SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Gear, Survival and Fieldcraft

Old 11 February 2002, 11:21
Confirmed User

Thanks.

Whiskey - Which Raicles?
Old 11 February 2002, 13:09
whisky8
Visitor

"Group" has been issuing Raichles for years now. Great boots, I've done some serious long range movements without a single blister. Check out the link below, the YATNA II GTX look like what I had been issued...

http://www.raichle.com/E/outdoor/products/f_hard.htm
Old 12 February 2002, 14:27
Confirmed User

Thanks you guys.

I am headed to SFAS in April and wondering if those Raichles are acceptable boots, or if it is best to use jungles as to not stand out.
Old 12 February 2002, 14:52
whisky8
Visitor

Raichles would definately be a no-go. Check with the SF recruiters first before packing any non-standard boots to SFAS...
Old 12 February 2002, 17:18
Confirmed User

Ya, that is about what I figured.

Thanks
Old 14 February 2002, 10:22
canibal_1
Visitor

Thumbs up Danners

I`ve owned Danners and they were awesome , but like it was previously mentioned they could use a sole with a bit more grip for the bush and they can get really hot quick in warm environment. I could explain in more detail why I like the danners but in the end I guess it boils down to your personal tastes/needs.....
Old 18 February 2002, 16:30
Mad Slasher

Hey speaking of Raichles, I've got a pair that I love, but I hate, absolutely HATE the lace up clips on the uppers of most hiking boots that they have. I always seem to either catch a lace, cord, stick, you name it, on the lace up hooks. Anyone know of a way around this?
Old 20 February 2002, 22:14
whisky8
Visitor

100 MPH tape...
Old 23 February 2002, 08:42
Probationary User

Thumbs down

Stay away from the Rocky Alphas, they suck! Several guys on my team (Urban PD SWAT) have bought them and they fall apart quickly. Some of the guys who bought them gave them away after a week as they claimed they hurt their feet. I would stay away from the Hi-Tech boots for anything but urban areas. Not enough ankle support for long rucks with heavy loads. Good luck at SFAS, hope this helps.
Old 27 February 2002, 16:47
Airedale
Visitor

Any ideas where I can find the Raichle boots in the US? I looked on their web-page and they have a listing for Denver with an 800m number that has been dis-connected.

Regards and thanks for any help.
Old 27 February 2002, 18:28
Confirmed User

Airedale,
Contact Life link International, in regards to Raichle boots. I think they're one of the few dealers in N.A. who carry these boots!
www.life-link.com
Bill
Old 2 March 2002, 08:57
whisky8
Visitor

Bill,
I love back-country skiing, but I think Airedale is looking for a dealer of the Raichle hiking boots, not the moutaineering boots. I did a quick search myself and did not find much. Local outfitters in your area may know where to locate them if you're really interested in them. Shoot the folks at Moutain Chalet an e-mail, they should know...

http://www.mtnchalet.com/index.html
Old 4 March 2002, 10:59
Probationary User

Need help finding desert boots

I am looking for a couple of pairs of hig quality desert boots, I have seen what appear to be Bellevilles in some pictures but can not find a place to buy them. I would be thank ful for any input as to what some of you recommend as I have never worn any. Thanks
Old 4 March 2002, 11:59
Airedale
Visitor

Boots

Whisky8,

Thanks for the clarification and web recommendation. I am looking for the Hiking Boots and not the Ski boots.

Regards.
Old 4 March 2002, 12:00
Choir Practice Ready

Try US Cav, Ranger Joes or Brigade Quartermaster. You will end up paying through the nose for them, but they are a great boot. After you break them in you will be "friends" for life.

I've got a set that will be going to the gulf for a 4th time, so durability isn't in question with those.

As for manufacturers, Bellville is one of the government contractors that makes them. I'm almost positive Bates makes them as well, but I'm not certain. There are others, but I don't know the names right off hand.

If you do buy them, don't get the cheap "Official US Spec" knockoffs you see every once in a while. Go with the original.

"The future doesn't belong to the fainthearted; it belongs to the brave." President Ronald Reagan.
Old 4 March 2002, 18:02
Probationary User

Thanks, I have seen the ones advertised from Altma but I have never been impressed with the standard green/black ones from them. I have the current black ones from Belleville and have been pleased, I ordered them from a USMC uniform sales, but I can't seem to find any desert ones. I am currently in a reserve unit but the local uniform sales of course don't have any thing. I last checked at Great LAkes two weeks ago. I will keep trying thanks. I see your an SP, I was active duty SP from 81-85, spent 12 months at Incirlik. Becareful over there. RK
Old 6 March 2002, 20:32
whisky8
Visitor

Ronin,
FYI, desert boots are comfortable to wear and they keep your feet much cooler than any black boot. The one drawback to desert boots is they wear-out very quicky being designed for a desert environment they have very soft soles that don't last long against the pavement...
Old 7 March 2002, 10:37
Probationary User

Thanks for the info, I ordered a pair from ranger joes, but they are Altama, I don't think they are offical issue, I would like to find a pair of the regular issue ones but I have only found the Altamas. I checked at us elite gear, but they could not tell me who made the ones they sell. Cav and Quartermasters all are Altamas. If you have any idea where I might be able to find some that would be helpful. I would like to get some before I getted called up, as I have been told it is only a matter of time. Thanks again for your input. RK
Old 28 March 2002, 16:00
Probationary User

Called Up

Quote:
Originally posted by ronin_13769
I would like to get some before I getted called up, as I have been told it is only a matter of time.
You will get official issue WHEN your unit IS called up.
Old 8 April 2002, 20:25
Doc
Visitor

Thumbs up Clark's Boot Repair

If anyone at Bragg needs their Boot's repaired/resoled/whatever check out Clark's Boot repair on Yadkin Road.

Mr Clark is a retired Warrant Officer out of the 82nd and he's one honest and hardworking man.

Not trying to advertise for him, just trying to save some other folks some money and get some great service to boot, no pun intended.

No I'm not getting a kick back. lol.

Take care.

Our new posting rules