SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 16 August 2017, 15:13
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
but the prices seem fair for the mod'd complete pistols.
I cant get to their website because i am at work but arn't their completed Glocks Gen3?

One nut in the ground!

Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.
Old 16 August 2017, 18:27
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
I cant get to their website because i am at work but arn't their completed Glocks Gen3?
Both Gen3 and 4.
Old 16 April 2018, 09:26
Shovel Whisperer

Icon5 Zev Slides & Polymer 80 Lower

Anyone have ANY info on the above; Zev Slides & Polymer 80 lower for Glock 19?

Will they fit into a holster made for the Standard G-19?

Any and all info, especially personal experience will help.

TIA
Old 17 April 2018, 07:56
Shovel Whisperer

Anyone?
Old 17 April 2018, 19:57
Confirmed User

LP,
Only ever handled one Zev slide. It was on a Gen 3 G19 frame and fit all the holsters we had for our 19. I'll ask about the polymer 80 tomorrow. Have a buddy that's all into them.
Old 17 April 2018, 21:45
Shovel Whisperer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoChai View Post
LP,
Only ever handled one Zev slide. It was on a Gen 3 G19 frame and fit all the holsters we had for our 19. I'll ask about the polymer 80 tomorrow. Have a buddy that's all into them.
Perfeckt!
Old 18 April 2018, 10:26
Animal Tamer

My Daily Carry G19.

This is my daily carry Gen4 G19 MOS. There are still several things I want to do to it. I want a grip reduction, undercut and stippling. I'm also interested in a new trigger but not sure which way to go. Wherever I send it I don't want it gone long so that's a major factor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G19 04-18.jpg (63.3 KB, 115 views)
Old 18 April 2018, 12:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by litepath View Post
Anyone have ANY info on the above; Zev Slides & Polymer 80 lower for Glock 19?

Will they fit into a holster made for the Standard G-19?

Any and all info, especially personal experience will help.

TIA
Most will not. I think it is because the trigger guard is wider on the P80. I've got a 19 and a 17 with Zev uppers. The only holster that I have that will fit it well is my IWB holster made by TTAC USA. Bladetech and Safariland ALS will not fit my P80 19 with ZEV upper.
Old 18 April 2018, 12:42

Also, I have a Raven OWB light bearing holster that the 17 will fit in, but not very well.
Old 18 April 2018, 12:55
Shovel Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittbulldogVA View Post
Most will not. I think it is because the trigger guard is wider on the P80. I've got a 19 and a 17 with Zev uppers. The only holster that I have that will fit it well is my IWB holster made by TTAC USA. Bladetech and Safariland ALS will not fit my P80 19 with ZEV upper.
Great info.

Would you measure that trigger guard width for me and post it here?
Old 18 April 2018, 14:18

It is .675" wide. The only other thing I have to compare it to is a Lone Wolf,frame, which did fit Glock holsters. That measures at .6".
Old 18 April 2018, 14:23
Shovel Whisperer

Thumbs up

Thanks!
Old 18 April 2018, 16:09

No problem.
Old 18 April 2018, 16:39
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckMarshal View Post
This is my daily carry Gen4 G19 MOS. There are still several things I want to do to it. I want a grip reduction, undercut and stippling. I'm also interested in a new trigger but not sure which way to go. Wherever I send it I don't want it gone long so that's a major factor.
I highly recommend Damato's Custom Stippling in Sierra Vista, AZ. He's a one-man shop, so he is not always accepting new work, depending on his backlog. He's done three Glocks and a Sig P320 for me. Great work, good prices, and a fast turn-around.
Old 18 April 2018, 21:00
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
You can start the grip reduction by getting rid of the larger backstrap you have affixed.

I haven't done a grip reduction, but I've done my own stippling and undercuts. I'm one of the least handy people I know, but I didn't have a hard time figuring it out. A soldering iron and Dremel, along with some medium and fine grit sandpaper and patience were all that's needed.

"Butch up, prom queen"
-Wench
Old 18 April 2018, 21:46
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believeraz View Post
You can start the grip reduction by getting rid of the larger backstrap you have affixed.

I haven't done a grip reduction, but I've done my own stippling and undercuts. I'm one of the least handy people I know, but I didn't have a hard time figuring it out. A soldering iron and Dremel, along with some medium and fine grit sandpaper and patience were all that's needed.

What he said. Borrow a Glock from Agoge and experiment with his gun first then do yours... LOL
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 18 April 2018, 22:04
Animal Tamer

I said grip reduction but was actually referring to removing the finger grooves. I actually like the beaver tail backstrap. You would think Agoge would send me a Glock or two after I did all his book work for him in the academy years ago. Sharky you know how Marines are with books, paper and tests...
Old 18 April 2018, 22:07
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
I said grip reduction but was actually referring to removing the finger grooves. I actually like the beaver tail backstrap. You would think Agoge would send me a Glock or two after I did all his book work for him in the academy years ago. Sharky you know how Marines are with books, paper and tests...
You are correct sir! Indeed you did and I am grateful for the assistance. But, you have to admit, I did a lot better once they allowed me to use my Crayons for the written tests.

As things are, I am actually in the process of buying my service weapon for when I retire. I'm also buying my two revolvers they initially issued to us. Remember those...we were the last academy to get them.
Old 18 April 2018, 23:13
Rocket Surgeon

You can easily remove the finger grooves with a Dremel, just go a little at a time. If you go ham and fuck it up royally, a replacement frame from Glock is still cheaper (+/-$150) than sending it to a frame-mod shop to stipple it and remove the grips.

Just go slowly, remove (or stipple) a little at a time, and don't work with distractions like the TV going. With stippling, don't press hard, go a little at a time. The box your Glock came in is a great surface to practice different stippling textures and techniques with a wood burner or soldering iron.

"Butch up, prom queen"
-Wench
Old 18 April 2018, 23:59
Animal Tamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
You are correct sir! Indeed you did and I am grateful for the assistance. But, you have to admit, I did a lot better once they allowed me to use my Crayons for the written tests.

As things are, I am actually in the process of buying my service weapon for when I retire. I'm also buying my two revolvers they initially issued to us. Remember those...we were the last academy to get them.
I begged them to let me buy mine when i left and they wouldn’t. 686 and 66. I miss them.

Our new posting rules