Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 22 May 2017, 22:25
Confirmed User

4 years ago today Lee Rigby was decapitated in London. Rigby was a British Soldier. This could be a coincidence.
Old 22 May 2017, 23:20
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSchooldropout View Post
4 years ago today Lee Rigby was decapitated in London. Rigby was a British Soldier. This could be a coincidence.
Yes, pure happenstance. Nothing to see here.

Prayers for the families that lost folks and a quick recovery to those injured.

Hopefully, the Brits get a clue and figure out a way to actually deal with the crap they have brought upon their people, but I am not holding my breath.
Old 22 May 2017, 23:23
**** Cancer

Most of them were just fucking kids...

Normal, everyday thing for a major city right Mr. Mayor?
"Away with the whims of governmental administrators, their socialized projects, their centralization, their tariffs, their government schools, their state religions, their free credit, their bank monopolies, their regulations, their restrictions, their equalization by taxation, and their pious moralizations!"

~ Frédéric Bastiat
Old 22 May 2017, 23:33
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholty View Post
This is so sad. We have no real information coming out of Manchester and yet ex-CIA Director Woolsey just said on Fox News that this is clearly the fault of President Trump. He openly declared war against the extremist and we did not have these types of incidents in the 8 years under President Obama.

Even Sheppard Smith was stunned by that, cut him off and said that it was a bit to soon to start blaming people.

We don't know what happened, why it happened or how it happen but clearly it is already President Trumps fault.

Prayers for all of those affected by this .... whatever this is.
Wanted to correct this since apparently my listening comprehension is off. Apparently Woolsey was FOR President Trump. Still not sure how I misunderstood it but apparently people are up in arm on Twitter AGAINST Shepard Smith for cutting him off.

Either way - there is no reason to make this political when we don't even have ANY information on what/when/where etc..
Old 22 May 2017, 23:45
Spice Weasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
Normal, everyday thing for a major city right Mr. Mayor?
A couple days ago, I watched a video produced by the former Minister of Equality for the UK (a real position created by PM Blair). He recognized that the diversity programs championed by liberals hadn't worked as intended because--wait for it--human nature tends to make people cluster in similar ethnic groups. He acknowledged that this provided fertile ground for disgruntled young men of certain ethnic backgrounds to become radicalized (although he used a more oblique reference to it). While he recognized the problem, he didn't have any solution to propose. Not surprising.
Old 23 May 2017, 04:56
Been There Done That

Prayers out for the victims and their families.

Wake up!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 23 May 2017, 06:05
Conquer Life.

This is the same singer who in 2015 said "I hate Americans, I hate America", right? Same girl? I don't know anything about her other than that's what popped up when I searched Google.

“Now from a distance I look back on what the Corps taught me: To think like men of action, and to act like men of thought! To live life with intensity, and a passion for excellence.” - Jim Mattis
Old 23 May 2017, 06:38
Ne Obliviscaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls View Post
This is the same singer who in 2015 said "I hate Americans, I hate America", right? Same girl? I don't know anything about her other than that's what popped up when I searched Google.
Same chick.
Old 23 May 2017, 06:52
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls View Post
She looks like a 16 year old kid but she's 23. She's of Italian descent and is from Miami but passes herself off as Hispanic because being ethnic is more popular than being white. She's an outspoken advocate of all the extremist leftist causes - gay rights, animal rights, drug legalization, immigrant rights, America is bad, blah blah blah - and is generally popular with teens, preteens, and dirty old men. She follows the Britney Spears model of success via dressing like a burlesque queen, prancing around on stage like a stripper, and counting on the visual distraction and autotune to mask any gaps in talent. She hops from one leftist activist cause to another based either on the latest movie she has seen or what is currently popular on social media. In summary: she looks like jailbait but isn't and would be quite attractive if she would just shut her piehole but won't.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 23 May 2017, 07:01
Conquer Life.

Crystal ball says: This attack will in some way be used by said singer to further a personal agenda predicated on a poor understanding of islamic extremism.

“Now from a distance I look back on what the Corps taught me: To think like men of action, and to act like men of thought! To live life with intensity, and a passion for excellence.” - Jim Mattis
Old 23 May 2017, 07:53
Authorized Personnel

I don't see who the singer was makes any difference as to what has happened, could of been anybody.

There are many grieving family's.
Old 23 May 2017, 08:04
Confirmed User

RIP to the victims and the families of those who lost loved ones. The sick, perverted bastards who perpetrated this need to be publicly executed.

I guess Saudi Arabia's new 'Terrorist Monitoring Center' didn't see this coming....
Old 23 May 2017, 08:11
Old Scroll

Targeting an Grande concert is to intentionally target young girls. More splash for the bang. This is just plain terror stripped down to its most base version yet.

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab
Old 23 May 2017, 08:13
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole crusty bastard View Post
I don't see who the singer was makes any difference as to what has happened, could of been anybody.

If you consider how the British Muslim population sympathetic to ISIS views women and proper female behavior, I can see how that specific performance would be a target for them. Add in that a lot of that singer's fan base is composed of youngsters, and the terrorists' logic that dead children get more emotional reaction out of a terrorist attack, and I can definitely see why the bad guys would choose to attack where they did instead of an Irish Rovers concert. Still, those who committed this act as well as their active and passive supporters need to die a quick and unnoticed death, including the spineless politicians who enabled the situation.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 23 May 2017, 08:17
Administrator

Those of you who think this thread is your opportunity to try and score cheap political points, need to chill out.

People have lost children or a brother or sister or maybe a parent.

Get some perspective and act like an adult please.
Old 23 May 2017, 08:22
The Sagacious One

deleted
Old 23 May 2017, 08:38
Conquer Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole crusty bastard View Post

You are right. I'm sorry for my tone this morning. That was childish of me to attack a person who had nothing to do with the incident, based solely on a one-time comment.

I hope that the families affected by this find comfort. And I hope that somehow, this nonsense stops.

Old 23 May 2017, 09:18
Authorized Personnel

RIP to the victims and my thoughts are with the families. They just named an 8 year old little girl as one of the victims. Fuck the cowards to that did this.
Old 23 May 2017, 09:32
Reverse Apache Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19MIKE View Post

I guess Saudi Arabia's new 'Terrorist Monitoring Center' didn't see this coming....
Like virtually all the other incidents, the attacker was "known to authorities" prior to the attack.

Quote:
CBS News confirmed Tuesday that the man who blew himself up the previous night at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England, was 23-year-old Salman Abedi, who was known to British authorities prior to the attack.

Giving the enemy a boner is half the battle. --Jungle Recon
Old 23 May 2017, 10:17
Administrator

What should happen now:

Trump: "Finish It."

Mattis: "Roger."

RIP to the victims. Fucking animals.
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.