Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Areas of Expertise > FAC's, JTAC's and Fire Support

Old 30 December 2011, 19:38
Been There Done That

UNCLASS Downloadable "Call for Fire"?

Is there a download, easily available, for laptops that does simulation for CAS and IDF? Thanks.
Old 30 December 2011, 21:16
Been There Done That

Are you looking for just a 9 line & call for fire procedures or something similar to the old GuardFIST?
Old 30 December 2011, 21:25
Been There Done That

Really just anything that simulates it as close as can be, I heard the GuardFIST was actually pretty good. Any suggestions or POCs to get discs or downloads would be great.
Old 31 December 2011, 13:26
Marine

Looking to see if I can find a copy of FOPCSIM anywhere. It was the Marine Corps' downloadable simulation program a few years back, supposedly you could get copies for personal computers.
"This is how it is when the war machine rolls back and forth. You take your pleasure where you can and when you can, and let the circumstances be damned. For tomorrow you may be somewhere else." - Cass

"I understand all of the words you used, but I don't know what you just said." - Gen. Hagee speaking to the MEU S-3
Old 31 December 2011, 14:01
Marine

This is the only link I could find to download FOPCSIM. It requires a CAC card to access. I'd download and rehost, but our bandwidth is horrible out here.

https://firescoe.sill.army.mil/FA/13...Sim_2_1_14.zip
"This is how it is when the war machine rolls back and forth. You take your pleasure where you can and when you can, and let the circumstances be damned. For tomorrow you may be somewhere else." - Cass

"I understand all of the words you used, but I don't know what you just said." - Gen. Hagee speaking to the MEU S-3
Old 31 December 2011, 14:12
Red Headed Stepchild

Thanks VMI. Didn't know this was available.
Old 31 December 2011, 15:39
Been There Done That

Thanks VMI

Appreciate you taking the time, if anything else is out there, let me know!
Old 1 January 2012, 07:13
Marine

I don't know if that version of FOPCSim incorporates CAS or not, I don't believe that it does. The Marine Corps has largely moved on to using the Deployable Virtual Training Environment Suite, which uses the GENSIM and JSAF programs for Combined Arms Training. We've had a fair amount of success using DVTE to teach our Marines CAS and CFF while on float. We can simulated Type 1, 2, and 3 CAS, as well as schedules of fire and digital CAS. I don't think they've made either program available for download by the public, though

Our new posting rules