Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Gear, Survival and Fieldcraft

Old 17 January 2017, 11:53
Midgetologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Sounds to me like you need to hit the bench press a little harder.
Very funny LMAO!

I'm barrel chested, I had my chesty on and my GF didn't notice until she hugged me. The one I have is for over the shirt or jacket according to Litepath. As I posted no problem concealing it.

Need to get one for my .50 DE
Old 17 January 2017, 20:33
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX teacher View Post
I have a question for folks who have used the chesty rig.

I'm assuming you are satisfied with it simply because I don't see any complaints through the thread, and I know Tom will jump all over any issues someone might have. I bought a pancake last year for my full size SR9 and am planning on a chest rig for the same.

How do you guys feel about the retention of the gun on the chest rig? Does the thumb screw do enough to keep your weapon in place while moving about?

Also, how do you feel about how concealed your weapon is? My thoughts were wearing tshirt underneath the rig and then either a polo style, or some other type of pullover shirt on top of that. Needless to say nobody wants to print and advertise.
I wear mine to do kettlebell workouts on the range. Swings, Snatches, squats and planks. Nary an issue.
Old 17 January 2017, 21:57
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
I wear mine to do kettlebell workouts on the range. Swings, Snatches, squats and planks. Nary an issue.
He left out that it is all he wears when doing kettlebell workouts on the range...
Old 18 January 2017, 12:11
Authorized Personnel

I'll chime in. . .

I can and do wear the Chesty Muzzle up.
It conceals very well. I do not worry about it coming loose or dropping out.
The muzzle up config allows the pistol to be in a position that conceals best.

Any other config will not conceal as well and IMO will print like "a gun handle is sticking out of your Shirt, Bud!"

Now, a lot of the above depends on the person. If for instance you are large enough to darken doorways, then probably any position can be concealed along with a two-day supply of twinkies and that long lost Hi-Fi Record player your Aunt gave you back in 1971.

A guy like my son in the Litepath Chest holster main photo, can conceal it as long as he's not trying to wear Skinny Jean type clothing and tight shirts, etc. Muzzle up works like a charm on his 'normal-proportioned' frame with a simple pull-over, or like me with a larger sized tee-shirt over the gun.

My Wife, Small breasted Gal, Wears her SR9 Muzzle up and it simply disappears on her with her typical flowery print chemise; day-to-day wear.

It's akin to lining yourself up to carry IWB or any other mode of carry. Clothing considerations have to be thought out and utilized to accomplish the task in a most comfortable way while maintaining the conceal-ability you desire.

So, you can buy the Chesty or many other holsters I sell and make it practically invisible, or print like a Mutha. Much of that is on you.
Old 19 January 2017, 06:23
All Star Benchwarmer

Hey Tom, one more question. I've already got one of your inline mag carriers, will that also carry well on the chest rig?
Old 19 January 2017, 08:07
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX teacher View Post
Hey Tom, one more question. I've already got one of your inline mag carriers, will that also carry well on the chest rig?
No. It lacks the fold over tab on the back that engages the belt.
You could probably still manage to carry it, like the photo below, but it'd stick out an extra 1/2 inch.
Thanks!

Old 24 January 2017, 15:26
A Texan in exile

Just to add, I have had my chesty now for about a year. I have carried it both muzzle up and down. It def conceals significantly better muzzle up and I am quite comfortable carrying it that way. Retention remains solid even when trail running. I expect to keep it in the muzzle up config for the foreseeable future.
Old 24 January 2017, 18:22
Administrator

Like LP said, much of the concealment is on you. I used to wear it over a T-shirt then have a one size too large button up shirt over the gun. It actually helps to tuck the shirt in because it gives the shirt some slack instead of it hanging loose which greatly aids in concealment. Finally, keep in mind that if you have to draw you will be popping buttons on your shirt. What SOTB used to refer to as the "Superman Draw". Don't be trying to unbutton your shirt or get it out between buttons. I mention this because in the environment I wore this holster I would have normally been doing a slow sneaky draw with some concealment. But in most cases you won't have that luxury. So, just get it in your head that you will be popping off buttons.

I don't recommend wearing a pullover shirt. To each his own and its your call but in that situation the gun will either have to come out the bottom or the top depending on how the butt is canted. That could be a major problem.

