Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 1 February 2018, 11:13
#BlackRiflesMatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
How dare he! It always upsets me when a President of the USA uses the term America. So offensive to nonAmericans.
Not only that...he didn't say Russia at all. Ha!
Old 1 February 2018, 13:10
Been There Done That

I'm actually curious and couldn't find an answer to a simple question. Why is the President introduced as the President of the United States instead of the President of the United States of America?

US versus the USA... America seems to be a derisive term/name to many for some reason.
Old 1 February 2018, 13:16
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post

...but sure, Lady Liberty has been triggered. THAT is the state of our union according to leftist, democratic political hucksters.
Triggered. Such a weird word that has dominated our lexicon the past few years. Perhaps if our teenagers stopped chewing on Tide detergents packs they'd be better prepared for the harshness of the real world. (They'll be voting in the next presidential election by the way.)

I can't even keep up with the triggered movement. Apparently a professor at Michigan State has come against Yoga because Americans who practice Yoga contribute to white supremacy.

Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!
Old 1 February 2018, 13:17
BTDT

That may be reading a little deep into the matter. I have seen, heard, and used POTUS for as long as I can remember. I cant remember a time when it was POTUSA or when folks made a specific effort to throw "America" onto the end.
It seems like it is only an issue now because someone has decided to MAKE it an issue.
Who knows - my memory isn't what it used to be so who knows, my memory isn't what it used to be.
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 1 February 2018, 13:37
Been There Done That

I never really paid attention to the label but the traditional address when introducing the president is to not use the formal job title. I just found it odd.
Old 1 February 2018, 14:16
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Why POTUS and not POTUSOA

Hawaii becoming a state in 1959 was the big sticking point. Is it in North America? If not, is it one of the United States of America? If Guam, Puerto Rico, and Samoa decide to become states instead of territories, does that mean we must redefine where North America is or drop the whole of America from the name? Even as territories, POTUS is still the supreme executive federal authority over them. Therefore, POTUS is the President over places that are nowhere close to North America - even all the way on the far side of the planet. Putting of America after the title President of the United States actually appears to limit or denigrate his rightful authority over places outside the continent.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 1 February 2018, 14:21
#BlackRiflesMatter

I asked this exact question once to an old "well traveled" First Sergeant. His answer was that it pisses people off from the other "Americas" when the US talks like we are the only "Americans" in the world. (South, Central America, etc.)

It's even more ironic that we get full credit for being the "Ugly Americans" worldwide because of our perceived arrogance.

Fuck 'em. I'm sick of political correctness. U.S.A. MF's.

Last edited by Tycon; 1 February 2018 at 14:27.
Old 1 February 2018, 14:32
Confirmed User

Here's the State of our Union .....Michigan Democratic Rep. Brenda Lawrence tapped her way through Candy Crush during Tuesday's State of the Union Address....and you got others on their cell phones....ASSHATS!!

But somehow, I'm not surprised.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ate-Union.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg candy crush.jpg (46.8 KB, 322 views)
Old 1 February 2018, 15:11
killjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macka View Post
How the Congressional Black Caucus doesn't applaud at record employment numbers for black Americans, and Trumps announcement of a prison reform which will largely effect blacks, is insane.
The democrats didn't stand for low unemployment because they know the poor people are rising up and will no longer "need" the .gov, and therefore no longer need to vote democrat. We are brewing future conservatives with every minority that gets a good job, buys a house, settles down with his family.
Old 1 February 2018, 15:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19MIKE View Post
Here's the State of our Union .....Michigan Democratic Rep. Brenda Lawrence tapped her way through Candy Crush during Tuesday's State of the Union Address...
Like all Democrats that night, she probably lost.

Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!
Old 1 February 2018, 15:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Look. Don'tTouch. View Post
The democrats didn't stand for low unemployment because they know the poor people are rising up and will no longer "need" the .gov, and therefore no longer need to vote democrat.
I didn't see it but I am told not one member of the Black Caucus stood when it was announced by POTUS that 2017 was the lowest unemployment numbers among blacks and Latinos since they've been these keeping records. Wow.

Old 1 February 2018, 16:11
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Pretty funny comment from an online report of Luis Gutierrez walking out of the speech on Tuesday night.

He got out of there faster than a Kennedy running from a drunken car crash
Old 1 February 2018, 18:07
Sound off for equipment check!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1/ss nuke View Post
...Putting of America after the title President of the United States actually appears to limit or denigrate his rightful authority over places outside the continent.
“United States of America” is used in our Declaration of Independence and our Constitution. The wording in the Preamble provides the transition from being “the United States” to “the United States of America.”

Some might argue the need for stretching out that title to “the United States of America and Pacifica,” but that could lead to the burdensome and verbose lengths we see common in the titles of monarchies.

USA is fine.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.” ~Patrick Henry

"Sēlre bið æghwæm þæt hē his frēond wrece, þonne hē fela murne." ~Bēowulf, bearn Ecgþēowes
Old 2 February 2018, 14:05
#AllLionsMatter

Lightbulb The CBC are elitists...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19MIKE View Post
Here's the State of our Union .....Michigan Democratic Rep. Brenda Lawrence tapped her way through Candy Crush during Tuesday's State of the Union Address...
Look at Michigans District-14 (demographics) and gerrymandering...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
I didn't see it but I am told not one member of the Black Caucus stood when it was announced by POTUS that 2017 was the lowest unemployment numbers among blacks and Latinos since they've been these keeping records. Wow.
Any idea contrary too being a victim as opposed too being personally responsible and standing for what's right is contrary to the survival of the CBC...
Education is all about gaining theoretical knowledge in the classroom or any institution. Training is a way to develop specific skills, whereas education is a typical system of learning.
Old 2 February 2018, 17:22
Another pool cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
Look at Michigans District-14 (demographics) and gerrymandering...

Any idea contrary too being a victim as opposed too being personally responsible and standing for what's right is contrary to the survival of the CBC...
Right on brother!
Old 4 February 2018, 12:37
Sub Rosa

To my point that POTUS is no conservative: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...203-story.html

Unfortunately in Washington DC conservatism is dead.
Old 5 February 2018, 12:38
Holy Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
To my point that POTUS is no conservative: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...203-story.html

Unfortunately in Washington DC conservatism is dead.
I have pointed this out several times to my left leaning friends that he is one of them in many ways. The brainwashing on these folks is a sight to behold. That does not mean I don't like many of his policies but the monolithic thinking in this country is proof how retarded we are in the United States (i.e. if I am an R then all R politicians walk on water and all D politicians are evil regardless of which policies they espouse).

Love watching the YouTube videos of someone interviewing a Hillary/ Obama supporter and asking them what they think about a quote they attribute to Hillary/ Obama (they of course love it) and then reveal it's a Trump quote. Reactions and back pedaling are both satisfying and maddening to watch.

Our new posting rules