SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 29 December 2019, 17:02
Clorox bearer for SOTB

https://www.facebook.com/DiamondandS...A2ODc1MTIxNzg/
Directly supports this thread...

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Old 29 December 2019, 20:57
Legal Immigrant

Social media is still media, so the use of it to suit partisan purposes shouldn't be a surprise.

I'm sure it goes both ways too.
Old 30 December 2019, 02:51
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by chokeu2 View Post
And lets not forget that Adobe has software in beta that can mimic a persons voice, and are close to beta on software that can make video of your face and voice.

We are now in a age where technology can completely make a person into another person with pics, video and audio. An entirely new level of identity and reputation manipulation is here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjI-JaRWG7s
Old 2 January 2020, 08:39

I have been following Rand Waltzman - Deputy Chief Technology Officer - RAND Corporation....his insights into a lot of this is really interesting. If you add him on LinkedIn he posts a lot of his work.
Old 2 January 2020, 11:44
Confirmed User

I think it's only going to get worse. I'm still rather stunned at foreign actors using the Last Jedi as a topic or even to stoke more division and drama around.

https://www.wired.com/story/star-war...-trolls-study/

That movie still was lackluster to crap to me, but seizing on that is just bizarre.
Old 2 January 2020, 11:53
Been There Done That

The enemy is us, there isn't a bot or Russian troll that is getting anywhere w/o serving the interest of some disaffected group or another. I just saw an article titled something like, "how the left destroyed blackwater" complete with interviews describing the conspiracy to defrock the most patriotic and effective fighters the world ever produced. No end to the left or right boogeymen in sight.
Old 5 January 2020, 07:06
been ***** **** that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xdeth View Post
The enemy is us, there isn't a bot or Russian troll that is getting anywhere w/o serving the interest of some disaffected group or another. I just saw an article titled something like, "how the left destroyed blackwater" complete with interviews describing the conspiracy to defrock the most patriotic and effective fighters the world ever produced. No end to the left or right boogeymen in sight.
It appears there are some tumultuous protests in the offing....what a bunch of crybabies with nothing better to do...and Colin K. is jumping on the activist bandwagon again!

Our new posting rules