SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 23 June 2018, 13:02
Confirmed User

So I definitely wanted Iceland to win the match - but did you folks see that second goal by Nigeria to seal the game ? That was a thing of beauty...
Old 23 June 2018, 15:54
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc_3m View Post
So I definitely wanted Iceland to win the match - but did you folks see that second goal by Nigeria to seal the game ? That was a thing of beauty...
I didn't see the second goal, but I thought the first one was pretty sweet too. Musa caught a great pass with the top of his right foot and lifted it up in the air, then kicked it home. Would have been even cooler if he had kicked it in before letting it take a small bounce, but he was probably smart to do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9LxxjCiP_c

Now I'm going to have to hunt down that second goal to see how good it was by comparison. The footwork on these guys is unbelievable.
Old 23 June 2018, 15:58
Been There Done That

Germany wins with a last second goal......with 10 men on

today's two games were just bananas for great soccer.

God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.
Old 23 June 2018, 16:06

Just before the end of the first half the commentators started talking about "if this score stands, Germany will not advance", and they were only down 1-0 with another half to play. Looks like they pulled a rabbit out of their hat.

I know, low scores seem to be the norm in many soccer matches. I was surprised to see Belgium hang 5 goals on Tunisia, even though they are a much better team. Tough to score a goal in soccer.
Old 23 June 2018, 16:38
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
I didn't see the second goal, but I thought the first one was pretty sweet too. Musa caught a great pass with the top of his right foot and lifted it up in the air, then kicked it home. Would have been even cooler if he had kicked it in before letting it take a small bounce, but he was probably smart to do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9LxxjCiP_c

Now I'm going to have to hunt down that second goal to see how good it was by comparison. The footwork on these guys is unbelievable.
Apologies - I got it wrong. It was the first goal that was amazing. I only watched the highlights, and I thought they said the amazing goal was the second one (which it wasn't). My bad.
Old 23 June 2018, 16:40

Haven't seen any bicycle kick attempts yet, those are always fun to watch even if they don't score.
Old 24 June 2018, 09:49
Confirmed User

The Serbia v Switzerland match was fantastic. Switzerland may give teams run for their money.

I think Sweden would be justifiably upset with the way things went against them. The non-call at the beginning and the call against them at the end which looked more like a flop but I didn't catch a replay. Other than this game I haven't had too much to complain about with regards to the officiating. Yes other calls have been missed but these definitely had a direct impact on the outcome.

I don't remember such a good Cup. It seems as if the field is leveling out with great results.
Old 24 June 2018, 11:41
Authorized Personnel

Agreed... it’s been an entertaining world cup. England took care of business today. Japan and Senegal is a fun match. Good matches all the way around.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Been around the world and found
That only stupid people are breeding
The cretins cloning and feeding
And I don't even own a tv
Old 24 June 2018, 15:59
Authorized Personnel

Colombia wins HP!!!!

3-0 over Poland. They have a chance..

Sltwtr1

OUT

Jack Bauer
Old 24 June 2018, 17:45
Drawing my cutlass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sltwtr1 View Post
Colombia wins HP!!!!

3-0 over Poland. They have a chance..

Sltwtr1

OUT
Colombia dominated throughout the match.

Lots of happy faces in my household.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Quote:
In Special Forces we had a saying: "Work hard in silence, let your success do the talking."

Tracy
Old 24 June 2018, 18:05
I still think I'm fooling everyone

I'm no hardcore football fan, however I watched our national team play because, well, it's a national team. Or at least it's supposed to be. And I wish I didn't. Our football team was never anything but mediocre since 70s-80s, but this was just ridiculous.

1:2 to Senegal after basically giving away 2 goals to them, now this. Senegal played dull, Colombia was superb and a pleasure to watch. I was fully aware about how capable Colombians are, but there's a difference between being defeated after equal fight and being knocked out senseless without landing a single punch. Who cares, life and WC moves on.

Anyway, England rolled over Panama but still congrats to the WC newcomers for getting their first WC goal. Senegal-Japan was a pretty good match. Looking forward to this week's matches. This World Cup is really neat, not as predictable as previous ones IMHO. Colombia in quarterfinals? I'm almost 100% sure it will not be Argentina....but who knows.

Last edited by Paul85; 24 June 2018 at 18:21.
Old 24 June 2018, 19:36
Sub Rosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul85 View Post
Colombia in quarterfinals?
I hope so because if they don't there will be a lot of keening and slashing of hair and clothes. In fact, when it comes to soccer, Colombians are either bouncing around on the peak in a manic state or in the deepest of deep depressions in a hole in the valley.
Old 24 June 2018, 21:42
Drawing my cutlass

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I hope so because if they don't there will be a lot of keening and slashing of hair and clothes. In fact, when it comes to soccer, Colombians are either bouncing around on the peak in a manic state or in the deepest of deep depressions in a hole in the valley.
Yep.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Quote:
In Special Forces we had a saying: "Work hard in silence, let your success do the talking."

Tracy
Old 26 June 2018, 15:16
Conquer Life.

This Croatia/Iceland game is pretty good. Croatian goalie is a hell of an athlete to watch. We've been catching the last few games from Croatia and the island will explode tonight if Croatia wins

"When your ruck gets too heavy, someone on this site will always help you carry it." - Chimo
Old 26 June 2018, 15:33

If Nigeria can hang on to at least the tie they've got going right now, Argentina gets to go home.
Old 26 June 2018, 17:35
I still think I'm fooling everyone

Argentina in. Talk about major luck...I do think that Nigeria had a penalty in this game, but the referee thought otherwise even after video analysis.
Old 26 June 2018, 18:05
Confirmed User

Maradona flipping off the crowd. Classic.
Old 26 June 2018, 18:31
The atomic zit

I had no doubt in my mind, Messi would step up to the fucking pitch. He’s a FOG in futbol years.
Old 27 June 2018, 01:04
The atomic zit

Looks like Argentina made it through group.
Old 27 June 2018, 13:44
Confirmed User

SKorea 2-0 Germany !!!
Germany is out !!

Our new posting rules