SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Movies and TV

Old 12 January 2014, 16:29
Drawing my cutlass

Better Call Saul

Don't know whether they'll use this as the title of the Bob Odenkirk spin off, but I'm eagerly looking forward to its pilot in November. It's rumored that many BrBa alumni are coming back and not just for cameos. I hope to hell one of them is Jonathan Banks (Mike).

Quote:
‘Breaking Bad’ spinoff ‘Better Call Saul’ set for November release

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Walter White’s lawyer is returning to Albuquerque.

AMC announced this week that the “Breaking Bad” spinoff, “Better Call Saul,” will premiere in November 2014, but no specific date has been released.

The series will follow sleazy attorney Saul Goodman, played by Bob Odenkirk, as he defends drug lords, criminals and those allegedly injured in minor traffic accidents.

The network has already created a website for the fiction lawyer, with Saul Goodman’s signature videos boasting how he can get anyone out of legal trouble. The website includes “testimonies” from a drug dealer and prostitute who tell potential clients how he got them out of jail.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Quote:
In Special Forces we had a saying: "Work hard in silence, let your success do the talking."

Tracy
Old 12 January 2014, 17:21
I've got a gun too, mf'er

Looking forward to this ... but have to finish Breaking Bad first (wife & I are almost done with S4 on Netflix).
- Bootsy Collins
"If you don't like freedom, for heaven's sake, pack your bags and leave"
- Rotterdam Mayor Ahmed Aboutaleb
"I appeal to all our citizens, no matter from what land their forefathers came, to keep this ever in mind, and to shun with scorn and contempt the sinister intriguers and mischief-makers who would seek to divide them along lines of creed, or birthplace or of national origin."
- Teddy Roosevelt
Old 12 January 2014, 17:53
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

Crossing my fingers this is done well....
Old 12 January 2014, 20:09
Confirmed User

Can't wait for a decent distraction...
Old 12 January 2014, 20:13

Saul is one of my favourite characters (along with Mike ... he has to be in this spinoff).
- Bootsy Collins
"I appeal to all our citizens, no matter from what land their forefathers came, to keep this ever in mind, and to shun with scorn and contempt the sinister intriguers and mischief-makers who would seek to divide them along lines of creed, or birthplace or of national origin."
- Teddy Roosevelt
Old 13 January 2014, 09:39

this has got to be good. especially if mike is a character
Old 28 January 2014, 00:50
Drawing my cutlass

Well fucking A! Mike is back.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/allenstj...ter-call-saul/

Jonathan Banks To Join AMC's 'Breaking Bad' Prequel, 'Better Call Saul'

(Spoiler Alert for all of Breaking Bad)

Sometimes television tops life itself. Breaking Bad fans, who were heartbroken when Mike Ehrmantraut, played by Emmy nominee Jonathan Banks, was killed off during season five, will get their fondest wish this fall. Deadline.com reports that Banks will join the cast–and Mike will come back to life–this November on AMC’s Breaking Bad prequel, Better Call Saul.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Quote:
In Special Forces we had a saying: "Work hard in silence, let your success do the talking."

Tracy
Old 28 January 2014, 00:57

Excellent.
This has potential.
- Bootsy Collins
- Teddy Roosevelt
Old 28 January 2014, 18:50
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

You'll probably also see Jesse Pinkman, he clearly knew who Saul was when they first reached out to him when Badger got pinched.

And I'd like to see Badger and Skinny Pete get recurring roles, those two were great.
Old 28 January 2014, 22:29
Drawing my cutlass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
You'll probably also see Jesse Pinkman, he clearly knew who Saul was when they first reached out to him when Badger got pinched.

And I'd like to see Badger and Skinny Pete get recurring roles, those two were great.
I'm counting on seeing the following: Gus Fring, Victor, Crazy 8, the crew from Vamanos Pests and possibly Tuco. I hope the writers fill in the back stories of Gus and Mike, especially explaining what Gus did in Chile and what happened to Mike's son.

Add to this Lydia (that bitch) and Herr Schuller.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:

Billy L-Bach
Quote:

Tracy
Old 29 January 2014, 15:13
Policeman Officer

It would be awesome if this turned into a prequel type series. There's so much material there. The only thing is that the creator of the series has said he thinks filling in Gus' background would diminish the character.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 30 January 2014, 13:51
Drawing my cutlass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt View Post
It would be awesome if this turned into a prequel type series. There's so much material there. The only thing is that the creator of the series has said he thinks filling in Gus' background would diminish the character.
Could be, even VG has said that he kept Gus' past vague on purpose. But I'd really love to know what Don Eladio and Hector Salamanca knew.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:

Billy L-Bach
Quote:

Tracy
Old 30 January 2014, 14:00

Yeah, when Don Eliado told Gus (somethng like) "The only reason I didn't kill you is because I know who you are," that was definitely an intriguing tease.
- Bootsy Collins
- Teddy Roosevelt
Old 30 January 2014, 18:12

Might be cool if they fill in the backstory of Walt's relationship with Gretchen and her husband, see if there was any skullduggery involved with them buying out his shares in the company.

Can't leave that stone unturned, because Walt made it clear over time that he felt he got screwed there, which is why he couldn't let the meth business go. Also raises the question, and maybe you'd get some answers, about whether or not Walt would have "broke bad" regardless of that story line.
Old 30 January 2014, 19:04
Policeman Officer

I've always assumed Gus was part of the Pinochet regime in some way.

I don't think we'll see anything dealing with Walter.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 31 January 2014, 22:57
REMF

Tuck (Ding) is a lunatic. Hated to see him eat it so quickly.
Old 10 February 2014, 16:47

The more I think about it, the better this show sounds. Saul already had an ongoing relationship with Mike, so you can bet he'll be a recurring character. Same with Tuco, Crazy Eight and a few others.

And maybe they'll introduce some new characters that will help flesh out the story lines a little bit.

Then again, like a lot of spinoffs, it could crash and burn. It's a tossup.
Old 7 May 2014, 22:20
Drawing my cutlass

Michael McKean (This is Spinal Tap) joins Better Call Saul. This is getting better and better:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5246168.html

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:

Billy L-Bach
Quote:

Tracy
Old 8 May 2014, 16:38
Secure The Victory!

Well, I for one will watch this from the get-go, not making the same mistake I made with "Breaking Bad" by watching the last episode to see what the hype was, then going out and watching the whole series, and occasionally uttering, "Oh, so THAT's why they did that in the last episode".
Old 11 August 2014, 18:27
Drawing my cutlass

And the first teaser comes out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQscoVVvURk

February cannot come fast enough.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:

Billy L-Bach
Quote:

Tracy

Our new posting rules