SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 9 June 2018, 12:33
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Iranian involvement in 9/11/01 attacks

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/08/ir...rs-politician/

This information was included in the congressional 9/11 report published in 2004, but under the influence of several lawsuits the Iranian government always denied it. Now it seems that Iranian officials are no longer trying to hide their involvement.

Maybe this is Iranian chest-thumping. Maybe this is American propaganda in support of renewed sanctions and/or the coming war. Maybe it is a rehash on a slow news day of what people already knew but had time to forget.

I think it is reason 97,642 why I won't shed a tear if the Israelis turn Iran into a glass parking lot.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 9 June 2018, 13:05
Confirmed User

I'm no expert, but I bet they had a hand in some of the phony intel that lead up to the Iraq invasion. I could be wrong, but they seem to be in several ME countries supporting terror and spreading propaganda all the time.
Old 9 June 2018, 15:14
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1/ss nuke View Post
http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/08/ir...rs-politician/

This information was included in the congressional 9/11 report published in 2004, but under the influence of several lawsuits the Iranian government always denied it. Now it seems that Iranian officials are no longer trying to hide their involvement.

Maybe this is Iranian chest-thumping. Maybe this is American propaganda in support of renewed sanctions and/or the coming war. Maybe it is a rehash on a slow news day of what people already knew but had time to forget.

I think it is reason 97,642 why I won't shed a tear if the Israelis turn Iran into a glass parking lot.
I'm not so sure.....16 of 19 being Saudi Sunni, with whom there is generally no love lost between them and Persian Shi'a. Witness the current proxy war in Yemen.

None of which changes Iran's need to be a glassed over parking lot. 40 years of killing Americans.....I hope they try that shit again while Trump is POTUS, he seems to have a vein going with correcting the mistakes of past decades, the Norks, trade agreements where we export all our middle class jobs, take it in the shorts, etc.. I'm sure he and Bebe could put their heads together to add this one to the list.

"In Flanders fields the poppies blow
between the crosses, row on row...."
Old 9 June 2018, 18:13
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofthedesert View Post
.... I'm sure he and Bebe could put their heads together to add this one to the list.
Can anyone explain why historically we're adversaries with Iran and other ME countries thus requiring us to get into bed with the Israelis?
Old 9 June 2018, 18:32
Make a desert and call it peace.

Read up about US support of the late unlamented Shah of Iran. Basically, much like the US in central and south American in the period of 1890-1960, we used USG(taxpayer) power to backstop US industry's rather shitty treatment of foreign nations.

I couldn't care less about the economic exploitation of shitholistan by US business, but when you back said business with USG assets, you wind up owning other people's stupid decisions. Much like the British East India company in the previous century.

Addendum: Given the smug condescension that seems to be the default attitude of the US diplomatic complex, polishing their ivy league degrees and fraternal associations, they certainly seem to make the same "blunders" over and over again. They're not stupid, even if arrogant, so I don't believe these are errors of ignorance; I think they just don't GAS, because it's not their money or their blood that's wasted. They have no skin the game, which is basically the core problem of US governance in a nutshell. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith

Last edited by EchoFiveMike; 9 June 2018 at 18:42.
Old 9 June 2018, 18:38
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by edd1e22 View Post
Can anyone explain why historically we're adversaries with Iran and other ME countries thus requiring us to get into bed with the Israelis?
We've always been allied with Israel since its inception, pretty much the same as Saudi. Israel has always served more or less as a bulwark to counter Arab aggression (much of it directed toward them) while Saudi Arabia was more a less a deal with the devil to provide security for them in exchange for oil, a lopsided arrangement IMO.

As for Iran, I have to wonder how old you are and if you've paid attention to the news over the last 30-40 years. Embassy takeover during the Carter administration, Marine barracks bombing in '83 during the Reagan years, etc. Prior to that we were close allies of Iran and the Shah, until his overthrow, who provided some counterweight to the military balance as it existed at that time.

Iran has become force to be reckoned with these days, and is the chief patron of Hezbollah, which has been encroaching ever closer to Israel over the last several decades.

In a nutshell, it's a mess over there.

Last edited by Spinner; 9 June 2018 at 18:47.
Old 9 June 2018, 18:45
Make a desert and call it peace.

^^ That's not really true, we mostly didn't GAS about Israel until Nixon. That said, we knuckled under after the USS Liberty in 67, which was the start of the obscene open servility of the USG to Israel IMO. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith
Old 9 June 2018, 18:55
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFiveMike View Post
^^ That's not really true, we mostly didn't GAS about Israel until Nixon. That said, we knuckled under after the USS Liberty in 67, which was the start of the obscene open servility of the USG to Israel IMO. S/F....Ken M
Point taken, although I believe the U.S. had always recognized Israel and walked a bit of tightrope through the years as far as support, given the relationship we had with other countries in the region. The oil embargo was the direct result of our support for them in 1973.

