Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Movies and TV

Old 13 September 2016, 08:48
Problem Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by tm3e View Post

The creator of the opening scene said she was Mexican

"Tom: So a lot of the front-end switch work, the real surreal stuff, the girls, were shot 4K, on a Black Magic I think. We had an extensive casting process to get the right feel, so we have sort of a Miami girl (Rachel Eileen) and then we had the Colombian beauty queen. We actually looked into a lot of pageants from the 70s to find the right look. We wanted this bombastic, big 70s kind of hair. The girl we ended up getting, Oralia Cortes, was actually a Mexican beauty queen."
Tom would know better than I would.

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 21 September 2016, 01:15
Been There Done That

I just wrapped up season 2. Glad to see Pena's coming back to take down the Cali cartel. But, no Americans at Pablo's end game? WTF? They think no one reads?
Old 21 September 2016, 08:47
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph View Post
I just wrapped up season 2. Glad to see Pena's coming back to take down the Cali cartel. But, no Americans at Pablo's end game? WTF? They think no one reads?
Everyone has their own version.

This is the version you hear in Medellin and now from Don Berna..

http://colombiareports.com/don-berna...pablo-escobar/

By the by, La Oficina de Envigado is/was the biggest Cartel in Medellin and was formed after the fall of the Medellin Cartel.

Don Berna didn't target Police or Gringos..nor was there a lot of collateral damage.

There was order... When you remove some of these Capos, there is a power vacuum and the rules and order go out the window.

Things went to shit when he was extradited and one of the incidents that resulted, (the massacre in Envigado) ended up with a gringo being collateral damage when two Sicarios sprayed a bar with a machine guns to kill one guy and ended up killing 8, (July, 2010).

"The acting director of the United States Drug Enforcement Administration said that "American and Colombian communities are safer with the removal of this notorious drug kingpin."

Total bullshit...

Another topic for another thread, but the, "War on Drugs", is a joke and the DEA a waste of resources, if you ask me.

Sltwtr1

OUT

Jack Bauer
Old 8 November 2016, 16:14
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

I'm watching the first episode, like what I'm seeing so far in spite of some scenes that leave me shaking my head, such as Murphy walking up to the chick who will become his wife and revealing/boasting that he's a DEA agent.

At that point in time, you'd probably stike out as much or more as you'd get her number. Not to mention the PERSEC issues. You never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Well she was wrong at least once when she was laughing and talking shit about how her son was too smart and they would never catch him and then his body landed at her feet.... Or so I heard a rumor. But yeah, heard she was a real bitch.
Worse than Griselda Blanco?

I heard she met her maker too several years after her deportation back to Columbia.
Old 8 November 2016, 17:52
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
I'm watching the first episode, like what I'm seeing so far in spite of some scenes that leave me shaking my head, such as Murphy walking up to the chick who will become his wife and revealing/boasting that he's a DEA agent.

At that point in time, you'd probably stike out as much or more as you'd get her number. Not to mention the PERSEC issues. You never know.

Worse than Griselda Blanco?

I heard she met her maker too several years after her deportation back to Columbia.
You have not met many DEA agents, have you?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 8 November 2016, 17:55
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
LOL, I was going to say.
Old 10 November 2016, 13:10

Quote:
lol

I answered you in the PM yesterday, I should qualify what I said there.

I only saw them in captivity, never in the wild.
Old 13 December 2016, 10:44
Calix Meus Inebrians

Binge watched season 2 over the past few days. I was kind of surprised they didn't drag Pablo into season 3, but I like how they set it up for the future seasons. I do think they'll have a hard time replacing Wagner Moura as a presence in the series. He was just great in the Pablo role.
Old 27 September 2017, 17:01

I like the show, especially the second season, but as with all film and TV productions they always do things with weapons that drive me nuts.

We've all seen it before, the automatic weapon that seems to have an endless supply of ammunition, equipped with a bottomless magazine that will fire rounds into infinity.

Such was the case in one of the latter episodes of season 2, when Fernando the lawyer is stopped in traffic and gets a approached by a young girl selling fruit and the car next to him pulls forward just a bit to reveal a gunman in the back seat popping up, pointing a couple of what appeared to be MAC-10s , one in each hand, and opening fire.

Both weapons were equipped with 30 round magazines, and when you depress the trigger on one of them, with it's published cyclic rate of 1200 RPM, the well should go dry in about 1.5 seconds.

Not in Hollywood, that guy fired those weapons on full auto for 7 full seconds (I went back and timed it), I thought he'd never run out. Reminds me of a similar scene I saw a long time ago in the movie Boyz from the Hood.
Old 27 September 2017, 18:54
Confirmed User

Quote:
I wish I could say that you're wrong, but I would be lying.

Only the married guys practice good PERSEC (and, not even all of them). All that wasted undercover ID.
Old 27 September 2017, 23:16
Been There Done That

I have to admit I fell asleep during the last 4-5 episodes of season 3. Maybe it was the show, maybe it was the wine. Guess I need to go back and try to catch up.

Our new posting rules