SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Naval Special Warfare > Navy SEALs

Old 6 September 2018, 00:01

Dan Licardo

Good evening,
My apologies for generating two posts in one day. Unfortunately, after writing my previous thread about my UDT RFI, I was informed that Dan Licardo was in a substantial automobile accident. I recently met Dan while I lived in the DFW area late last year and took a private shooting class before moving back to CO. My best friend worked with him at a new local range and introduced us. I didn't get a ton of opportunities to hang out with him but had a great time in the short amount that I did. I don't know his whole story but I believe he spent nearly two decades with the Teams and shot South to Texas to help create a new/dynamic range.

My friend called me today and let me know that Dan was care-flighted to the local hospital and at the time, was on his death bed. I will avoid inserting some of the details of his current state but as of an hour ago, his chance of survival is looking very positive. Unfortunately he will face several challenges with his recovery and path forward. My friend who just left the hospital mentioned that his friends/former Teammates/and supporting members of the community have flown in/drove in to lend a helping hand. It is amazing to see the community respond when a friend is in need. I don't know many details and I'm trying to respect the situation but I wanted to ensure I spread the word and I believe this forum is one of the best places to accomplish that. Related, there is a current GoFundMe effort underway to support Dan. I personally don't know how best to help other then just being there for a friend and fellow service member and ensuring he knows that there is a wave of support there and at the ready.

Fundraiser by Tina Godfrey Hurley: https://www.gofundme.com/dan-licardo-needs-our-help

Vr,
Z
Old 20 September 2018, 13:52
Confirmed User

Another resource to help out Dan:
https://www.bullzerk.com/products/stay-strong-dan-licardo-olive?variant=12277585477707

Our new posting rules