'73 probably was when we more or less pushed many of our chips into the pot when it came the Israelis, considering they were pretty close to being on the ropes after being attacked during Yom Kippur. I can say with certainty that prior to that they were fed a lot of intel, not too mention being allowed to purchase our most sophisticated Tactical Recon system for the IAF.

I know because my dad was the point man on all those sales to Israel.
Old 9 June 2018, 19:03
Administrator

Israel isn't part of this discussion. We owe Iran a nuke or two. I've loathed them since 79 and it increaed in 83. All the crap they've pulled since has only added to that.

If this is true they need to be hammered.
Old 9 June 2018, 23:14
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
Concur.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 10 June 2018, 00:11
sterious scizor

Agree SB...79, 83, Buckley, Lockerbie, Levinson...to name just a small few. I would have to see what they’re claiming their involvement was but wouldn’t really be very surprised.
Old 10 June 2018, 01:15
Policeman Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
Israel isn't part of this discussion. We owe Iran a nuke or two. I've loathed them since 79 and it increaed in 83. All the crap they've pulled since has only added to that.

Shit, even if it's not true. I'd be delighted if we decapitated their government tomorrow.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 10 June 2018, 02:19

Soooooo according to the article "facilitation" = allowing one of the hijackers to pass through. And at one point he "sat next to" a Hezbollah leader on a flight. This is the state of journalism today.

No one should be under any illusions about my advocating of nuclear-tipped diplomacy against a variety of shitheads and shithead people. Worldwide. BUT --- saying this is "facilitation" is just downright propaganda. See purple's link to the various ways in which the MSM lies to us and tried to manipulate our actions. For the benefit of certain other people's gain.

So yeah, launch some megatons in Tehran's direction. Kill their people and repopulate their land with westerners. For no other reason than it's a Wednesday and we need to do some FAMFIRE with our nuke ordinance. I'll buy that for a dollar. But don't try to blow smoke up my ass by saying this is "facilitation" of the 9/11 attacks.
Old 10 June 2018, 07:07
Confirmed User

^UBL's family lived openly in Iran after 9-11. His son was know to be the emissary between AQ and the Iranian gov't.
Old 10 June 2018, 07:30
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVmedic View Post
^UBL's family lived openly in Iran after 9-11. His son was know to be the emissary between AQ and the Iranian gov't.
In jail?

In case USA Today links aren't allowed, Google this:

"Bin Laden's son says Iran should free his siblings"

First hit for me.

The whole Iran thing was because of US and British oil in the 50's, so as usual, I'm with E5M on what he wrote - and factions of the MSM most certainly do the Administartion's bidding at times - look up Judith Miller as just ONE example.
Old 10 June 2018, 08:01
Scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
The whole Iran thing was because of US and British oil in the 50's
No. This whole this is not about US and British oil in the 50s. The ideology of the Iranian revolution was heavily rooted in the ideas of social justice and ethical nahda. Look up Ali Shariati as just ONE example. Like most other revolutionary leaders of that era, was a wealthy educated expat who championed ideas that led to far more misery than the population experienced under the Shah.

+1 for making QF feel the pain.

“It's not a good idea to allow an unknown enemy force to attack your compound. Ever, really.” -MixedLoad

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -HST

Secrets don't sleep til they're took to the grave. -BMTH
Old 10 June 2018, 08:10
Administrator

Just because someone posts incorrect info about OBL's family doesn't negate the issue.

I really don't care about the 50's or oil or whatever. That's akin to someone beating kids and saying "if my dad had been nicer to me, none of this would have happened."

Iran has more US blood on it's hands than it can ever be called to account for. Trite references to things from the 50's or "because it's Weds" doesn't change that. Neither does claiming the MSM lies as if no one positing is aware that happenes.

If the Iranian people don't want to suffer the fallout of their gov'ts actions, they may want to do what our forefathers did. Otherwise, IMO, they're complicit.
Old 10 June 2018, 08:43
Been There Done That

So, some airport employees in Iran didn't stamp some of the passports of Saudi citizens; in particular AQ operatives involved in the 9/11 attacks. If I read the article correctly, the operatives took advantage of an existing Iranian practice; vice requesting assistance.

To me, all Mr. Larijani did was put Iran back in the spotlight regarding bad acts by their government over the last few decades. So, why did did he (and the ruling council) do this?

Personally, I think Iran is starting to goad us into some sort of further action. Which makes me wonder who's backing them up? If you're going to pick a fight with a badger, you may want a couple of grizzlies on call. If not, things aren't going to end well...

BTW, Israel is a non-issue in this subject.
Old 10 June 2018, 09:14
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
In jail?
His son was a go between for AQ and Iran.

https://www.weeklystandard.com/thoma...n-and-al-qaeda

The rest of his family was on "house arrest" with frequent shopping trips. Hardly jail.

https://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/Inter...ry?id=10169432
Old 10 June 2018, 10:35
sterious scizor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Personally, I think Iran is starting to goad us into some sort of further action. Which makes me wonder who's backing them up? If you're going to pick a fight with a badger, you may want a couple of grizzlies on call. If not, things aren't going to end well...
What kind of brown bears do they have in Russia?

Our new posting rules