20 April 2020, 07:20
Administrator

Doron should be named Moron. There's no way anyone would work operationally with that clown. He's blown every mission since season 1 and took it to extremes this season. I assume the writers and actor are trying to show he's passionate, but he comes across as a whiney, emotional POS to me.

As the main character, he's also the most one dimensional character.

This season is a jumbled rushed mess of horrible tradecraft, poor mission planning and abysmal tactical skills.

The one theme that jumped out to me is the Israelis come across as the fanatical evil doers. I don't know if this was intentional or not. They clearly radicalized the young guy who Moron had ingratiated himself with while undercover. They then exploited and ruined his family and forced his father, who appeared to want to not be part of the "movement" anymore, to turn back to the movement. Plenty of other questionable decisions accompanied these actions.

YMMV
Old 20 April 2020, 07:28
Confirmed User

^Isn't that like real life? I liked it for purely the entertainment value and saw plenty wrong with it. If they didn't fuck everything up then there'd be nothing entertaining about it.

Winston Churchill

Maynard James Keenan
Old 20 April 2020, 07:40
Administrator

The underlying theme isn't an issue for me, since it lends nuance, whether intentional or not.

The complete shit show of Moron and the laughable TTP's of team I can get in any B rated movie without having to watch a series that jumbled a bunch of crap together.

Those of you who like it, have at it. I thought it was a D-
Old 20 April 2020, 08:13
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
The underlying theme isn't an issue for me, since it lends nuance, whether intentional or not.

The complete shit show of Moron and the laughable TTP's of team I can get in any B rated movie without having to watch a series that jumbled a bunch of crap together.

Those of you who like it, have at it. I thought it was a D-
I completely agree with your point of view, but I liked the show for it's pure entertainment value. It's like the difference between reading your posts and Dirty Dogs post when he was here. If I wanted a professional answer, I'd read yours. If I wanted a holy shit I can't believe he said that, well it's pretty obvious who won that!

Winston Churchill

Maynard James Keenan
Old 20 April 2020, 09:20
been ***** **** that

I agree with all on season 3. I binged it as my body needed a day off from the chainsaw! Doron really pissed me off and Nurit was as hot as always!
Old 3 May 2020, 09:52
Been There Done That

Terrible ending.
Old 7 May 2020, 11:33
Been There Done That

My understanding is that a couple of the involved writers/actors were IDF in some fashion.

As we watched this season, I commented to the wife that after three seasons, I had the feeling that the writers were 'unburdening' themselves of some guilt. There were definitely things that needed to get done, but I can see the sense of abandonment of sources after placing them in untenable circumstances among other things. I also saw that while the nature of the mission was necessary, it also did create hate where maybe there was ambivalence.

Now, I'm not excusing the radicalism as, IMHO, 'looking the other way or not getting involved' is read as approval or acceptance. I think the writers were portraying it as the behavior on both sides just leads to continued conflict, with each side feeling justified in their actions.

Last edited by Tonydec; 7 May 2020 at 11:38.

Our new posting rules