Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 21 June 2017, 08:22
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
Okay, random question that I don't think deserves it's own thread, but I guess it fits here: Do Iraqi forces have those serial number/QR code stickers on their hand-me-down M4s and other ordinance?

Serial numbers. Not sure if they have the QR codes or not, but the 1208 program mandates accountability inspections quarterly IIRC of any weapons or sensitive items. Now, whether that is actually being done or just pencil-whipped is anyone's guess.
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate
I am the captain of my soul.
-Invictus
Old 21 June 2017, 19:43
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Serial numbers. Not sure if they have the QR codes or not, but the 1208 program mandates accountability inspections quarterly IIRC of any weapons or sensitive items. Now, whether that is actually being done or just pencil-whipped is anyone's guess.
Gotcha. I was asking because I was reading the Rumyah and caught a picture of an ISIS member holding an M4 with a QR sticker on the right side of the rifle.

I know these guys got a lot of their shit from retreating Iraqi forces who drop their shit and run away (hence the question)......but I also remember a snippet I heard about the reason Benghazi was so "hush hush" was because it was the main, or a, hub for where the US was funneling weapons to the Syrian fighters via Southern Turkey.....where they'd be then handed off to ISIS via some intermediary (aka the "moderate rebels").

The caption says Ayn al-Tamr, which is in Iraq, so I figured it was some Iraqis "never fired only dropped once" weapon but I just thought it odd some Iraqis would have an actual inventory system with QR barcodes. Thanks for the reply.
Attached Images
File Type: png ISIS M4.PNG (700.2 KB, 109 views)

Last edited by DirtyDog0311; 21 June 2017 at 19:51.
Old 21 June 2017, 23:32
Clorox bearer for SOTB

Perhaps they got them though ATF and another branch of fast and furious?

I thought Iran was still on the axis of evil list? Jeeze, I gotta get Cliff notes on this middle east shit.

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Old 22 June 2017, 20:26
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
Okay, random question that I don't think deserves it's own thread, but I guess it fits here: Do Iraqi forces have those serial number/QR code stickers on their hand-me-down M4s and other ordinance?
Yes some still have QR codes on them and almost all have the serial numbers. For the most part Daesh nor the weapon smugglers or other militias haven't tried to obfuscate the origins of the weapons.

Our new posting rules