SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 17 May 2019, 16:16
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
It just sucks.
Indeed it does. Good on you, now keep her chin up.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 17 May 2019, 16:33
Been There Done That

I will keep your sister in my prayers . It is brutal to see loved ones suffer! Hang tough!
Old 18 May 2019, 22:08
Never to old to learn

Spending over 12 hours in the emergency room

18 May 2019 at about 0315 hrs. my time (CA) went to hell, as some you know I have posted, about my wife’s health. She got up an went to the bathroom and was returning to bed. Not sure what or how it happened but she slipped and went down. Hitting her head. I am up in a flash to find her on the floor, with blood all over everywhere. Called 911 for help. The paramedic took her to the emergency room. With me close behind. Seven (7) stiches later and CT Scan a concussion and small or bruising/bleeding showing up. So, for the next 12 hours we stayed in the emergency room. 99% of the nurses were great, I survived on Black coffee. That they got for me And what ever else I could talk the nurses to get for me. Being a weekend, they were shorthanded. Due to the fact that she had some small bleeding in her brain area, we had to wait 12 hours before they would do another CT scan, to see it the bleeding got larger or stated the same or smaller.
Had one Nurse that was the head nurse that was giving me a little problem on the wife’s care. I dialed a number of someone I know. Knew I would a recording. I waited until she walked by and I stated Her name is Shera (NOT HER NAME) she looked at me and kept walking. A little bit later another individual came up to me asked me some questions about my wife. I stated I can sign any papers for her care. Dam things changed fast. Several of the other nurses came by and gave me a smile.
After the weight period that was required for another CT Scan, which came back looking good. The Doctor stated She could go home, he asked are you taken her home I looked at him and said no, she will be transported home by and ambulance.

AS I WAS LEAVING, I noticed a vehicle next to my truck. With licenses plate frame 82nd & 101st AB on it, the licenses read Swartz??

I get up every TWO hrs to check on my wife, to make sure she is ok.
Old 18 May 2019, 22:19
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman43 View Post
I get up every TWO hrs to check on my wife, to make sure she is ok.
I admire your dedication.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 18 May 2019, 23:33
Been There Done That

Wish I could give you a breather, Wildman. Hope both you and your wife can get some much needed rest.
Old 19 May 2019, 07:17
The Sagacious One

Motherfucker , I hate tourists. Everything about them, from their way too big Carry ons to their whiney kids as hey drag all.of their shit across everyone's face getting to the back of the plane. Don't forget they all have to stop midstream in the aisle to check their seat number. Goddamn, I hate them all.

#getoffthelawn
Old 19 May 2019, 07:32
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
Motherfucker , I hate tourists. Everything about them, from their way too big Carry ons to their whiney kids as hey drag all.of their shit across everyone's face getting to the back of the plane. Don't forget they all have to stop midstream in the aisle to check their seat number. Goddamn, I hate them all.

#getoffthelawn
And don't forget once they get seated, and their pasty white gelatin-like flesh is finally squished between the arm rests (leaving you no room). And then, the self-serving fuckers have the audacity to kick off their shoes to air out those porky feet. It outa be legal to choke them out.
Old 19 May 2019, 11:36
Been There Done That

Try living in the vicinity of a tourist town. There's a reason the locals all seem to go elsewhere - and usually not a traditional tourist area - during tourist season.
Old 19 May 2019, 12:26
Confirmed User

Going to water the lawn of a service members house, who is overseas in Japan, and the neighbor is tapping off their water spicket to water their own lawn.
Left a note explaining theft, trespassing and owner is an O4 Jag in A/F.
Old 19 May 2019, 13:37
In Vino Veritas

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstshirt View Post
Try living in the vicinity of a tourist town. There's a reason the locals all seem to go elsewhere - and usually not a traditional tourist area - during tourist season.
Soooo the people who hate tourists go somewhere to be tourists

Everyone is a tourists somewhere at sometime. Or you’re just a crotchety old ne’re-do-well who doesn’t want to experience anything new. They are just trying to experience a place some of you live. And what’s TFG bitching about? He lives in a place no one would want to visit. Gavin must have been badmouthing .45 GAP again...
Old 19 May 2019, 14:41
Never to old to learn

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Going to water the lawn of a service members house, who is overseas in Japan, and the neighbor is tapping off their water spicket to water their own lawn.
Left a note explaining theft, trespassing and owner is an O4 Jag in A/F.
Check your local hardware/ pluming store an see if they have a cover that can go over the water specking an be locked.

Last edited by wildman43; 19 May 2019 at 14:42. Reason: wording/spelling
Old 19 May 2019, 14:49
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
Soooo the people who hate tourists go somewhere to be tourists

Everyone is a tourists somewhere at sometime. Or you’re just a crotchety old ne’re-do-well who doesn’t want to experience anything new. They are just trying to experience a place some of you live. And what’s TFG bitching about? He lives in a place no one would want to visit. Gavin must have been badmouthing .45 GAP again...
If you live in a place no one comes to visit as a tourist, ask yourself then why are you living in a shithole.
Old 19 May 2019, 15:50
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman43 View Post
Check your local hardware/ pluming store an see if they have a cover that can go over the water specking an be locked.
Will do. Its amazing what some people will do to save a buck... Hopefully it is a misunderstanding? Its a new housing development, and maybe they were thinking they were using builders water, J/K.... They knew what they were doing
Old 19 May 2019, 16:26
Been There Done That

Tourists can get on one's nerves. I lived at the Western gateway to RMNP for many years. Small , quaint , mountain town of about 400 people back then. Fourth of July it would swell to over 50,000. We would usually pack the horses with chow and beer and haul ass up to Blue Lake in the Never Summers. Fireworks at 11,300 feet were pretty cool.
Old 19 May 2019, 16:29
Another pool cleaner

My middle one started a job as a dishwasher/wait staff/cleaner at a restaurant.

He already hates whiny shitheads.

One dickhead family wanted to know what kind of cows and where the ice cream was made in a condescending tone.
Old 19 May 2019, 16:34
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8654maine View Post

One dickhead family wanted to know what kind of cows and where the ice cream was made in a condescending tone.
Your middle one will either become patient like Job, or have to spend the rest of their lives quelling the throat punch like me. I would wait tables , bar tend and dive for pearls when work was slow in a tourist town. The Gay community loved me and would crowd my bar on Monday nights, it was entertaining!
Old 19 May 2019, 17:56
Never to old to learn

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8654maine View Post

Dishwasher dam that's a new name use to called a Peral driver: biggrin: that how I made spending money
Old 19 May 2019, 19:26
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
If you live in a place no one comes to visit as a tourist, ask yourself then why are you living in a shithole.
So says the man from Indiana,
Old 19 May 2019, 19:37
Shakin' the bush Boss

Says the man from Nebraska. Kettle, this is pot, over......
Old 19 May 2019, 19:41
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
Says the man from Nebraska. Kettle, this is pot, over......
hahaha, You mean God's country

Our new posting rules