Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #12561  
Old 12 July 2018, 15:45
Sharky's Avatar
Sharky Sharky is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: SOCNET
Posts: 19,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELF67 View Post
When I was at Ft. Campbell I don't recall any names on the baracks. But yes our nickname was that.
Hello, Mr. Graham. Nice try. You have already been removed from this forum once for being less than forthright about your history at 1/75. Now, you attempt to come back again under a different Username. We have been doing this since 1996, so you aren't the first, or even the 101st (Pun intended) to try this.

Buckle Up, Buttercup.
__________________
I was born my papa's son
When I hit the ground I was on the run
I had one glad hand and the other behind
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Reply With Quote
  #12562  
Old 12 July 2018, 16:39
Mingo Kane's Avatar
Mingo Kane Mingo Kane is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,980
BAM
Reply With Quote
  #12563  
Old 12 July 2018, 21:36
RGR.Montcalm's Avatar
RGR.Montcalm RGR.Montcalm is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Clearing fields of fire
Posts: 10,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELF67 View Post
When I was at Ft. Campbell I don't recall any names on the baracks.
The stupid was strong in this one...
__________________
Shallow men believe in luck; strong men believe in cause and effect
Reply With Quote
  #12564  
Old 12 July 2018, 22:00
1RiserSlip's Avatar
1RiserSlip 1RiserSlip is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: W. Slope of Big Sewell Mtn.
Posts: 3,831
He obviously hasn't watched Band of Brothers or he could have maybe faked it a little longer. Mandatory viewing for any Military minded person.
__________________
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Reply With Quote
  #12565  
Old 13 July 2018, 04:51
Expatmedic's Avatar
Expatmedic Expatmedic is online now
Anesthetized User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Loompa Land
Posts: 3,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Hello, Mr. Graham. Nice try. You have already been removed from this forum once for being less than forthright about your history at 1/75. Now, you attempt to come back again under a different Username. We have been doing this since 1996, so you aren't the first, or even the 101st (Pun intended) to try this.

Buckle Up, Buttercup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR.Montcalm View Post
The stupid was strong in this one...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
He obviously hasn't watched Band of Brothers or he could have maybe faked it a little longer. Mandatory viewing for any Military minded person.
We have a How Not To Post thread that has zero activity in three years.

We need a Do Not Be This Guy thread.

__________________
Support SOCNET.

Winter is here again oh Lord,
Haven't been home in a year or more
I hope she holds on a little longer
Sent a letter on a long summer day
Made of silver, not of clay
I've been runnin' down this dusty road

I've been trying to make it home
Got to make it before too long
I can't take this very much longer
I'm stranded in the sleet and rain
Don't think I'm ever gonna make it home again.
Reply With Quote
  #12566  
Old 14 July 2018, 19:08
slow_zo6 slow_zo6 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: WV
Posts: 1
Intro

Hey all!

Hopefully this is the appropriate spot for my first post.
Cliff notes:
-11B with a decade in.
-out for a couple years now
-Ive been working various security jobs since Ive been out and I was referred to this site by a co-worker whos done a few contracting gigs downrange.
Im currently talking to a recruiter about a job in Afghanistan. Just put in for my passport so Im at a standstill for a few weeks.
Reply With Quote
  #12567  
Old 15 July 2018, 19:47
motetzdam motetzdam is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Rogersville, tn
Posts: 1
Hello all

I was not privileged to have served in the military. However, I work with a lot of retired military that suffer from various illnesses. I was hoping by joining I can learn more and assist them better.
Reply With Quote
  #12568  
Old 15 July 2018, 19:49
RGR.Montcalm's Avatar
RGR.Montcalm RGR.Montcalm is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Clearing fields of fire
Posts: 10,911
Welcome!
__________________
Shallow men believe in luck; strong men believe in cause and effect
Reply With Quote
  #12569  
Old 16 July 2018, 08:40
skateboardP skateboardP is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: VA
Posts: 3
New to the Contracting world

Hey everyone, I'm a recently cleared DoD contractor working on 'road warrior' gigs. Thinking of so warzone gigs. Any info/advice is appreciated!
Reply With Quote
  #12570  
Old 16 July 2018, 13:31
DgrahamIII DgrahamIII is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Kingsland GA
Posts: 3
First Post

ALCON,
My name is DXXXX GXXXXX III and I am a retired Airdale for the US NAVY 1981-2001. I am married (35 years) to my lovely wife JXX AXXX with 2 kids and 3 G-kids.
Currently living in Georgia.

I am writing and requesting help? My Brother has claimed that he was a Navy Seal from 1986-1991. He said he graduated from Buds in 1986. I am trying to find out how I go about locating his buds class number or any record that proves he was a Navy Seal. It will break my heart if he is Stolen Valor! We grew up in a military family and it is in our blood. Our step father (Everett L Harvell) was 5th ranger battalion and Delta in Viet Nam and was awarded the Bronze star. Our Biological father (DXXXXX WXXXX GXXXXXXX JR) was in 3rd infantry and did 3 tours in Viet Nam and was awarded the Bronze Star and 3 Purple Hearts. I was content working in the aviation community. My brothers Name is GXXXXX BXXXX GXXXXXXX. He states his buds class was 1986. He also stated he can't remember his class number.( Red Flag) that is what has got me suspicious.

