SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Professional Development and Education

Old 9 July 2018, 22:37
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post

The GEMBA also only offers 20k tuition assistance for a 160k program.
JEBUS! I hope that came with free nightly massages, all the Pappy you can drink, and use of the school loaner Chiron.

Yale, Harvard, and UPenn are only marginally higher, program dependent.
Old 16 July 2018, 09:46
Authorized Personnel

I was on another forum and ran across this about the JWMI program and what makes it different. I may have explained it before, but the difference I see is that they use actual business professionals as instructors, and they listen to the student. This is a blurb from one of the Deans and it is dead on true. They will can a professor if they don't match up with customer service (read student) reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDScP7ARzUs
Old 19 October 2018, 17:31
exquisitus asinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt View Post
I believe mdwest is getting one through Oxford?
Not sure how I missed this thread before...

I picked up my MBA from Anglia Ruskin University in the UK.

It was a reasonably decent program.. Their online platform is pretty well put together, the instructors were reasonably well engaged, etc..

The primary driver for selecting ARU was pretty simple.. The dollar at the time was ridiculously strong against the pound.. ARU is a pretty good sized brick and mortar school that would be considered the equivalent of your "average" state school here in the US.. The difference is the cost was less than 1/2 of what most MBA programs I looked at here in the US cost.. and as little as 1/3 the cost of some I considered.. and the curriculum for their online program was nearly identical to the resident program.

I didnt really care where I got the degree from as long as it was a reputable school that held accreditation that would be recognized in the US.. Overall ARU was a pretty good choice for me.. Besides.. who wouldnt like to be able to claim the same alma mater as Syd Barrett and David Gilmore from Pink Floyd and Billionaire English investor Lord Ashcroft

Fast forward a few years... and I am finishing up a second online masters program with another UK university this month.. Assuming I didnt completely blow my dissertation I should be picking up an MS in Strategic Management from the University of Derby here shortly..

The motivation for selecting a school in the UK remains the same as it was the last time... equivalent quality of education that you will find in most US brick and mortar "state" schools.. for less than 1/2 the cost of the same degree if you were to pick it up from somewhere like the Univ of North Texas or Univ of Memphis, etc..

Our new posting rules