Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 25 June 2014, 10:02
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDVFrog View Post
I Have a rather unique military experience, I was a Navy FMF corpsman and went through BUD/s in 96' with Class 208, 18D in Bragg, and the rest of the pipeline. I served with SDVT-1 for almost four years until i got out in 2001. I Did a few deployments but nothing exciting. I have spent 12 years of my life after the service as a DMT/CHT working on Hyperbaric chambers in various regions from Hawaii, UAE to western Australia. I currently serve in The WI national guard. Guess I missed the feeling of being in uniform after many years away.

I am a little over trained for my guard duties but love it none the less. I look forward to sharing info and using this site to connect to others in the community.

Get over to the SEAL Forum and get vetted. Read the stickies first.
Old 25 June 2014, 14:37

Hey hows it going everyone? Just joined to be around the community I can no longer find in my day to day. It's kinda lonely out here.
Old 26 June 2014, 03:23

Hi all. Former Air Force SF. Currently am on track with TC to deploy to middle east August 4th as a FPO. My contract was suppose to start June 2 then July 7 now August. Hopefully they pull through with the August deployment as I have been patiently waiting :) Hope to meet some great people here. Anyways, thank you for kindly having me here.
Old 26 June 2014, 06:14
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathb4dishonor View Post
Hi all. Former Air Force SF. Currently am on track with TC to deploy to middle east August 4th as a FPO. My contract was suppose to start June 2 then July 7 now August. Hopefully they pull through with the August deployment as I have been patiently waiting :) Hope to meet some great people here. Anyways, thank you for kindly having me here.
"Former Air Force SF." By this you mean " former Air Force Security Forces correct? The term "SF" has a bit of a different meaning here.

Thanks.
Old 26 June 2014, 08:59

Djmk introduction

Hello. I am an attorney and Commander in the US Navy JAG Corps (Reserve component now). In addition to my weekend warrior work as the XO of a JAG unit that assists our sailors with a lot of legal issues I spend a great deal of time in my private law practice assisting vets, frequently at low or no cost.
Old 27 June 2014, 02:45
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djmk View Post
Hello. I am an attorney and Commander in the US Navy JAG Corps (Reserve component now). In addition to my weekend warrior work as the XO of a JAG unit that assists our sailors with a lot of legal issues I spend a great deal of time in my private law practice assisting vets, frequently at low or no cost.
Welcome!
Old 27 June 2014, 15:25

I'd like to thank everyone for having me abroad. I've spent the past few days thumbing through the threads and it seems that there is a wealth of knowledge to be had here. I just wish that I had looked into SOCNET years ago. Great site, great info. Cheers Gents.
Old 27 June 2014, 16:14

introduction

Hello Australian infantryman looking for civilian work in ccp and other such ventures and networking within these fields
Old 27 June 2014, 19:06

Been Active Duty enlisted in the Navy since 2010. I've been in the Helicopter community with H-60's all on the East Coast. I don't personally have any SOF experience but have plenty of respect for that community and gaining tons of knowledge just sitting back and reading through this site. Thanks for letting me on here.
Old 28 June 2014, 08:53

Introduction

Hi everyone, I'm new here and making my way into the SOF community. I was recently selected for continued training at CAAS and I am definitely excited for the Q to begin. I am currently 11C and definitely need a change from RA. I hope to gain a wealth of information and friends here at SOCNET.
Old 28 June 2014, 12:19
Cloud bursting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3211C View Post
Hi everyone, I'm new here and making my way into the SOF community. I was recently selected for continued training at CAAS and I am definitely excited for the Q to begin. I am currently 11C and definitely need a change from RA. I hope to gain a wealth of information and friends here at SOCNET.
Welcome to SOCNET, good luck at the CA Q course.

Be sure to check out the PSYOP/CA section of the forum.
Old 29 June 2014, 18:56

Introduction. Thank you!

Hello,

I just wanted thank the board for accepting my request to become a member on this site. I am a current Army Reservist 66F (CRNA). I joined this site because I have been offered a possible opportunity to become a member of a SORT (USASOC)but it would require me going AD and move to Fort Bragg. I do not know a lot about the life of a CRNA who is active duty. I also do not know a lot of about these teams also. So I came on here hoping a current CRNA who is AD, that would be able to tell me about the difference from civilian practice, pay, benefits vs. AD. Thank you again!
Old 29 June 2014, 19:29

Radio_Man

Hello all,

I am currently Active Duty Army, 25C Radio Operator/Maintainer. I joined in 2009, Volunteered for Airborne near the end of AIT. First duty assignment was in 5/73rd Recon Squadron, 3BCT, 82nd ABN. Then I re-enlisted in 2012 and now work within USASOC. I am also a proud Jumpmaster as of Aug 2013.

I am here to provide any help or information for the communications world and to learn more from this community.

Last edited by Radio_Man; 29 June 2014 at 19:34. Reason: Prematurly posted reply
Old 30 June 2014, 19:26

4 1/2 years active duty Army. Live on the west coast.
Old 2 July 2014, 08:19

First Post

Hello all,

I was active duty Navy from 1989 - 1994 (units listed below). The reason I joined this site was mostly just to browse and read interesting stories from men who I respect a great deal. Also I'm interested seeing how several SpecOps guys that I served with are doing after all of these years (most are not on social media and usually don't want to be found).

CBU 411 - Norfolk, VA
1st MEF - Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia
NSWDG - Dam Neck, VA
Old 2 July 2014, 08:39

Hello,

I was active duty USMC from 1976 through 1997, officer and enlisted. Thanks for letting me join. I was with 4th MEB in Desert Storm.
Old 2 July 2014, 11:57

Good day folks. I'm coming up on 9 years in the Coast Guard, currently working at counter narcotics in San Diego. Had the privlege to be trained by former Delta and Recon. Deployed all around the world and made myself as much of a jack of all trades that I could. Promised my wife I would get out and move on to do something in the civilian sector. Honored to be a part of this community. Hooyah.
Old 3 July 2014, 03:06
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdurtschi View Post
Good day folks. I'm coming up on 9 years in the Coast Guard, currently working at counter narcotics in San Diego. Had the privlege to be trained by former Delta and Recon. Deployed all around the world and made myself as much of a jack of all trades that I could. Promised my wife I would get out and move on to do something in the civilian sector. Honored to be a part of this community. Hooyah.
Tell her you're staying in- you have 11 years to retire with a pension. Then figure what you want to do as a civilian...
Old 3 July 2014, 14:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR.Montcalm View Post
"Former Air Force SF." By this you mean " former Air Force Security Forces correct? The term "SF" has a bit of a different meaning here.

Thanks.
Yes, SF meaning Security Forces for Air Force as the AF places PJ,CCT,SOWT,JTAC, TACP and SERE in the "Special Operations" category, not forces like Army, Navy etc do. Just "Operations" instead of "Forces". Not meaning for this to sound rude, just explaining why I wrote SF. Thank you though.
Old 3 July 2014, 15:17
Administrator

The point is that on this site, SF is only used to indicate Special Forces unless you're writing about a city in CA.

Thank you

Our new posting rules