Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 13 August 2017, 20:10

New hear served for a bit just trying some information on someone and validate their credentials
Old 13 August 2017, 21:00

JASD

Hi
I am: Just A Seal's Dad,
He is deployed just now,
I am a semi-retired now, a firefighter for most my courier, but during that time I'd like to think I had a big part in preparing my son to do what he is doing today. Of course he took it from there because I never suggested to him to specifically to become a Navy Seal. Nevertheless I am very proud and amazed of his accomplishments in his service to our country and his special qualities as a husband and father as well.
This site seems like a good one for connecting and keeping in touch with a community with regards to some things in common as well as other things to learn from regarding the people like my son who chose this line of work to protect our freedom.
Old 13 August 2017, 21:43

Intro

Hello everyone,

New to SOCNET, but have read quite a few posts. Navy for 4 years, did most my work as in security, after going to BUD/s. Did not make it and did not ring out, but still have the warrior spirit. In a Law Enforcement Academy currently, and have had interest in POC. Here to learn as much as I can from you guys who have BTDT and carry over what I can to my new career.
Old 14 August 2017, 01:12
Another pool cleaner

Welcome all.

Follow directions. This is the Intro Thread. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 14 August 2017, 09:30

Chairforce!

SMSgt, USAF (1978-2005 Ret), Specialties: AC&W, Military Training Leader, Space Systems Ops, Defense Attache (OPSCO) Assignments: Malmstrom AFB (MT), AFNORTH (Norway), Chanute AFB (IL), Aberdeen Proving Ground (MD), Thule AB (Greenland), Peterson AFB (CO), RAF Edzell (Scotland), Vandenberg AFB (CA), Los Angeles AFB (CA), Bolling AFB (DC), US Embassy Yerevan (Armenia), Patrick AFB (FL).

Thanks for the vine!
Mark
Old 14 August 2017, 14:49

11-yr Navy Vet from 2001-2012. Served on USS Enterprise (CVN-65) from 7/01-2/06, Navy Recruiting in Knoxville, TN from 2/06-2/10 & on PC Crew HOTEL from 2/10-9/12. Currently working as the recruiting assistant at Janus Global Operations. Look forward to learning from this site and assisting in any way I can. Thanks
Old 14 August 2017, 15:05
Anesthetized User

Quote:
Originally Posted by orvil007 View Post
11-yr Navy Vet from 2001-2012. Served on USS Enterprise (CVN-65) from 7/01-2/06, Navy Recruiting in Knoxville, TN from 2/06-2/10 & on PC Crew HOTEL from 2/10-9/12. Currently working as the recruiting assistant at Janus Global Operations. Look forward to learning from this site and assisting in any way I can. Thanks
Welcome. There seems to be an influx of Janus folks lately. I think it is cool if you are here to recruit from the membership. Check with Silverbullet regarding job postings.

Well, it's a lot more compact than the flaming sword, but it's not nearly as impressive. Just doesn't have that Wrath-of-the-Almighty edge to it. I mean, come on, how am I supposed to strike fear into the hearts of the wicked with this thing?

Support SOCNET.
Old 14 August 2017, 21:25

Good evening, 1992-1995 NYARNG as a 91b. Last 22yrs working in wireless. The last 17 as a wireless tech for one of the largest wireless providers in the US. Father of a currently deployed Army soldier.
Old 14 August 2017, 21:27
Anesthetized User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rftech View Post
Good evening, 1992-1995 NYARNG as a 91b. Last 22yrs working in wireless. The last 17 as a wireless tech for one of the largest wireless providers in the US. Father of a currently deployed Army soldier.
Medics, WTF do they know?

Thank you sir for your service.

Well, it's a lot more compact than the flaming sword, but it's not nearly as impressive. Just doesn't have that Wrath-of-the-Almighty edge to it. I mean, come on, how am I supposed to strike fear into the hearts of the wicked with this thing?

Support SOCNET.
Old 15 August 2017, 01:00

Hi, new guy here. I'm not military but am trying to put together a bit of history for my two sons. My fathers uncle served in the Navy and was UDT for many years. After searching I see that this should be the place to ask a few questions and hopefully get some answers.
Old 15 August 2017, 07:28
Been There Done That

Welcome sir, you're in the right place--and thank you for your family's service.
Old 15 August 2017, 13:43

New here to the site. Here is a little about myself:

Enlisted in USAR in 2013 as a 31B (MP)
Did ROTC for three years at my University (Dropped out of ROTC)
About to graduate with my bachelors in December
Signed an 18x contract and leave early next year

Im excited to browse the threads on this site and learn and read some cool stuff.
Old 15 August 2017, 15:43

I have been a member of SOCNET for several years now. I have always enjoyed reading the various posts and associated comments. I finally have the need to ask a few questions so I am doing my best to follow the rules by introducing myself.... No military experience, been in law enforcement for about 20 years, and live in Southern California. Stay Safe out there!
Old 15 August 2017, 15:52
Been There Done That

20 year LEO from Southern California....welcome, and I'm sure you have a few good stories to tell. You're in good company...
Old 15 August 2017, 17:05

Intro

4 years in the US Army Signal Corps at Ft. Polk.

I was an engineer for a few years after the Army and then went back to law school. I am now an attorney.

I have read the site for years and finally decided to sign up.
Old 15 August 2017, 23:24

Introduction

By way of intro, your military acronyms speak volumes. I have none, so I'll resort to wordy-English and shoot for brief-and-relevant.

I'm a structure/function-focused bodywork practitioner. My mission is organizing and integrating bodies to bring ease, pain-relief, and greater resilience to withstand the beating that life inflicts.

Prior to this work, I personal-trained for a few years; worked for ten years in men's ice hockey (incl. a solo 2 year stint in Russia) before that.

No military service (43 yrs n' counting taming type I diabetes) but 3 years -- including much frustration/aggravation -- on the Hill/IFPA/Hudson Institute as a FP/defense analyst out of college. [Sr. staffer: "Range/radius?? (shrug) Same thing..." NOT.] Waaayy more BS than I had patience to fight-through everyday...

Huge reader -- Russian classics to RAND/CSIS pubs (+ grain of salt) to Tom Young et al. And Akhmatova and Neruda. New shooter shooting weekly. Already I'm greedy for greater range and accuracy; and to get off the bland, sterile, cement range (but no ambition to hunt...).

I clearly do not run in (your) work-world: that said, the humor, brain-power/insight, and the straigt-up here both resonate and intrigue me. Admins -- thank you for your attentive facilitating, and for including me. I look forward to lying low, understanding better, and LMAO often.

With Respect and Regards,
sm

Last edited by structure matters; 15 August 2017 at 23:46. Reason: decided 12 years was worth accounting for...
Old 16 August 2017, 15:47
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe292 View Post
Hello everyone,

New to SOCNET, but have read quite a few posts. Navy for 4 years, did most my work as in security, after going to BUD/s. Did not make it and did not ring out, but still have the warrior spirit. In a Law Enforcement Academy currently, and have had interest in POC. Here to learn as much as I can from you guys who have BTDT and carry over what I can to my new career.
Welcome aboard, Joe! You finally made it. I know Joe personally and he's a stand up dude. Good luck with all your future endeavors, bro!
Old 16 August 2017, 16:11
0311/8651

Welcome all
Old 22 August 2017, 20:26

Hello everyone,

Active Duty 11Bravo in the Eighty Deuce. Came here to learn what i can from the socnet community.

AATW
Old 23 August 2017, 15:36
Been There Done That

Welcome!

Our new posting rules