Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Movies and TV

Old 23 September 2017, 22:31
Been There Done That

Shot Caller

Just watched this one tonight and really enjoyed it.

The movie plot is solid and shows how sometimes things really don't, in any way, go as they should but just run their course.

Quote:
A newly released prison gangster is forced by the leaders of his gang to orchestrate a major crime with a brutal rival gang on the streets of Southern California.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4633690/

The acting was solid, some good moments, and the ending was for the books.

7/10.

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Old 24 October 2017, 19:19
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Good movie, in many respects. One thing that left me shaking my head though was the young kid who had the guns smuggled back from Afghanistan, enlisting the aid of some contractors he met.

How the hell did this kid expect to guarantee that they'd hold up their end of the deal, and not just take all the weapons for themselves? Also, they're going to put themselves on the hook for a massive weapons smuggling beef all for the super low price of 100 AKs, out of the 1100 they are bringing back?

Sorry, just struck me as a little far fetched. But it advanced the plot of his mission on the outside, and it is only a movie after all.
Old 18 November 2017, 23:05
Midgetologist

Good movie, now on prime.
Old 20 November 2017, 22:43
Been There Done That

Solid movie. Worth a view - many lessons in this movie.

The first one being: do not drink and drive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 20 November 2017, 23:03
Life is simple, not easy.

I am going to check this out because of the lead actor, whom I like. He was good in a very good Norwegian(?) subtitled film where he was an assassin that someone on SOCNET recommend. I think it was KidA maybe.

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau of Game of Thrones (Jaime Lannister), who when I watched the first 2 years of GOT after reading 5 very long books was one of my favorite characters, is in the lead here.

In my Amazon queue.

Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!

"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
William Tecumseh Sherman

Our new posting rules