SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 12 December 2018, 19:30
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofear View Post
Fosters tastes like...well.....everything that tastes horrible on the planet, that is thrown into a vat, fermented, and then strained through an 80-year-old male's sweaty underpants.

Corona has been my go-to brew since 2003.
This, my friends, is why there are so many different kinds of beer. I like Fosters Premium Ale (in the big-ass oil-cans), but would rather abstain than drink a Corona (or anything else in clear or green glass-- Unless beer's in brown glass or a can, they always leave an aftertaste that gets me wondering if I'm too drunk to remember fellating a skunk).

Mexico's got plenty of acceptable lagers, but I say Corona ain't one. Which is what the lime is for-- to keep the flies out of your beer, because even flies know that Corona tastes like shit.
Old 12 December 2018, 21:33
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-rgr View Post
Which is what the lime is for-- to keep the flies out of your beer, because even flies know that Corona tastes like shit.
I do admit to not understanding why people put Lemon or Lime in Corona. Not something I do.
Old 13 December 2018, 12:31
Confirmed User

Hefeweizen. Several brewers have made great ones, but they MUST be fresh off the boat from Germany. The Americanized versions pale in comparison. If there isn't that fermented sludge at the bottom of the bottle, no thanks. Maisel's was my favorite, but no stores carry it near me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Maisel's.jpg (6.9 KB, 35 views)

“To look around at what you have accomplished in a day gives a man a good feeling. Too many men work on parts of things. Doing a job to completion satisfies me.”- Richard Proenneke

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful."-KJV

Our new posting rules