Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 23 March 2017, 21:38
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel198 View Post
Hi everyone, I did five years Army Infantry with 101st 2/327 and 2nd ID 1/38. Glad to be here!
Welcome diesel. I was a Corporal in the 1/502 80-83 and 1SG of B 3/327 95-97.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 31 March 2017, 12:18
hippies beware

Good morning SOCNET,

OOC, here. Haven't been on in a while, so I thought I'd re-introduce myself.

USMC and USCG veteran. Short toured in the USMC due to medical, and spent 8 glorious years in the USCG doing a job I loved with an amazing group of true patriots. Left active duty in '04, worked for a few contracting companies overseas until coming home in '11 to hang up my spurs. I started a local security company in San Antonio, TX to watch it grow and sell it in 2015. I stayed on with the company that bought mine to watch them basically dismantle it. So, I am starting fresh from the ground up with a new company and a shit ton of lessons learned.

I'm also a police officer who enjoys pissing off copwatchers. I have two amazing boys ages 10 and 7, and am recently divorced after 15 yrs.

Cheers, boys!

OOC, out

"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain

"All that we see is perspective, not fact...All that we hear is opinion, not truth."
--Marcus Aurelius

"The time you spent typing and formatting this post would have been better spent hitting yourself in the face with a hammer."
--Jimbo

Wise old man--"That woman was SEXY!"
Young lad--"She's out of my league."
Wise old man--"Look...let women figure out why they wont sleep with you...dont do it for them."
Old 31 March 2017, 12:29
FIDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outofcontrol View Post
Good morning SOCNET,

OOC, here. Haven't been on in a while, so I thought I'd re-introduce myself.

USMC and USCG veteran. Short toured in the USMC due to medical, and spent 8 glorious years in the USCG doing a job I loved with an amazing group of true patriots. Left active duty in '04, worked for a few contracting companies overseas until coming home in '11 to hang up my spurs. I started a local security company in San Antonio, TX to watch it grow and sell it in 2015. I stayed on with the company that bought mine to watch them basically dismantle it. So, I am starting fresh from the ground up with a new company and a shit ton of lessons learned.

I'm also a police officer who enjoys pissing off copwatchers. I have two amazing boys ages 10 and 7, and am recently divorced after 15 yrs.

Cheers, boys!

OOC, out
Welcome home brother.
Old 31 March 2017, 12:31
Authorized Personnel

Welcome back, OOC!
Old 31 March 2017, 14:58
33,024 - R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outofcontrol View Post
I'm also a police officer who enjoys pissing off copwatchers...
Dick!

Glad to see you back here.
Old 1 April 2017, 20:35
Been There Done That

OOC, here. Haven't been on in a while.... am recently divorced after 15 yrs.

OOC, BTDT and with that, your absence is completely understandable. Always enjoyed your posts. Welcome back.
v/r
fkl
Old 2 April 2017, 00:55
Been There Done That

Welcome back, OOC!
Old 2 April 2017, 16:24

Good afternoon folks,

Great site that you have here. If I can contribute in any way I will but I believe in "read more, post less". My only area of expertise was in submarines (old ones) but it looks like you already have that area covered with a few pretty sharp SS types.

Squidly
Old 2 April 2017, 21:18

Good Afternoon. New to SOCNET, but I know that if I am to learn anything more in depth about the SO community, this is the place to look. I put in my package for the SEAL OCS route back in January, and am waiting further details regarding the success of that application. I will endeavor to make my presence on the SOCNET site as unobtrusive to you Vets out there.
Old 3 April 2017, 08:20
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly View Post
Good afternoon folks,

Great site that you have here. If I can contribute in any way I will but I believe in "read more, post less". My only area of expertise was in submarines (old ones) but it looks like you already have that area covered with a few pretty sharp SS types.

Squidly
Could always use more of you guys, especially your stories. I love the idea of submarines, but probably wouldn't do too well in one.

Welcome
Old 3 April 2017, 10:13
Doc McNasty

Welcome back OOC!
Old 9 April 2017, 21:24

I am recent college graduate researching different special operations careers. I have been lurking but finally am posting an intro to ask for a verification from Frog.
Old 10 April 2017, 05:10

I am a retired infantry SFC. No tabs. I am also a former Texas LEO.
Old 10 April 2017, 10:38
Critical mass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly View Post
Good afternoon folks,

Squidly
Welcome Squidly

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other. -John Adams
Old 10 April 2017, 18:11
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymore36 View Post
I am a retired infantry SFC. No tabs. I am also a former Texas LEO.
Nothing wrong with that at all. A Tab doesn't make a person, his/her character does. I've personally known some real dirtbags that sport more than one tab.

Welcome brother!
Old 11 April 2017, 00:14

Good evening to those who read this,

I stumbled across this site several weeks ago and found the reading both interesting and entertaining. Both these facts brought me back for more and led me to register. I'm new to this type of site and look forward to more entertaining reading. I was AD from '87 to '90 and still presently in the National Guard. Thanks for letting me participate.
Old 11 April 2017, 06:50
Another pool cleaner

Welcome to all. Read, post, contribute.
Old 19 April 2017, 07:50

Introduction

Good morning and glad to be a part of this site. I'm a former enlisted/commissioned officer in the army. I currently serve as the Director of Recruiting for Janus Global Operations. If I can help any of you with potential employment needs feel free to private message me. Have a great day!
Old 19 April 2017, 07:52

Hello all,
Thank you for letting me join. I recently retired from the navy. From first to last I was in VFA87, HM14, NAS Oceana, BUDs( class 296 dropped quickly), LHA2, VAW120, HSC 26, and finally VRC40.
I am here mainly to check on the people I know who keep saying they were some kind of special forces. I seem to attract people who say they were in some special op unit. Most of the time there story just does not seem right. It would also be nice to possibly find a person that I trained with to get ready for BUDs, I know he made it through hell week but after that it was hard to get in contact.
Again thank you for approving me.
Old 19 April 2017, 08:33

Hello I am new to this type of site and well hoping to make new acquaintances as well as get information on anything helpful out there pertaining to jobs and local get togethers. Served about 9 1/2 years, 4 years at D Co 2/75 before they shut down. 3 1/2 years with the 82nd and finishing up my remainder time with 2ID before I get out in Sept of this year. Hope to be of help when I have information on whatever is being asked and I look forward to researching the info received from you all. Have a blessed day all.

Our new posting rules