SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Gear, Survival and Fieldcraft

Old 31 May 2016, 19:36
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryeric View Post
Try the Lem's. Sounds like they're made for your feet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poison View Post
Fuck it, I just ordered lem's boulders. I went to run after standing for 8 hours yesterday. I run in vibrams, and my feet hurt so bad. I normally have no foot pain while running. Unacceptable, dress code be damned. I'm just gonna wear em and see if I get busted.
Been wearing those Lem's since those posts, 8-14 hrs a day, standing outside (no breaks), 5 days a week. The black cordura is faded from the sun, and scuffed in places, but not worn through; the sole wore pretty well. All in all they are outstanding boots. I wore them in the snow, and as long as I was in powder, I was warm and dry. I wore them once in extended, heavy rain, and they sucked bad, but that's to be expected. On the beach? No sand in my boots. Hiking? No problem. With jeans, khakis, tactical wear? They're a little bit odd, but fairly unnoticeable, and sometimes even look cool.

Fuck all that, though. My feet don't hurt with the super long hours standing. After a 14hr day, my feet are tired and sore, but not from being smashed in some shitbox of a boot, just from doing work all day. No back/knee pain, no achilles issues (which some boots cause for me), nothing.

Best boots ever, I recommend for light (non-ruck, civilian) use. Just bought my second pair, brown this time. My boss didn't say a word today when I rolled in with em.
Old 17 June 2016, 14:20
Un-confirmed User

Early father's day present from the boy. A pair of Cody James Harness boots.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016-06-17 13.18.30.jpg (14.9 KB, 373 views)
Old 14 May 2018, 10:58
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison View Post
Been wearing those Lem's since those posts, 8-14 hrs a day, standing outside (no breaks), 5 days a week. The black cordura is faded from the sun, and scuffed in places, but not worn through; the sole wore pretty well. All in all they are outstanding boots. I wore them in the snow, and as long as I was in powder, I was warm and dry. I wore them once in extended, heavy rain, and they sucked bad, but that's to be expected. On the beach? No sand in my boots. Hiking? No problem. With jeans, khakis, tactical wear? They're a little bit odd, but fairly unnoticeable, and sometimes even look cool.

Fuck all that, though. My feet don't hurt with the super long hours standing. After a 14hr day, my feet are tired and sore, but not from being smashed in some shitbox of a boot, just from doing work all day. No back/knee pain, no achilles issues (which some boots cause for me), nothing.

Best boots ever, I recommend for light (non-ruck, civilian) use. Just bought my second pair, brown this time. My boss didn't say a word today when I rolled in with em.
I've now run through two pairs of the all leather ones. I've been out in some rain and heavy mud for 12hrs stints, and despite the toe seam, they keep my feet dry as long as I don't submerge them in water.

Anyone tried the Altama Maritime?

https://altama.com/products/altama-m...-assault-mid-1
Old 3 June 2018, 10:11

I have the 'low' version of these. The mids were out of stock when I was shopping, although that is what I originally wanted.

I'm still breaking them in, so I'm not sure if anything I say will be true in xyz amount of time. First impressions? They look good. I was in a downpoor the second time I wore them and they held up well. I wasn't in it long enough to be drenched all the way through though, and I wasn't hopping around in puddles. I'm not sure how well they would work for some fast footwork situations though (e.g., running) because they are flat on the bottom. The insoles are some kind of rubberish material. Very grippy, which is a little odd at first, and may be a little rough on socks or feet? The bottom feels like they would grip the slippery surfaces when soaked, which has some value in itself. When they were wet I walked through a lobby and had much better traction than with any of my hiking shoes/boots/regular shoes by a significant margin.
Old 3 June 2018, 11:34
Confirmed User

Cool, sounds promising! I mostly wear barefoot style shoes, so flat is great for me.
Old 6 June 2018, 07:05
Bitter old man.

I'm wearing Lems primal and the Boulder boots. Really like them very comfy. Though they are not the best if you have to stand on concrete for long periods. Great for hiking and other outdoor activity.
Old 14 June 2018, 16:07
Confirmed User

Boulder boots are awesome. I wear them 5 days a week at work, and they'll be worn out by the end of this year (2 years daily wear).
Old 1 August 2018, 09:52
Confirmed User

Picked up a pair of the Under Armour Raider boot. I have a narrow foot and these were the only ones that fit well enough. Tried everything at REI, Cabelas and other shops but they did not have my size in Lowa or even Asolo. I had a coupon for UA for $40 so took a shot on these.

I have about 20 miles in them under with a 30lb pack.

Light boot, waterproof and breathes well. Little break in time. Good over broken ground, packed trail and mud. No issues with going up a grade. Feel it on the front of your foot going downhill. BOA lacing system is good. You can certainly get them adjusted quickly with one hand, which is handy when bending over with a pack.

Will see how they hold up with the rest of the hiking season ahead.

ďTyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.Ē
― Thomas Jefferson
Old 4 August 2018, 17:16
Been There Done That

Just got a pair of Lems Bolder boots, all leather, about a week ago. Maybe itís because Iím wearing 48s, but that toe box makes them feel like Iím in Frankensteinís boots. They look clunky. And I was concerned about the leather quality, based on their dull, flat appearance. One coat of polish is making them clean up nicely. My pair has a touch of color disparity between the pieces of each boot. The cotton inner liner makes me wonder about itís durability too. Two years of daily wear speaks pretty well for them I guess.

But damn theyíre comfy. And light, and look like they pack small.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical and radical minority, rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Our new posting rules