Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 2 June 2016, 18:13
Been There Done That

Fuck...who is the Michio Kaku of the intelligence world that made that table up?

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 3 June 2016, 00:51
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abnrgr1sg View Post
Fuck...who is the Michio Kaku of the intelligence world that made that table up?
Somewhere, its originator is giggling at the frustration of others due to the fact that the diagram cannot in itself be transformed into more than a single Power Point slide.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 5 June 2016, 17:44
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

It's the kind of table Hans Gruber would use as a template to make up a terrorist group name using a mishmash of a few different groups.
Old 8 June 2016, 10:18
Midgetologist

I'm sure if Billary gets elected the NRA,VFW etc will be on there.
Old 14 June 2016, 15:53
Confirmed User

still working on getting a storyboard or table finished. Mainly waiting on some confirmations of leadership and allegiances for some of the groups.

It won't look as nice as the periodic table but it should map out the groups and allegiances quite decently. If someone has a software or a idea on a better way to make a searchable function etc let me know.

I am mulling over the idea of releasing a basic generic one and a more indepth one for non public use(still for free) with sources such as darkweb resources and press releases showing the connections of the groups and leadership roles.

should have it up in the next 30 days.
Old 19 June 2016, 22:09

Definitely appreciate the work RedBull.

I can't help out with software, but as long as it's modular enough to be easily changed in the future would be my only suggestion. Hopefully it won't look too much like a redneck family tree when it's done. ;-)
Old 9 November 2016, 16:49
Confirmed User

I did end up finishing this while on vacation. And turned it over to some people. I'm still waiting on word if i can post it publicly or not. If not I'll do a condensed one without the extra crap in it.
Hopefully it got in the hands or is/has been seen by people who can use the info properly.
Old 11 November 2016, 14:33

Thanks RB!
Old 11 November 2016, 14:53
Russian Tycoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abnrgr1sg View Post
He sits two cubicle rows away from me. Really nice (and wickedly smart) guy. He is no longer with Navanti Group.
Old 13 January 2017, 18:01
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlwithaGlock View Post
He sits two cubicle rows away from me. Really nice (and wickedly smart) guy. He is no longer with Navanti Group.
What's his go to software for flow chart? I'm using omnigirrafe now and am in the process of migrating a excel spreadsheet of anti-Iranian grouo s who've done attacks last 12 months but omni is a pain in the ass. Can you ask if he's got a better program for it or a recommended one? I want to find a program that allows me to list groups and allow for someone to click on the group/subgroup to expand info on the group.

IE:Komala as a header once you click it gives weapons, leadership etc info. Id like to replicate the periodic table such as what your collegur did but seperate by region etc so once you click on the name it gives drop down info. My current project of tracking SE Asia and ME groups is quite indepth but a pain to project to people in a proper format.

Our new posting rules