SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Areas of Expertise > Medical

Old 15 April 2018, 22:50
Confirmed User

Paraclet Medical Industries?

https://wXX.paracletemedical.com/
I wasn't sure if I was allowed to put a link.
Has anyone heard of these guys?
Can anyone recommend a "combat medic" course.
Audience would be medical guys, not combat guys.
Thanks!
Old 15 April 2018, 23:49
Unemployed Stunt Double

I've heard of them, haven't heard positives or negatives.

There are a whole bunch of outfits teaching TCCC-based POIs. Why do "medical guys" need a combat medic course? If you narrow what you want them to learn, it would be easier to point you toward a course.
Old 16 April 2018, 01:10
Confirmed User

Gavin,
Some of my coworkers were asking about this training. True, we are medical guys, but we live in a sterile safe environment, the operating room. Once you get to us, we can keep you alive.
Our shortcoming is that we do not have formal training in say, an active shooter, mass casualty.
I am sure if placed in that situation we would perform, but sitting here on the couch, I really don't have a plan that I could run through in my head.
I guess a good starting point would be TCCC?
Old 16 April 2018, 07:53
The Sagacious One

Ping Office Sloth. He may be able to assist.
Old 16 April 2018, 08:25
#AllLionsMatter

PM what you're looking for and I may be able too guide you in the right direction...
Education is all about gaining theoretical knowledge in the classroom or any institution. Training is a way to develop specific skills, whereas education is a typical system of learning.
Old 16 April 2018, 11:01
Fan ar an gcosán

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
...a whole bunch of outfits teaching TCCC-based POIs.
No knowledge of company.

Follow up question: What is the goal for the students? SWAT Medics, general knowledge, etc?

If not .mil, I suggest a focus on the civilian version of TCCC, TECC. TCCC is very focused on combat oriented MCIs whereas TECC is heavy on public safety response. Very similar core principals with very different course and real world missions.

If the medical folks want to be able to help in an incident outside the OR, the Stop the Bleed campaign is also helpful.
Old 16 April 2018, 11:19
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc P View Post
No knowledge of company.

Follow up question: What is the goal for the students? SWAT Medics, general knowledge, etc?

If not .mil, I suggest a focus on the civilian version of TCCC, TECC. TCCC is very focused on combat oriented MCIs whereas TECC is heavy on public safety response. Very similar core principals with very different course and real world missions.

If the medical folks want to be able to help in an incident outside the OR, the Stop the Bleed campaign is also helpful.
Yes, absolutely. A lot of people want to take TCCC but will only use a fraction of it, when there are better courses. TECC is excellent. I teach TCCC, and I teach the Stop the Bleed course. If you are a cop, SWAT, or tac med, I will point you toward TCCC (sometimes, not all the time). Everyone else I point elsewhere.
Old 16 April 2018, 14:10
Darwin Award Presenter

+1 the above responses. I would add TNCC for RNs, a great overview of all types of trauma by systems. It is a 2 day course, with a hands on practical exam as well as a written test. Your hospital probably offers it to ED nurses, or check out any local trauma center.

Our new posting rules