SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 21 December 2018, 20:02
Freelancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
I'm impressed with the number of posters on this site who have government jobs (contractor or otherwise) while also claiming the government is a bunch of incompetent, thieving, corrupt, conspiring buffoons. For those willing to speak up, if you believe the government is so evil, why don't you resign your position and go work on the economy?
Then post counts would drop.
X-thread points!

I joined GOA yesterday. I emailed the NRA and told them to convince me to stay a member. No reply, that tells me something.

Last edited by GPC; 21 December 2018 at 20:08.
Old 22 December 2018, 02:08

Just think of what could be accomplished If good people actually made it into enough key positions of power during a pivotal moment(s). That bloodless principled return to actual constitutional values maybe could perhaps have a fleeting snowballs chance in hell to occur.

Quote:
For those willing to speak up, if you believe the government is so evil, why don't you resign your position and go work on the economy?
Old 22 December 2018, 08:44
Administrator

Quote:
I'm impressed with the number of posters on this site who have government jobs (contractor or otherwise) while also claiming the government is a bunch of incompetent, thieving, corrupt, conspiring buffoons. For those willing to speak up, if you believe the government is so evil, why don't you resign your position and go work on the economy?
Maybe like leftists who infiltrated and helped ruin our gov, they're trying to fight from the inside?
Old 22 December 2018, 08:48
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
Just think of what could be accomplished If good people actually made it into enough key positions of power during a pivotal moment(s). That bloodless principled return to actual constitutional values maybe could perhaps have a fleeting snowballs chance in hell to occur.
Bill Binney, when asked what could be done about an out-of-control surveillance state:

"Infiltrate"
Old 22 December 2018, 10:34
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
Maybe like leftists who infiltrated and helped ruin our gov, they're trying to fight from the inside?
While I'm all in favor of your uncharacteristic optimism , I don't think any of the posters I'm referring to are going to be SES-2s or assistant departmental secretaries any time soon. And if they were truly infiltrating the federal government, they'd be keeping their mouth shut waiting for their day, not lambasting the buffoons publicly.
Old 22 December 2018, 10:40
Shakin' the bush Boss

It's cool anytime you get to use lambasting in a sentence.

The leftists are patient and unrelenting. I despise their message, but admire their tenacity and dedication.
Old 22 December 2018, 11:07
Administrator

Quote:
While I'm all in favor of your uncharacteristic optimism , I don't think any of the posters I'm referring to are going to be SES-2s or assistant departmental secretaries any time soon. And if they were truly infiltrating the federal government, they'd be keeping their mouth shut waiting for their day, not lambasting the buffoons publicly.
Or hiding in plain sight.
Old 22 December 2018, 11:44
I reckon so. . .

Lambasting. It's what you do while cooking your lamb, right?
Old 22 December 2018, 15:02
Ghey floor sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by litepath View Post
Lambasting. It's what you do while cooking your lamb, right?
I thought it referred to what Wyoming sheepherders in Star Valley did with lambs to pass the long winter nights.
Old 22 December 2018, 22:21
Confirmed User

Quote:
I did resign...in disgust. I even ran for Federal Election, (got 3% of the vote!).

Now I just work to provide for my family, in a 3rd-world-pillaging mine. Feels more honest.
Old 23 December 2018, 10:23
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofear View Post
I did resign...in disgust. I even ran for Federal Election, (got 3% of the vote!).

Now I just work to provide for my family, in a 3rd-world-pillaging mine. Feels more honest.
Good on you :thumbsup:
Old 23 December 2018, 11:32
Another pool cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofear View Post

I understand your previous posts better.

Good on you.
Old 9 January 2019, 22:22
Did...did I do that?

FASTER Training for armed teachers

Here's an article at GQ about Ohio teachers going through FASTER Saves Lives training to be certified to carry at school. Not a bad piece, despite the opening banner art. The writer talks with several of the teachers, and I think goes through the training themselves, rather than just observing.

The main issue I've got with the training, if the story is accurate, is that it trains teachers to run to the gunfire, which I'm not thrilled with. The closing scenario illustrates why, when several teachers shoot the kid who's just trying to secure the gun until the cops get there. Unless the armed teachers are marked in a quickly identifiable way to the cops, I don't think it's a good idea for them to be doing anything except securing their kids.

I've heard really good things about TDI though, and Buckeye Firearms is, I think, better than a "miniature, Ohio-bound clone of the NRA." They and Ohioans For Concealed Carry didn't always see eye-to-eye on some details, but IIRC, they worked with OFCC pretty well.
Old 9 January 2019, 22:48
The Sagacious One

We have trained several hundred teachers to shoot across North Texas. We deliberately talked the administrators out of the Man Hunting Business. We spent many hours on the phone (SWAT and SF guys) debating hos to deliver the message. We focus on the statement that just because a teacher uses a fire extinguisher, doesn't make them a fireman. Teachers were trained to clear students from the hall to a position of cover and act as advanced delay features. If the threat approached students or staff, these armed teachers would lock down and only engage if the shooter entered their room or hallway in which they were taking cover. They shot well, especially under stress and they had local, state and federal LEO's dedicated to continue their training. It worked well, the problem is there is no money in it. There needs to be grant money to pay for this and security risk management consulting in order to do it right. Money is the reason schools are not secure.
Old 10 January 2019, 14:12
Freelancer

Still no word from the NRA on why I should renew my membership. Bunch of money hungry cucks.
Old 10 January 2019, 14:28
Been There Done That

Been two years. Where is my 50 state CCW reciprocity?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10 January 2019, 15:29
Calix Meus Inebrians

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
It's right here, alongside the Hearing Protection Act.

Old 10 January 2019, 16:26
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Ha. Thatís not going to happen.
Old 11 January 2019, 08:04
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA View Post
Ha. That’s not going to happen.
Yup. Been sitting in a Republican controlled Senate for over one year.

http://https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/38/all-actions?q=%7B%22search%22%3A%5B%22concealed+carry+ reciprocity+act%22%5D%7D&overview=closed#tabs
Old 11 January 2019, 09:29
exquisitus asinus

Quote:
I think things are the same on the left and the right...

I was doing a little due diligence on a contracting officer we do business with earlier this week.. a GS15 that is definitely fast tracking toward an SES position.. (she is actually a pretty good contracting officer.. smart, hard working, reasonably fair, etc.. albeit difficult to work with at times)..

She is clearly not a fan of the government.. especially the current administration..

her twitter account has posts (using her real name and a close up pic of her face.. so she isnt trying to hide who she is at all).. where she celebrates the resignation of key government officials.. proclaims the alt-right to be a "dick face".. etc..

on more than one occasion she has gone on public rants in front of representatives from multiple contracting companies about the incompetence of her colleagues, their laziness, lack of knowledge, etc..

Sadly, every time she has done this, I have agreed with her.. the people she is frustrated with have earned her wrath.. they are in fact lazy, incompetent, lack critical knowledge, etc..

but.. to the earlier point.. while it is clear she thinks the government sucks.. she isnt going anywhere... (and she is a very hard core leftist..)..

Our new posting rules