Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 26 May 2017, 21:49
Very Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keganswar View Post
I am pissed off that the media narrative after this attack that killed children is "this is the new normal". But some GOP guy choke slams a reporter and that sort of violence in unacceptable. We are so fucked as a race.
There are so many great posts in this thread.

This is the least eloquent, no disrespect, but the most clear...
We are so fucked. The train is going 100mph and there is a sharp curve coming up fast.

The crowd response elements in this thread are great too. If you find yourself in a situation like that it's important to think before you act, you're going to be making life or death decisions in a high stress scenario amongst innocent people. A little different than making high stress decisions in the company of a direct threat or enemy.

Unfortunately, I estimate 75% of the populace feels safe, and that it won't be them, or that we should kumbaya... further, 75% of them here at home are completely null to that idea, and will be reactive to these incidents when they arrive here instead of proactive. Make no mistake, these kinds of attacks are going to happen in your own backyard very soon, and they have been already.

Situational awareness is as elusive as common sense in our society.
Old 26 May 2017, 21:55
Very Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by grog18b View Post
Terrorism is not criminal behavior to them. It is a way of life. Drunk drivers kill people, so do serial killers, and homicidal maniacs... None of them are terrorists, or Jihadis. We are talking about a group of people who's sole aim is to destroy our society. It is not the goal of the criminal or drunk driver to destroy America from within. Nor is it accidental when two jumbo jets fly into buildings in NYC. It is not an attack on our way of life when a drunk driver or an old dude drives into a crowd of kids and kills some.

Islam is a way of life, and sure, not all Muslims are bad... but... not all Muslims are good either. I guess when the Amish start blowing up shopping malls, I might see this as something as other than Jihad. When Jehovah's witnesses start hijacking planes and flying them into mosques, well, I might see it as something other than Jihad. Islam is a way of life, not a race. People like to compare it to a race, and call everyone who sees that gorilla a bigot or racist or something. One word, bullshit. I see these attacks for what they are, Islam attacking the west, and western society. Once again, holy war. As much as people hate the term, the Islamics don't hate it. They embrace it. Jihad. Their war is not against a race either. It is not entirely against Christians or Jews either. It is against western society, of which we are all members, regardless of our race, color, creed, class, or religion.

I refuse to use the term "radicalized" anything, because that too is bullshit. You have people that are willing to strap bombs to themselves, and people who are willing to finance and/or support those people. Both are just as much terrorists as the other. Islam, and the belief system, as well as Sharia law, are not compatible with western values and beliefs, period. You cannot deal with a group of people that see you as the enemy, regardless of your feelings toward them. They want to destroy America, and the other nations that have similar values. It is that simple.
Hammer, meet nail.
Old 27 May 2017, 00:14
Confirmed User

According to the news, Salman Abedi was a 16-year-old freedom fighter in Libya 2011. News also says his father is/was al Qaeda and is a fan of Nusra front whilst Salman and his younger brother are ISIS. Father and sons must've had some screaming matches at the dinner table.
Old 27 May 2017, 00:26
Confirmed User

Never mind
Old 27 May 2017, 11:38
Confirmed User

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/2-peo...-031928013.htm

Speaking of situational awareness, or lack thereof.watch your fucking back at all times. l
Old 28 May 2017, 14:57
Authorized Personnel

23,000 Jihadis living in the UK....

http://hotair (dot) com/archives/2017/05/27/23000-jihadists-living-britain/

23,000 "potential attackers" living in the country.... I'd say they are doing well invading for not having a standing navy.....
Old 3 June 2017, 18:30
Confirmed User

London Bridge

Looks like the vehicle attack method again on the London Bridge. No word of casualties or the perpatrator yet. Armed police are in the area and the bridge has been closed off.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/lo...people-n767966

Last edited by CAVmedic; 3 June 2017 at 18:54.
Old 3 June 2017, 18:51
Confirmed User

Word of stabbings following the vehicle attack. One in custody, eyewitnesses report police shooting somebody.
Old 3 June 2017, 18:53
Authorized Personnel

Knives and vehicle attacks require very little training or planning of any kind. There will be more of these in the future.
Old 3 June 2017, 18:55
Confirmed User

Third attack in Voxhall? neighborhood now. Many police and EMS on the scene. Hope there's no bomb. Still nothing on injuries.
Old 4 June 2017, 03:43
Ne Obliviscaris

6 dead and 48 injured. The 3 "attackers" all got smoked by the police.
https://www.google.com.mt/amp/www.te...ts-killed/amp/
Old 5 June 2017, 01:45
Confirmed User

Police, or SAS?
Old 5 June 2017, 11:07
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison View Post
Police, or SAS?
Police. No way the SAS could have got there to stop an ongoing action, nor could the national leadership have gotten through the MSCA authorities in time.
Old 7 June 2017, 17:31
Confirmed User

Cops taking Jihads down in London.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4582194/Video-shows-moment-London-Bridge-terrorists-shot-police.html#v-5825671949406679441

Our new posting rules