Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Movies and TV

Old 7 January 2002, 18:22
Top Gun

Nevermind, double tap.
Old 7 January 2002, 19:16
jag...justagrunt
Visitor

Exclamation Don't rock my world!

Are you guys trying to say that GI Jane wasn't an accurate portrail of NAVSPECWAR School "BUD'S"
Old 7 January 2002, 21:22
Huey One Four
Visitor

I used to love Delta Force 1....I wanted one of those bikes real bad! From DF2 onwards, they sucked.

Best: In the army now, Iron Eagle 1.
Worst: Desert Thunder (had one of the baldwin bros. about fighter pilots which never go near an aircraft. stolen scenes from Iron Eagle and Top Gun. Helicopter pilots attack on foot with helmets on and visors down. best laugh Ive had for ages.)
Old 8 January 2002, 00:58
Never ****

Because of all the votes the other day for Major Payne I made myself sit down and watch what I thought was going to be another dumb movie. However, I LMAO the entire time. :D

You can do everything with bayonets but sit on them.
Old 8 January 2002, 01:44
On the Extract Bird

THe worst EVER...sorry

Not sure of how many of you saw this piece of crap

The film claims: An elite corp of military experts travel to a democratic nation whose government is in danger of being overthrown by a band of mercenaries. Fantastic special effects add much to this exciting feature

A online review- "folks, this movie hurt. It hurt me bad. I mean hurt like having your girlfriend screw your best in front of you and then beat the shit out of you in front of everyone you know bad."

and for more insight-
"Megaforce defeats the enemy with completely ridiculous means. I'm talking every superhero/James Bond trick in the book. Smoke coming out of their assault motorcycles, laser weapons, even FUCKING FLYING MOTORCYCLES. You have to see this to understand. I'm dazed. I am writing this minutes after viewing it. It hurts...lord, please stop the hurting! "

and finally -

"No synopsis written by man can describe the badness of this movie. You'll really have to experience it for yourself. I really can't describe the sheer pain this film will induce!"

Last edited by bmf; 10 January 2002 at 07:26.
Old 8 January 2002, 06:19
AirbornePaintman
Visitor

Quote:
Originally posted by nielsen151
Paintman-1

I think that movie is "Von Ryan's Express", with Frank Sinatra that's running for the train at the end.

While we're on the topic: a couple of my favourite war movies are Lawrence of Arabia, Apocalypse Now Redux, Platoon, and Full Metal Jacket.
That's it.
Old 8 January 2002, 08:34
Going back

No Time For Sergeants

The latrine inspection, the "awards" ceremony, fixing the radio the way many of us do now.

A classic.

Seriously, A Bridge Too Far and 84 CharlieMopic.
Old 8 January 2002, 10:32
jag...justagrunt
Visitor

Has anyone seen FIREFOX? It has Nicoles Cage and Tommy Lee Jones in it si I figured it had to be good...

OMFG! It sucked!!!!!!
Old 8 January 2002, 14:21
Been There Done That

jag, is that the one about South American counter-drug ops. With the bad ass helo pilot "Scorpion"? If so, it did suck on so many different levels.

Matt
Old 8 January 2002, 19:44
Never ****

I rented one of the worst films ever, Navy SEALs II or something like that. I thought, wife is out of town, sit at home and watch a good movie. Good my ass, that movie sucked!

You can do everything with bayonets but sit on them.
Old 8 January 2002, 19:57
para325air
Visitor

Ok, has anyone other then me seen A MIdnight Clear. Damn good flick about a Military Intel squad. Every enlisted guy I have recommended that movie to has loved it and every officer has hated it. :D
Old 8 January 2002, 22:35
Authorized Personnel

Funny thing happened today........

I'm taking a new class at my university called War Through Film. Today our Professor asked the class what war movie we thought was the best. People were saying movies like A Bridge Too Far and The Thin Red Line. I said to the guy beside me In The Army Now. The fucker on front of me heard me say it and yelled it out. Everyone laughed.......I hate it when assholes steal my jokes. Its a good thing that I forgot I had my Spyderco on me.

I should suggest that we watch Major Payne in class.
Old 9 January 2002, 08:34
Sapper12B
Visitor

84 Charlie MOPIC , it's a documentary style movie that is documenting a LRRP patrol in Vietnam. Richard Brooks, Glen Morshower, great flick but hard to find.
Old 9 January 2002, 09:34
Arrogant Bastard

Your all

Forgetting about the Longest Day. Great part with the Brit SGM (Beachmaster) is standing on the beach shit falling everywhere and does not flinch for shit.

Midnight Clear was an awesome movie. Loved the scene with the snowman!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 9 January 2002, 10:46
Probationary User

Favorites - 84 Charlie Mopic and A Bridge too Far (both films don't try to glamorise war)

The first half of "Predator" was great as well.

Worst - Anything that contains a "One Man Army" (Rambo/Commando/MIA etc)
Old 9 January 2002, 16:40
jag...justagrunt
Visitor

Quote:
Originally posted by ebbertt
jag, is that the one about South American counter-drug ops. With the bad ass helo pilot "Scorpion"? If so, it did suck on so many different levels.

Matt
Spot-On.
Old 9 January 2002, 19:04
guardguy
Visitor

I think your guys mean Fire Birds...

I thought Platoon was excellent, my dad, who was there, said it was the most realistic of the Vietnam movies he saw.
Hamburger Hill was pretty good too.

I also have to include:
MASH, Three Kings, Catch-22
Old 9 January 2002, 19:11
Arrogant Bastard

Three Kings

That was a complete dud of a movie, almost like firebirds except no helicopters zooming over head!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 9 January 2002, 20:44
Gun nut

Quote:
Originally posted by Tracy
13th Warrior - Strongly recommend to anyone wanting to join SF.

It's a movie that works on all levels.
I agree completly.

Aside from the fact that it stars Antonio Bandaras (of desperado fame) the whole story (based on the Chriton book 'The eaters of the dead') is an excelent one.

Ya also might consider me a little biased considering that my family is mostly Norwegian and I tend to favor such things.

Chris(Future Wannabe)

Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, brain save both.
-Erwin Rommel
Old 9 January 2002, 22:06
2B|RANGER|
Visitor

movies

i do think 13 warror is good but i also have to say The longest day is one of my favorites.. although it is black and white i love it..

Our new posting rules