Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 11 August 2016, 08:57

Canadian police score one for the team

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/terror...rcmp-1.3715969

I'm from that area of Canada originally. You truly couldn't find a sleepier little burgh. If it can happen there, it can happen anywhere. Evidently the wannabe mass murderer was planning an attack on mass transit in Toronto.

Great team effort between Ontario Provincial Police TRU (a FT HRT that trains with FBI HRT, UKSF, LAPD, GIGN, etc) Royal Canadian Mounted Police ERT, and military support for the hazardous devices disposal.

I hope this serves as a wakeup call to Canadians and their liberal politicians that it can happen here, and in fact just did.
Old 11 August 2016, 09:00
Violent Social Worker

Nice work.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 11 August 2016, 15:52
Confirmed User

BAM!! It would have sucked if he made good on his plot. I love hearing when these devices don't work as planned, to bad he injured 1. I wonder if they shot him through the face?

Our new posting rules