Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 3 April 2017, 08:43
Conquer Life.

St. Petersburg explosion

News outlets reporting 2 devices filled with shrapnel detonated, killing at least 10 people in St. Petersburg metro station.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...n-metro-train/

“Now from a distance I look back on what the Corps taught me: To think like men of action, and to act like men of thought! To live life with intensity, and a passion for excellence.” - Jim Mattis
Old 3 April 2017, 08:55
Confirmed User

This is likely Da'sh. Russia doesn't need more public support to act in Syria. Remember when they killed that journalist who exposed the FSB plot to bomb civilians and pin it on the Chechnyans?
Old 3 April 2017, 10:21
Make a desert and call it peace.

The US should offer condolences, then coordinate more closely with Russia in global kebab reduction operations. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith
Old 3 April 2017, 12:30
Confirmed User

Makes me wonder how many people will now apply a Russia filter to their fb profile pic... must make sjw heads spin.
Old 3 April 2017, 12:33
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le3 View Post
Makes me wonder how many people will now apply a Russia filter to their fb profile pic... must make sjw heads spin.
Now that's an idea.

Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!

"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
William Tecumseh Sherman
Old 3 April 2017, 12:43
Confirmed User

Quote:
Can you imagine the absolute grand-mal seizure the left would have if POTUS did that to his Twitter profile pic?
Old 3 April 2017, 12:59
BTDT

Ruck Fussia...
They spent 50 years of cold war money cultivating friendships with state sponsors of global terrorist networks. Now everyone is supposed to be shocked and horrified that the bear has been attacked by a few extremists.
...hasn't the liberal media spent the last 18 months on top of a soap box reminding us that Russia is the enemy?

In the name of democrats everywhere, hooray for the St Petersburg bomber - may he strike again at the heart of mother Russia to destroy all of those dirty Cossacks that tainted the election against the exalted madam secretary...

blah blah blah etc etc.....
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 3 April 2017, 13:47
The Sagacious One

Moved to terrorism forum.
Old 5 April 2017, 00:56
Social Claymore

So, anyone seeing a connection to this attack and the use of chemical weapons in Syria? My first thought was the area hit may have been where the bomber was from.

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 5 April 2017, 01:30
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebean54 View Post
So, anyone seeing a connection to this attack and the use of chemical weapons in Syria? My first thought was the area hit may have been where the bomber was from.
I would think that it will normally take more time than that for a "retaliatory" attack.
It's a bit tangential, but it will be interesting to find out who used the chemical agent. The last "big story" involving chemical agents in Syria ended up to have, let's say, "inconclusive" results.
It would seem to me, that in light of current developments, It wouldn't be in Assad's best interest to stirr the international outrage pot. There are other factions that might be more interested in the international community not wanting to deal with Assad.
On the other hand... Assad hasn't got much to lose in terms of PR.
Old 5 April 2017, 05:48
Confirmed User

But wasn't Syria supposed to have eliminated its chemical weapons under western supervision?

And frankly, whose interests would it serve to chemical-bomb children?

Just once...

Come on

"Either go Genghis Khan, or go home..." - Leopardprey
Old 5 April 2017, 06:56
Life is simple, not easy.

Regarding the chemical attack in Syria, I wonder how much truth is in this article and how much is fake news.

almasdarnews.com/article/jumping-conclusions-something-not-adding-idlib-chemical-weapons-attack/

Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!

"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
William Tecumseh Sherman
Old 5 April 2017, 22:13
Confirmed User

There's no fucking way Assad used Chems. I call bullshit straight up.

I smell "false flag". Just like the last time those fuckers used chems to try and force the USA. Someone check John Fucking McCain's passport stamps and Cell GPS logs.

People are stupid to believe this as being Assad. "Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice.................."
Old 5 April 2017, 23:09
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post

I smell "false flag". Just like the last time those fuckers used chems to try and force the USA. Someone check John Fucking McCain's passport stamps and Cell GPS logs.

People are stupid to believe this as being Assad. "Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice.................."
Btw... wasn't McCain not recently in Syria?

Some interesting points I couldn't help but notice:

Pictures of white helmets handling victims with their bare hands, imho that would be a very bad idea, considering the alledged agent used (Sarin). There are very likely some knowledgeable people around, I'd love to hear more about this aspect. I've heard the argument of low concentration to begin with (dilution, impurities and degradation of the stockpile), so that despite causing fatalities in the initial strike, helpers weren't exposed to harmful doses anymore.

Timing. Al Qaeda and affiliated groups gaining political advantage (same as 2013 and 2016), especially considering the current stance of the US towards rebel factions.

One of the cited sources for the Idlib attack is the al Qaeda linked Dr. Shajuhl Islami, a very interesting character to say the least (http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/213922.php).