In advance thanks for the help?
DXXXXX GXXXXX
Just trying to find out the Truth!

MOD EDIT: PERSEC

Last edited by RGR.Montcalm; 16 July 2018 at 14:37. Reason: MOD EDIT: PERSEC
Reply With Quote
  #12571  
Old 16 July 2018, 13:35
DgrahamIII DgrahamIII is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Kingsland GA
Posts: 3
Oh and by the way I am not the Mr. GXXXXXX From 1999. That guys sounds like a clown.

Last edited by RGR.Montcalm; 16 July 2018 at 14:40.
Reply With Quote
  #12572  
Old 16 July 2018, 14:40
RGR.Montcalm's Avatar
RGR.Montcalm RGR.Montcalm is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Clearing fields of fire
Posts: 10,911
Sir,

I edited your post due to Personal Security issues; please go to the SEAL Forum and contact one of the Moderators after you've read the 'stickies'. You can find the Moderator's screen name at the bottom of the forum by scrolling down when you open the forum.

Good luck in your search for the truth.

RGR.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by DgrahamIII View Post
ALCON,
My name is DXXXX GXXXXX III and I am a retired Airdale for the US NAVY 1981-2001. I am married (35 years) to my lovely wife JXX AXXX with 2 kids and 3 G-kids.
Currently living in Georgia.

I am writing and requesting help? My Brother has claimed that he was a Navy Seal from 1986-1991. He said he graduated from Buds in 1986. I am trying to find out how I go about locating his buds class number or any record that proves he was a Navy Seal. It will break my heart if he is Stolen Valor! We grew up in a military family and it is in our blood. Our step father (Everett L Harvell) was 5th ranger battalion and Delta in Viet Nam and was awarded the Bronze star. Our Biological father (DXXXXX WXXXX GXXXXXXX JR) was in 3rd infantry and did 3 tours in Viet Nam and was awarded the Bronze Star and 3 Purple Hearts. I was content working in the aviation community. My brothers Name is GXXXXX BXXXX GXXXXXXX. He states his buds class was 1986. He also stated he can't remember his class number.( Red Flag) that is what has got me suspicious.

In advance thanks for the help?
DXXXXX GXXXXX
Just trying to find out the Truth!

MOD EDIT: PERSEC
Quote:
Originally Posted by DgrahamIII View Post
Oh and by the way I am not the Mr. Graham From 1999. That guys sounds like a clown.
__________________
Shallow men believe in luck; strong men believe in cause and effect
Reply With Quote
  #12573  
Old 17 July 2018, 15:36
DgrahamIII DgrahamIII is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Kingsland GA
Posts: 3
My Apologies,

I appreciate you editing my post. The last thing I want to be is a security Risk (OPSEC and All) . I Took your advice and went to seal forum and requested help.
Thanks for the direction.

DGIII
Reply With Quote
  #12574  
Old 18 July 2018, 09:51
Fish3069 Fish3069 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 4
Hello, I've been around a bit, but don't know if I ever did an intro.

I was an 11B in 1st BN 93-96, then PA in 1st 07-13, RSTB 13-15, RHQ 15-16. I'm now a medical student at Texas A&M.
Reply With Quote
  #12575  
Old 18 July 2018, 09:59
Old_Starlight's Avatar
Old_Starlight Old_Starlight is offline
Awaiting the Terrologist?
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 2,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish3069 View Post
Hello, I've been around a bit, but don't know if I ever did an intro.

I was an 11B in 1st BN 93-96, then PA in 1st 07-13, RSTB 13-15, RHQ 15-16. I'm now a medical student at Texas A&M.
Welcome back! I hope you don't hold it against me.

Cheers,
__________________
AJ sends.


On the 11th Hour of the 11th Day of the 11th Month, we will remember them.

Lest We Forget.
Reply With Quote
  #12576  
Old 18 July 2018, 10:08
Fish3069 Fish3069 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 4
It's good to be back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Starlight View Post
Welcome back! I hope you don't hold it against me.

Cheers,
Reply With Quote
  #12577  
Old 18 July 2018, 10:49
Sharky's Avatar
Sharky Sharky is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: SOCNET
Posts: 19,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish3069 View Post
Hello, I've been around a bit, but don't know if I ever did an intro.

I was an 11B in 1st BN 93-96, then PA in 1st 07-13, RSTB 13-15, RHQ 15-16. I'm now a medical student at Texas A&M.


Welcome home.
__________________
I was born my papa's son
When I hit the ground I was on the run
I had one glad hand and the other behind
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Reply With Quote
  #12578  
Old 18 July 2018, 11:10
Mingo Kane's Avatar
Mingo Kane Mingo Kane is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish3069 View Post
Hello, I've been around a bit, but don't know if I ever did an intro.

I was an 11B in 1st BN 93-96, then PA in 1st 07-13, RSTB 13-15, RHQ 15-16. I'm now a medical student at Texas A&M.
Welcome back 1st Batt Brother...
Reply With Quote
  #12579  
Old Today, 12:32
CavScout1 CavScout1 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Florida
Posts: 2
Former army cav scout checking to see if step father was a actual navy seal I believe he was in the navy but no proof that he was a seal.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Our new posting rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 15:40.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved
SOCNET