Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old Yesterday, 14:56
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
I believe there are generally three types of agents.

First are the ones that want to solve cases, arrest bad guys, get their hands dirty, blow shit up, etc. Sometimes they get a little too over eager, and sometimes they step on local/state/interagency toes, but in general they just want to get the job done, have fun, and drink beer after work. Many of these agents top out at GS-13 (the highest non-supervisory rank) or GS-14 (front-line supervisor). Very rarely do you see these agents in GS-15 or higher positions.

Second are those that intend to use the Bureau as a spring board to bigger and better things in the outside world such as law or politics, and they want that resume bullet to flesh things out. They do their 4-5 years, rarely make waves, and move on when the first good opportunity presents itself.

Lastly, there are those thankfully few agents that want to BE SOMEBODY and will crawl through a mile of broken glass, suck a golf ball through a garden hose, and be the bitch to the SAC/DAD/etc; whatever it takes to move forward. They NEVER make waves, always agree with leadership or the group think, and move pretty fast up the food chain, bouncing from FO to HQs to FO every 18-24 months seeking that next promotion.

FWIW, the first group hates the last group more than anyone here could know, for all the reasons we can imagine.
Good friend of mine drank the Kool-Aid, entered the academy days before age cut-off. Hated and didn't trust anyone above the SAC level. He said their policies were made so people would want to leave. Did it a few years, left, never regretted doing it, or leaving. He said biggest perk was being able to walk through TSA and flash his badge and keep walking.
Old Yesterday, 15:54
Confirmed User

It's just hearsay at this point, but it seems that Lisa Page threw Strzok under the bus during her closed hearing.

Rep. Ratcliffe:

Quote:
““I think there are significant differences between their testimony about important material facts, I think she has been as forthcoming as she can. I think she is trying to respect the real privileges that exist from her former employer, and she is getting direction from FBI counsel about not answering certain things and she is trying to respect that. At the same time, I think she is trying to give us as much information as she’s allowed to do, which I think is a distinction and difference from what we saw with Peter Strzok. “She gave us a lot of new information that we didn’t have before. That will lead us to ask for some more people to make some more requests for information we do not yet have.”
Old Yesterday, 16:24
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Yeah they kinda set the standard when it comes to dysfunctional bureaucracies and promoting all the wrong people.
Brings to mind a scene from The Wire:

Quote:
Acting Commissioner Ervin H. Burrell: [about Proposition Joe's gang] What makes you think they'll promote the wrong man?

Lt. Cedric Daniels: We do it all the time.
Old Yesterday, 16:49
Make a desert and call it peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le3 View Post
It's just hearsay at this point, but it seems that Lisa Page threw Strzok under the bus during her closed hearing.

Rep. Ratcliffe:
Leakage seems to be pointing at China doing the hacking of DNC/Hillary, not Russia, with Stroke and the rest of the FBI being told about it and doing nothing of significance. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith
Old Yesterday, 17:49
Confronting the Reckoning

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57Medic View Post
I watched the hearings from a different perspective. One of decades of interacting with people who were intoxicated/mentally ill/suffering side effects of psychiatric medications, etc.

Here is my $.02

1) Strozk appears to be medicated, on what I don't know, but that man's facial expressions, squirming and shoulder movements tell me there is something not right. Motor tics and repetitive movements can be indicative of common side effects typical antipsychotic mediations.

2) Strozk's responses and facial expressions were out of sync, almost akin to someone who has PBA (pseudo-bulbar affect) which can be seen in TBI, Alzheimer's, MS, Parkinson's disease, in which the reactions do not correspond with questions, i.e. smiling when inappropriate, crying when inappropriate.

3)Strozk's continual shifting, and especially the shoulder movements and facial habitus are telltale of being medicated (side effects of psychiatric medications include restlessness, uncontrollable movements, tremor).

So, my conclusion is he either has a psychiatric disorder, is suffering from side effects of psychiatric medications (tongue movements, grimacing, odd facial expressions) OR he is possessed.

And one other crystal clear conclusion I reached, that he is a giant, self inflated, arrogant dick..... so there's that.
Your post was very interesting to read. I recognize one cannot diagnose from a distance. Nonetheless, your conclusion was similar to one I saw elsewhere, and if two people familiar with this world (psychosis and medication) are reaching similar conclusions independently that says something very interesting is afoot. The other person I read on this suggested that it might have contributed to the affair (if there was one) with Page, that some find this behavior extremely alluring and attractive.

Still, demonic possessions would be creepy and amazing too.
Old Yesterday, 17:57
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armitage12 View Post
Your post was very interesting to read. I recognize one cannot diagnose from a distance. Nonetheless, your conclusion was similar to one I saw elsewhere, and if two people familiar with this world (psychosis and medication) are reaching similar conclusions independently that says something very interesting is afoot. The other person I read on this suggested that it might have contributed to the affair (if there was one) with Page, that some find this behavior extremely alluring and attractive.

Still, demonic possessions would be creepy and amazing too.
Would this have been perhaps a "Fatal Attraction" type affair with him being the Glenn Close type character? Maybe Lisa Page is spilling the beans on Peter Stroke 'cause he was weirding her out too much.
Old Yesterday, 19:14
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo View Post
Would this have been perhaps a "Fatal Attraction" type affair with him being the Glenn Close type character? Maybe Lisa Page is spilling the beans on Peter Stroke 'cause he was weirding her out too much.
Hell hath no fury, Strczok bought the tickets and now he rides the ride.
Old Yesterday, 19:28
Scoundrel

You guys are just dicks. The FBI is swell.

“It's not a good idea to allow an unknown enemy force to attack your compound. Ever, really.” -MixedLoad

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -HST

Secrets don't sleep til they're took to the grave. -BMTH
Old Yesterday, 20:55
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo Kane View Post
Hell hath no fury, Strczok bought the tickets and now he rides the ride.
Yep. Don't stick your stick in crazy.
Old Yesterday, 21:41
Confirmed User

Disclaimer:
Granted this page seems a bit tin-foil-hatty... I wonder if there's something to it. Might be of interest to people who have wondered about his background.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/expose...ranian-regime/
Old Yesterday, 21:42
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
Yep. Don't stick your stick in crazy.
...and never get your money and your honey from the same place...
Old Yesterday, 22:53
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
You’re just saying that because...oh, wait...
Old Today, 09:55
Authorized Personnel

Le3 read the article and agree with the tinfoil assessment but it does have an interesting take on the man as well as his father.

Jimbo stop being so succinct... you’re choosing your words to well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Been around the world and found
That only stupid people are breeding
The cretins cloning and feeding
And I don't even own a tv
Old Today, 10:10
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le3 View Post
Disclaimer:
Granted this page seems a bit tin-foil-hatty... I wonder if there's something to it. Might be of interest to people who have wondered about his background.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/expose...ranian-regime/
If confirmed by other sources, this explains a lot.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when I’m attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old Today, 10:40
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
LMFAO....You're lucky you didn't wind up on the stand.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top

Our new posting rules