SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Old 15 December 2018, 18:40
Earthquake Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGH0922 View Post
I'll never understand why people, especially those under scrutiny, would ever open their piehole in front of a camera without a lawyer present. I avoided that shit like the plague when I was on active duty. As for his resignation, I think officers are subject to recall until they hit a certain age.
After reading back through the thread and such, I realize that this all started becauae he wanted to work for the Agency. Why admit to murder while taking a polygraph? Either way he wouldn't have gotten the job, whether he lied about it or not. He should not have taken a poly knowing that that whole subject would come up.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet." Gen. Mattis
Old 22 December 2018, 23:11

Quote:
My guess is that rather than a witch-hunt, people went out of their way to avoid charging him. Because of this, I don’t think we’re going to be hearing Golsteyn openly criticizing this outcome. If anything, he is hoping that the publicity dies down along with the potential for him to be charged.
I don't want to say 'I told you so,' but Golsteyn should have kept his head down. He had absolutely nothing to gain from admitting to the killing on Fox. Now he's the prosecution's main witness. He made their case for them.

Our new posting rules