SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Areas of Expertise > Medical

Old 6 December 2018, 07:20
Verified SOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong View Post
Orthotics might not be the answer. What orthotics will do is cure the symptoms but the best thing to do is to see if you can find what is causing the issue in the first place.
That's a fact, plus I think one of the problems is I do treatment until just a few months and it no longer hurts.. that turns to a year or two, and then back to square one... when the pain just came back I had just started to wear a new pair boots...
Old 7 December 2018, 11:45
BTDT

Vitamin D Cured Me

I've done just about everything. Podiatrist - therapy, orthotics, stretching, shots every 6 months - for 5 years.

Vitamin D cured me. High quality Vitamin D, 2000 IU per day for 2 weeks. My pain went away after about 8 or 10 days.

Then I reduced it to 1000 IU per day. I've been cured for about 2 years.
Old 7 December 2018, 12:22
Confirmed User

Plantar Fasciitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Fiddy View Post
...Vitamin D cured me. High quality Vitamin D, 2000 IU per day for 2 weeks. My pain went away after about 8 or 10 days...
I find that Vitamin P helps me!
Old 7 December 2018, 13:43
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Fiddy View Post
I've done just about everything. Podiatrist - therapy, orthotics, stretching, shots every 6 months - for 5 years.

Vitamin D cured me. High quality Vitamin D, 2000 IU per day for 2 weeks. My pain went away after about 8 or 10 days.

Then I reduced it to 1000 IU per day. I've been cured for about 2 years.
What got you to try that? That's interesting, would have never thought about that.

Did you have your Vitamin D tested before you started to try it?

Winston Churchill

Put a small child in a playpen with an apple and a bunny. If s/he eats the apple and plays with the bunny, s/he's normal;but if s/he eats the bunny and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. Somewhere along the line we must have been TAUGHT to do the wrong thing.

Maynard James Keenan
Old 7 December 2018, 17:44
BTDT

who prompted me to try this???

I got the idea from my wife. She read an article, told me about it, and it seemed worth a try.

I didn't have it tested before I tried it. I went to a local compounding pharmacy, which carries a lot of high quality vitamins, etc. and just went with what they had in stock.

I use Ortho Molecular Products brand
Vitamin D, 5000 IU

(5,000 IU is a correction from my earlier post)

I took two (10,000 IU) for about 2 weeks, then reduced to one per day (5,000 IU) as my maintenance dosage.
Old 7 December 2018, 17:56
Confirmed User

^That's cool that worked out for you. Something I've never heard of and would've never thought of. Will hopefully remember that if I know someone who gets it.

Winston Churchill

Put a small child in a playpen with an apple and a bunny. If s/he eats the apple and plays with the bunny, s/he's normal;but if s/he eats the bunny and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. Somewhere along the line we must have been TAUGHT to do the wrong thing.

Maynard James Keenan
Old 14 December 2018, 16:25
Going cyclic!!

I had it bad. I got a thing that kind of stretches your foot while you sleep. Kind of uncomfortable at first, but after about 2 months I've had no problems since, and that 2 years ago.
Old 19 December 2018, 01:22
Confirmed User

I have had plantar fasciitis off and on for a while, and it came back when I began to walk long distances after not being on my feet for quite some time. The Athletic Trainer at my work gave me stretching exercises which really help. The two basic ones I use are to sit in a chair with your leg crossed, and first pull down on the toes to stretch the muscles of the front of the calf. The next stretch pull up on the toes until you can feel your tendons in the bottom of the foot. Hold each stretch for 30 seconds. I will try to get the stretches photographed so you can see them. Tennis balls work well, and there are devices made by sports equipment manufacturers that provide relief as well. Usually warming up and exercising makes the pain from plantar fasciitis lessen or disappear unless it is a really bad case. Sleeping or anything that causes the fascia to contract and stiffen makes it worse. Fortunately mine is gone for now...
Old 20 December 2018, 17:25

They key for getting rid of it for me was to buy custom made hard orthotics. It's entirely counter-intuitive to think wearing a hard plastic insert will help pain in the heel...but it was like a miracle. Been wearing them every since and have had zero issues with PF since. FWIW.
Old 21 December 2018, 04:01
Confirmed User

Didn't want to repeat myself.

Winston Churchill

Maynard James Keenan

Our new posting rules