SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Gear, Survival and Fieldcraft

Old 27 July 2015, 10:11
Bitter old man.

I also like the MOLLE system he uses.
Old 27 July 2015, 10:57
Shovel Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
The Kryptek really holds up well and the pattern is spot on.

I sent LP a pic maybe he can post it?
This-un?

Old 27 July 2015, 11:32
Bitter old man.

That is the one.
Old 31 July 2015, 11:11
Weaponized Pimphand

The owner is very fast to answer emails and is very friendly. I haven't ordered anything yet, but so far customer service seems top-notch.

Karma is a bitch, and I am wet with her kisses
Old 31 July 2015, 13:11
Shovel Whisperer

Anyone contacting me from here use tom@2aholster for email. I'm a stickler on other peoples privacy.

And make sure to let me know you're a SOCnet'r.
Even though I don't post to the donation thread, I give a percent of sales realized thru SOCnet to the admin acct. So another good reason to let me know your a member here.

And just FYI, I do this full time. I have no other job. So it's live or die by my own hand.

Thanks for the continued support!
Old 14 August 2015, 14:06
Authorized Personnel

I ordered the "Standard Bearer" pancake holster for a Glock 21 about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Tom was very quick to respond to my questions and I had the holster in-hand in a little over a week. I've worn the holster for several days at work and am very impressed. It keeps the pistol very close in and concealable, even with a G21. It's also very supportive and doesn't roll the belt out or drag the waist of the pants down as much as most of my other holsters. This has quickly become my favorite holster for concealing my G21. I plan to order another holster, for the pistol and light here in the near future. Good gear, great customer service. I'm very impressed.
Old 14 August 2015, 15:09
Weaponized Pimphand

My 'battle belt' custom (my belt has two rows of MOLLE vs three, so it's hard to work a holster on - OEM anyway) kryptek camo holster is in the mail to me now.

I have to say, working with Tom has been a breath of fresh air in an industry of folks who make kydex holsters and who don't know what customer service is...

Just from the pictures I can see that he doesn't just make holsters, he is an artisan.

I can't wait to hold the finished product in my hand... I'll post pictures when I get it, of course.

Old 14 August 2015, 15:14
Bitter old man.

I tend to run a lot of rounds when I shoot.
And my guns get hot have not had a issue with the kydex melting or deforming the holster.

I have burnt my leg though.
Old 14 August 2015, 16:45
Shovel Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
I tend to run a lot of rounds when I shoot.
And my guns get hot have not had a issue with the kydex melting or deforming the holster.

I have burnt my leg though.
And your purdy hands :)

Old 14 August 2015, 16:51
Shovel Whisperer

Great Report Medic 4070! Thanks for that!!

And Alex, I made a mistake and showed Wifey your belt. . .$$
Seriously though, That is a nice belt.
Old 14 August 2015, 18:35
Aww F**K it

I've been running a IWB for my Glock 17 for about 2 weeks. Top notch construction, perfect fit and super comfortable. The holster fit is perfect and retention is secure. Great product. I wore it today with a pair of board shorts to run to the store.

For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4
Old 14 August 2015, 19:14
Shovel Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsUp View Post
I've been running a IWB for my Glock 17 for about 2 weeks. Top notch construction, perfect fit and super comfortable. The holster fit is perfect and retention is secure. Great product. I wore it today with a pair of board shorts to run to the store.
Thank you for the update. I just (have to) assume everyone is happy with their gear unless they tell me otherwise.

JAFO doesn't count; see this thread

Though I didn't tell you, I wanted a report from you. I changed Kydex on my IWB from .060 to .080
After using .060 for some time, I couldn't find joy with it. It's easier to work with and all that, but I felt the .080 has just the right amount of stiffness to make me feel like it works.

Thanks you and glad to hear it works for you Sir!
Old 14 August 2015, 21:53
Aww F**K it

It works great! I showed it to my BIL yesterday. I think he is going to order one soon. Can you do a M&P Shield?

For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4
Old 15 August 2015, 00:20
Shovel Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsUp View Post
It works great! I showed it to my BIL yesterday. I think he is going to order one soon. Can you do a M&P Shield?
Yessir. Be glad to. Thank you very much.
Old 15 August 2015, 09:08
Bitter old man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by litepath View Post
And your purdy hands :)

That was a G30 vs Wilson CQB day lol.

Result=Tie.
Old 17 August 2015, 15:55
Weaponized Pimphand

Quote:
Originally Posted by litepath View Post

And Alex, I made a mistake and showed Wifey your belt. . .$$
Seriously though, That is a nice belt.
I got it used, or I wouldn't have been able to, haha!

Old 17 August 2015, 17:33
Newbie shooter

I have a long term wear report on 2AHolsters.

I believe I have one of the first generation pancakes and IWB holsters. I also have a newer pancake (for when I put the light on the pistol) and a newer one that attaches to my battle belt.

I have to say, other than some of the screws coming a big loose - I haven't had any issues - even with the first generation ones. All are still going strong.

I wear my M&P 9c pancake holster under my suit all day long and totally forget its there. It conforms perfectly to my hip, while letting me move it around depending on what Im doing and if I want it closer to my front or back.

Check the screws every now and then, but otherwise. A+

- Local
Old 17 August 2015, 20:42
Policeman Officer

Try a little blue loctite?
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 17 August 2015, 22:12
Weaponized Pimphand

Tom did a fantastic job. The holster fit and finish are perfect. I plan to buy a couple of OWB style pancakes soon.

Tom, consider adding a thumbsnap

Old 18 August 2015, 09:22
Shovel Whisperer

Alex, Glad you're pleased. Thank you for taking the time & expense for sending your belt to me.
I bought a Level II thumb actuated retention lever/thumb-break recently and that style holster is one it would work on. I haven't tried it yet, but need to.

Our new posting rules