Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Company Vetting and RFI

Old 7 July 2018, 01:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoutsOut View Post
SOC new hires are now being hired on a "probationary" period. They are paid a reduced daily rate until they finish their probationary period. This period lasts two years. If you are thinking of going with SOC I would clarify what your daily rate will be.
Lol, thatís definitely not true.
Old 7 July 2018, 03:43
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm410 View Post
Lol, thatís definitely not true.
It probably depends on which SOC contract you're on, but it actually is true although I wasn't told it was a probationary period. I was told you get a pay raise after 2 years.

SOC doesn't just have static WPS contracts. They have 3 mobile contracts, 2 in Africa and 1 in Israel.

Winston Churchill

Put a small child in a playpen with an apple and a bunny. If s/he eats the apple and plays with the bunny, s/he's normal;but if s/he eats the bunny and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. Somewhere along the line we must have been TAUGHT to do the wrong thing.

Maynard James Keenan
Old 7 July 2018, 11:11
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoutsOut View Post
SOC new hires are now being hired on a "probationary" period. They are paid a reduced daily rate until they finish their probationary period. This period lasts two years. If you are thinking of going with SOC I would clarify what your daily rate will be.

This rumor has already been checked out and debunked. Completely false. Never happened, nor is it happening now.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 7 July 2018, 11:15
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong View Post
It probably depends on which SOC contract you're on, but it actually is true although I wasn't told it was a probationary period. I was told you get a pay raise after 2 years.

SOC doesn't just have static WPS contracts. They have 3 mobile contracts, 2 in Africa and 1 in Israel.

Again, there is no probationary period. There are three levels of pay depending on how long you are with the company. That is across all WPS contracts.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 7 July 2018, 22:12

Apologies for second hand info. I have been a member here long enough and know better.
Old 7 July 2018, 22:29
Shakin' the bush Boss

I've got a rule on WPS info. If it's not coming from somebody working for THAT company, it's probably not true. The rumor mill has always been rampant.
Old 8 July 2018, 00:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Again, there is no probationary period. There are three levels of pay depending on how long you are with the company. That is across all WPS contracts.
It seems every company does it a little different, at least for K9. Garda does increases every rotation, SOC does increases based on certain time increments, and TC starts the highest but doesnít have increases, same with Janus, just a little lower than TC. A lot of people claim SOC is just doing bridge pay, however Iíve never gotten a straight answer. Still, everyone I know at SOC is happy as can be, so they must be doing something right.
Old 8 July 2018, 01:17
Navigating

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm410 View Post
Still, everyone I know at SOC is happy as can be, so they must be doing something right.
Thatís a statement about the leadership of the company.

- Excerpt from Gates of Fire, Michael Yon
Old 9 July 2018, 17:35

SOC K9 has a pay "step plan" based upon "Boots on Ground" time. I know of handlers making more than the Kennel Masters.
Old 9 July 2018, 18:34
Policeman Officer

Man whatever happened to good old treating "independent contractors" like a commodity coming off an assembly line? This rewarding tenure nonsense will never work.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth

Our new posting rules