Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 12 February 2018, 13:48
Authorized Personnel

Best thing this weekend was when my college student daughter said that she missed us and wanted to spend some time together as a family. It made my heart swell knowing that we did it right, that she values family. We sat around the table together last night and enjoyed a great meal and then went to church together.

Best day in a long time.

"OK, so we can agree you've been drinking. Now I know you've had at least 2, the first one and the last one, but now we need to figure out how many there were in between."-Me, I-35
Old 12 February 2018, 16:03
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotHead View Post
Best thing this weekend was when my college student daughter said that she missed us and wanted to spend some time together as a family. It made my heart swell knowing that we did it right, that she values family. We sat around the table together last night and enjoyed a great meal and then went to church together.
Funny....I had almost the exact same experience this weekend. We took our college freshman home-for-the-weekend daughter with us to a dog breeder we are thinking about getting a pup from....she played on the floor with 20 bulldog puppies, giggling and smiling the whole time....told us that was the most fun she had in months, just "being with mom and dad and puppies". I was beaming.

SGT A/1/75 86-89
Ranger Class 13-87

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children will have peace." - Thomas Paine
Old 12 February 2018, 17:07
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
Funny....I had almost the exact same experience this weekend. We took our college freshman home-for-the-weekend daughter with us to a dog breeder we are thinking about getting a pup from....she played on the floor with 20 bulldog puppies, giggling and smiling the whole time....told us that was the most fun she had in months, just "being with mom and dad and puppies". I was beaming.
Sounds like the perfect day DH. I'm glad our girls still wanna hang out with us.

"OK, so we can agree you've been drinking. Now I know you've had at least 2, the first one and the last one, but now we need to figure out how many there were in between."-Me, I-35
Old 12 February 2018, 18:12
Confirmed User

Quote:
told us that was the most fun she had in months, just "being with mom and dad and puppies"
I found out a while ago that the simple things like just being and playing with one's family are some of the most rich and fulfilling ways to feel good, feel complete, feel being in the right place.
In this modern, superconnected, hyperfast world I do believe that we sometimes chase the nebulous "fun" while forgetting that it's just there, near us, ready to be seen and appreciated.
Old 13 February 2018, 09:13
On the Extract Bird

Reading anything about Duterte. Seriously this guy knows how to troll.

Philippines' Duterte orders female communist fighters shot in the genitals, reports say

Quote:
“Tell the soldiers, ‘There’s a new order coming from the mayor,'” Duterte, a former mayor, told an audience of approximately 200 former rebels in Malacañang. “We won’t kill you. We will just shoot your vagina.’”

“If there is no vagina, it would be useless,”
Duterte added to laughter from the crowd, according to local reports.
Old 13 February 2018, 10:27
Drawing my cutlass

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
Reading anything about Duterte. Seriously this guy knows how to troll.

Philippines' Duterte orders female communist fighters shot in the genitals, reports say
Bet there’s a bounty on Duterte’s penis now.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Quote:
In Special Forces we had a saying: "Work hard in silence, let your success do the talking."

Tracy
Old 13 February 2018, 18:43
RIP Cass and SOTB

Graduating a training class that was originally scheduled for 16 weeks that lasted 7 months and 18 days due to unforseen circumstances with the company. Lots of time and effort paying off. Being able to better provide for my family and serve my country in another capacity outside the military is awesome!
Old 15 February 2018, 18:31
RIP Cass and SOTB

Shooting a m134D minigun.
Old 15 February 2018, 21:29
Social Claymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGA_11B View Post
Shooting a m134D minigun.
"Seek medical help for an erection lasting longer than 4 hours"

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 15 February 2018, 22:21
RIP Cass and SOTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebean54 View Post
"Seek medical help for an erection lasting longer than 4 hours"
Definitely one of the coolest things I've ever done. Mostly 1 second bursts. But I did get to let off a 10 second burst and it was awesome.

Freedom boner achieved
Old 18 February 2018, 06:53
Been There Done That

The Daytona 500 today at 2:30 est.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist

Our new posting rules