I wore one of these for years and I have already tried just about anything you could dream up with this type of holster.
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate
I am the captain of my soul.
-Invictus
Old 24 January 2017, 18:46
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
He left out that it is all he wears when doing kettlebell workouts on the range...
Nothing is sacred with you is it?
Old 24 January 2017, 18:51
The Sagacious One

I wear 5.11 shirts that have snaps that break away. If I'm lucky, I get Gavin to wear the 5.11 kilt.
Old 24 January 2017, 20:39
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
I wear 5.11 shirts that have snaps that break away. If I'm lucky, I get Gavin to wear the 5.11 kilt.
I'm not tactical enough to wear 5.11 clothing. I'm going to learn to operate better, so I can see if I can rate 5.11 clothing. I never seem to need to carry cargo, so I don't wear pants with cargo pockets. If I was a Chippendale's type, like HM, I might try the break-away snaps...although the break-away stuff on HM's pants and shirts are in the back, so he can do that whole "snatch" the clothing away, he's so dreamy...but...I digress, back to male fashion...I'll stick with 501s and t-shirts...
Old 24 January 2017, 20:47
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
I'm not tactical enough to wear 5.11 clothing. I'm going to learn to operate better, so I can see if I can rate 5.11 clothing. I never seem to need to carry cargo, so I don't wear pants with cargo pockets. If I was a Chippendale's type, like HM, I might try the break-away snaps...although the break-away stuff on HM's pants and shirts are in the back, so he can do that whole "snatch" the clothing away, he's so dreamy...but...I digress, back to male fashion...I'll stick with 501s and t-shirts...
That was funny. Thanks for the laugh!
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 30 January 2017, 13:30
All Star Benchwarmer

Okay, it's been a week or so and I've been able to give my chest rig a whirl.

It fits great and as always, Tom shipped really quick.

For those wondering, the chest rig does take a little time to monkey around with until you get the right angle and fit that you are comfy with. And I was very concerned about printing, but for the most part it has been great. I have had some slight printing under a particular sweatshirt I wear, but simple solution is just not to wear it with the chest rig.

So thanks Tom for a great product and thanks everyone else for the advice and thoughts on the holster.
Old 16 February 2017, 10:26
Been There Done That

Just ordered my first chest rig for a G43 this morning after reading this thread. Looking forward to checking it out. Thanks all for the reviews and knowledge imparted here.

Tom, any thoughts of making sheaths for small fixed blades that would attach to the Chesty straps similar to the mag holder?

It is a heavy thing to see a Father, so strong in life, unable to rise.
Old 16 February 2017, 11:44
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cams View Post
Just ordered my first chest rig for a G43 this morning after reading this thread. Looking forward to checking it out. Thanks all for the reviews and knowledge imparted here.

Tom, any thoughts of making sheaths for small fixed blades that would attach to the Chesty straps similar to the mag holder?
Sure. I actually attached one of the tctknives Sangradors to the straps just for show and tell. taking a smaller weapon and doing the same wouldn't be a problem at all.. . . .Was gonna post the photo but the 2aholster FB page is down right now. . . Along with many other gun/controversial pages.

Hit me as tom@2aholster.com via e-mail to discuss further.

ETA; page back up now. I was mistaken. Photo I was 'thinkin' of was a knife only strapped on like a Chest Holster.

Last edited by litepath; 16 February 2017 at 11:49. Reason: ETA
Old 16 February 2017, 11:56
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cams View Post
x2 on the bolded.

It's always an honor to serve the membership here and BTDT's particularly. I've yet to have a BTDT order that was anything but exemplary & easy. No muss, no fuss and respectful always.

Thank you for the order too!
Old 23 February 2017, 23:01

Just sent an email with a few questions through your site, completely forgot about this thread for some reason
Old 24 February 2017, 08:12
Authorized Personnel

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by az_762_nato View Post
Just sent an email with a few questions through your site, completely forgot about this thread for some reason
Got it. Replied with pleasure.
Old 30 March 2017, 07:55
Ditch Doc

LP-
My order arrived yesterday. That was a couple days earlier than I expected. The holster was a perfect fit, as was the mag holder. (even after I screwed the order). Couldn't be more pleased with your product and service.
As soon as I clear it with the Minister of War and Finance, I will order another for my other carry gun.
Old 30 March 2017, 09:03
Authorized Personnel

@dustyrebel,

Glad to hear you're GTG with your gear. I ALWAYS appreciate hearing from the SOCNET family.

Our new posting rules