The list goes on. I'm far from being an expert, but Assad doesn't strike me as a madman. He might be a despot, but he has doesn't seem to be completely of his rocker. And assuming he would have ordered this...it would probably be the worst possible moment for him.
This whole story puts a lot of people in a bad position, except for all the rebel groups. Smells funky to me.
Old 6 April 2017, 07:06
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

If the folks in that area want to kill one another will bullets, Sarin, or spears, it doesn't matter to me. With the possible exception of the Kurds, for whom no country on earth has proven willing to invest more than a Hallmark card's worth of assistance, there isn't anyone in that area of operations whose life is so valuable that it must be defended by sacrificing the life of a single American in uniform. I don't think we should ignore the region any more than one should ignore a cancerous tumor, and for the same reason - ignoring those people there will allow them to eventually become more of a problem here. However, since there doesn't seem to be a way to divorce those people from their world domination fanaticism, abuse and oppression of women and kids, inbreeding, pedophilia, and hostility to constructive criticism, I'm OK with mass depopulation events in that vicinity. The poor children who may have been gassed, as sad as those images appear, are the same kids who in a decade would be the next crop of the exact same culture raised and trained by the current crop to act just like them. If someone in that locality is willing to do the necessary cloroxing of the regional gene pool without our assistance or funding, I don't see a reason to get upset or act like the United States needs to step in a set things aright. It would be the height of foolishness to go to war with the Russians because one group of idiots we hate in Syria genocided another group of Syrians whom we hate.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 6 April 2017, 10:07
Old and Grumpy

Quote:

I think Assad has thrown down the gauntlet knowing he has Russia's backing. Tubby Kim has done the same. They have seen the US as being a paper tiger during the Obama administration and are testing the new President. I'm a big fan of "the buck stops here". Its President's Trump's problem now and I'm curious to see how he handles it.
Old 6 April 2017, 10:52
Reverse Apache Master

Quote:

Some interesting points I couldn't help but notice:

Pictures of white helmets handling victims with their bare hands, imho that would be a very bad idea, considering the alledged agent used (Sarin). There are very likely some knowledgeable people around, I'd love to hear more about this aspect. I've heard the argument of low concentration to begin with (dilution, impurities and degradation of the stockpile), so that despite causing fatalities in the initial strike, helpers weren't exposed to harmful doses anymore.
GB/Sarin isn't very persistent to begin with. That's one of it's drawbacks and what VX (which both Russia and Syria have) was designed to do much better (as well as VX being much more potent). Environmental conditions would also play a big role in how long the area was dangerous.

It's likely that everyone over there has some GB in some form or fashion, so this could have certainly been plenty of people other than the Russians or Syrians. This was nothing more than an attention-getter. If by chance, the Russians did it in retaliation for the subway bombing (as someone mentioned...possibly the bomber might have had ties to this village, etc), then that's not something I think we should go to war over.

Giving the enemy a boner is half the battle. --Jungle Recon
Old 6 April 2017, 11:34
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS11 View Post
GB/Sarin isn't very persistent to begin with. That's one of it's drawbacks and what VX (which both Russia and Syria have) was designed to do much better (as well as VX being much more potent). Environmental conditions would also play a big role in how long the area was dangerous.

It's likely that everyone over there has some GB in some form or fashion, so this could have certainly been plenty of people other than the Russians or Syrians. This was nothing more than an attention-getter. If by chance, the Russians did it in retaliation for the subway bombing (as someone mentioned...possibly the bomber might have had ties to this village, etc), then that's not something I think we should go to war over.
The bomber was not Syrian, rather from Kyrgyzstan.
This morning chlorine drums were dropped on another city.
Russia will for now back Syria no matter what as they have a major naval base (Tartus) and want to keep it.

It's tragic to see kids suffering like that, no matter what.

H
Old 6 April 2017, 11:51
Confirmed User

Quote:

Bingo. Assad is more popular in Syria than the rebels, and has literally 0 reason to go gas some kids at this point. He's a dick, but he's not Kim Jong Un.
Old 6 April 2017, 12:41
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1/ss nuke View Post
there isn't anyone in that area of operations whose life is so valuable that it must be defended by sacrificing the life of a single American in uniform.
Fucking A. I saw too many good Marines die in Iraq (for apparently no reason) to support sending any more in the ME. Especially my son, the one that wants to get a commission after college.
Quote:
The poor children who may have been gassed, as sad as those images appear, are the same kids who in a decade would be the next crop of the exact same culture raised and trained by the current crop to act just like them.
Just like Somalia. Lots of theories out there about the ability of the Sahel region to support XXX number of people, how the whole early-80s "Aid for Africa"-thing fucked that up by allowing many more to live to adulthood than could realistically be supported, and the result 10 years later was thousands of young men with no purpose in life or means of support, willing to join militias and kill innocents.

Our new posting rules