SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > History

Old 13 August 2018, 15:24
Been There Done That

Warriors in their own words podcast

http://warriorsitow.libsyn.com/

I've been listening to this the past few days and really enjoying it.

Mostly World War II with a few episodes dedicated to Vietnam. I've been able to listen to first hand accounts of the Marine Raider Bns, British Glider troops, Rangers climbing Point du Hoc, Tunnel Rats in Vietnam, Flying Tigers, a helicopter medevac mission in World War II, Medics in Vietnam, Marines on Guadalcanal, and one with Medal of Honor recipient Walter Ehlers that also has some of the old radio news recordings from the war.

Most episodes are about an hour and after a brief introduction its just the veteran telling his story with very little if any input from the interviewer. I think they have 26 episodes up currently.
Old 15 August 2018, 17:03
Been There Done That

Well after to continue to listen to some more episodes, most of which in my opinion are outstanding compared to the normal podcast, I queued up episode 106 today. Jerry Markham and John Talton were repeatedly interrupted by the interviewer as they told their experiences with UDT on Normandy. Awesome tales but these men deserved a better editing job imho.
Old 23 August 2018, 18:45
Been There Done That

I listened to the podcast with the two gents from MACVSOG. Studs, no bragging, just matter of fact with a bit of sick humor.

Our new posting rules