Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Gear, Survival and Fieldcraft

Old 18 October 2017, 13:30
Confirmed User

Exclamation GPM Kit

Hello All

As you can see I've been a member of this board for a while.
I am a former Marine 0311, I then came back on active duty after a short break in 2002. I spent the majority of my career as a Navy SWCC and worked as a SERE instructor prior to retiring this year. I came up with a new belt design in 2011 filed for a patent in 2014 and was awarded the patent in 2016.

My company is GPM Kit. I have two belt styles. The Combat Applications Belt and the Outdoor Applications Belt.
The belt has no buckle, which is the point. Its strong, stable and no buckle to get in the way. I've had a ton of great feedback and its been tested in combat and training as well as multiple athletes who have used my belts for long distance endurance events. We do well with police/ federal LEO and military. I would appreciate it if guys on this board would take a look at my Facebook page/Website etc..and share. Getting the word out is never easy. I'm just trying to grow the company and spread the word on a good product. If anyone is interested I have MIL/LEO/First responder discounts. Thanks
-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC
Old 18 October 2017, 14:56
incurs freedom

How bout posting links to those pages so folks don't have to search and that sorta thing?
Old 18 October 2017, 15:52
Confirmed User

Gotcha, here are the Links.

https://www.facebook.com/GPMKIT/

https://www.gpmkit.com

Last edited by RGR.Montcalm; 18 October 2017 at 20:54.
Old 18 October 2017, 16:29
Been There Done That

Are you on LinkedIn? Part of The Socnet Group on LinkedIn?

I'll help promote and likely buy too.

Take this semi-constructive and sarcastic criticism with a grain of Salt: One of your models, above, looks kinda hot, you should use more of her. The other, well, the way he? is holding his arms looks a bit, well, you know.... not that is anything wrong with that....
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 18 October 2017, 16:43
Bitter old man.

PM sent.
Old 18 October 2017, 21:40
The atomic zit

Ordered an 1 1/2” wide belt.

Will report back upon arrival.

S
Old 19 October 2017, 22:20
Been There Done That

Why not just buy a Battle Belt?
Old 28 October 2017, 12:29
The atomic zit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR.Montcalm View Post
Why not just buy a Battle Belt?
The battle belt has a plastic clip buckle and I wanted something without a buckle.

Works about like I thought I would. My use will not be load bearing. If that changes, I will report back again.
Old 28 October 2017, 21:31
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
One of your models, above, looks kinda hot, you should use more of her. The other, well, the way he? is holding his arms looks a bit, well, you know.... not that is anything wrong with that....
And thats why marines have name tags on their butts!
Old 11 February 2018, 17:08
Confirmed User

Thanks guys, I got some responses and literally two days after posting this I jumped on a trip to the beautiful gulf states. :/ Anyway,I'm back and I had a few questions about the belt. Please hit me up. The belt has done really well with LEO/Mil. I also have a lot of guys who do OCR/Endurance events wear the belts. Again, just trying to expand the business. Thanks.
Old 11 February 2018, 22:51

Any possibility for a version with a triangle link or heavily stitched loop for snapping a safety tether into for rotary wing playtime? I am not sure what this really offers over a regular belt other than it doesn't have a buckle, but neither does my Bladetech velcro belt or my Arcteryx belt. Not trying to put you on blast, just curious.
Old 12 February 2018, 09:04
Confirmed User

How does the belt work? Unless I missed something, I looked on your website and facebook and saw nothing that told me how it worked. Can it hold any gear?

Winston Churchill

Put a small child in a playpen with an apple and a bunny. If s/he eats the apple and plays with the bunny, s/he's normal;but if s/he eats the bunny and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. Somewhere along the line we must have been TAUGHT to do the wrong thing.

Maynard James Keenan
Old 15 February 2018, 17:14
Confirmed User

To answer your questions...The Combat Applications Belt, which is the two inch belt thats considered the mil/leo/tactical belt has molle type loops that sit on your right and left hip as its worn. Its been used for shooting(sniper rifle on monopod) and carrying everything from a nalgene to climbing equipment The webbing is tacked down with an industrial machine and is extremely strong. I dont have it designed for aircraft use because every time I've ever needed a safety tether, I'm wearing a harness, as most people do. The point is and was to make a strong, light belt with no buckle to cut out the bullshit. I got tired of velcro wearing out, scrubbing rust off my buckles(maritime environment) and having a belt buckle hang on gear and stab me in the stomach.

Search GPM Kit on youtube and there is a basic wear and use video there. Its a very unique product which is what allowed me to ge the patent for the belts design. It suits some people very well, others not so much. Here is a review from an endurance athlete I just received... I’ve had my belt for a couple of years now, and have worn it for some hilariously foolish events . . . it worked perfectly each time, all the time.

And by “worked” I mean continues to work.

Bottom line, GPM Kit belts work better than advertised, is simple to use, comfy as fuck and tough as balls.

Pretty straightforward. Like I'm sure most of us on here are.
Old 1 March 2018, 07:54
Bitter old man.

I'm really liking the outdoor belt so far.
Very comfortable and secure. One can undo it pretty quick for the emergency run to the toliet.
Old 14 March 2018, 21:23
Confirmed User

Hahaha, GPC, its not too surprising how much I hear the question about using the bathroom once people see the belt. I explain its like anything, you learn how to use it, and its muscle memory. Easy. It would awesome if you went to our Facebook page and added a review. Its always appreciated when people post reviews.https://www.facebook.com/GPMKIT/
Old 23 March 2018, 15:02
Bitter old man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRENDEL View Post
Hahaha, GPC, its not too surprising how much I hear the question about using the bathroom once people see the belt. I explain its like anything, you learn how to use it, and its muscle memory. Easy. It would awesome if you went to our Facebook page and added a review. Its always appreciated when people post reviews.https://www.facebook.com/GPMKIT/
Sorry buddy, don't do Facefuck. I'm having fun trying alternative things with it.
Old 30 March 2018, 15:50
Confirmed User

No problem. If you get a chance post a couple pics of you using the belt. I would like to know what you think, I always appreciate input and peoples opinions. I just sent a box out to some guys in Iraq. I'm happy they're getting to see some action. And on a side note Keanu Reeves ordered one about 2 weeks ago. That was a bit amusing sending that off.
Old 31 March 2018, 00:11
Divides by zero

^ Ask Mr Reeves for a review and picture of him using your products. It can be a game changer. Good luck!
Old 7 May 2018, 10:37
Bitter old man.

I have used the belt as an improvised sling. Worked good and looked extra-Tacticool.

Our new posting rules