SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 6 February 2018, 20:34
Been There Done That

Everyone Loves A Parade!

Actually, I don't and in my opinion this is a waste of funds. Perhaps some of y'all can convince me of the benefits of POTUS's desire to have a Military Parade? I used to hate being in dog and pony shows. WTF.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.7b57bdc25d5d
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Im attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 6 February 2018, 20:37
Been There Done That

There are parades for everything these days, women march, gay rights have a march, BLM march weekly...might as well pony up and let the folks in uniform have one as well.
Old 6 February 2018, 20:41
Swimming Upstream

I think it's just one more thing he will be criticized for and military parades are a bit too communistic/dictatorial for me.
- Faith involves believing in the veracity of the unprovable and unobservable, whether that consists of religion or theoretical physics, which at the very subatomic level start looking rather similar. -ET1/SS Nuke
Old 6 February 2018, 20:49
Authorized Personnel

With all the problems we are facing as a nation right now, POTUS wanting to have a parade to shine some good light when on our military isn't a big issue for me. Maybe we could forget some of our pathetic issues of the day for a few minutes and let our service members have the limelight for a while instead of the NFL or whatever flavor of the day it is.
Old 6 February 2018, 20:52
I really don't care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
With all the problems we are facing as a nation right now, POTUS wanting to have a parade to shine some good light when on our military isn't a big issue for me. Maybe we could forget some of our pathetic issues of the day for a few minutes and let our service members have the limelight for a while instead of the NFL or whatever flavor of the day it is.

Terrible timing Mr. President.
Old 6 February 2018, 20:56
BT,WBTWC

COMMENCE GRUMPY OLD MAN:

We have had military parades in the past, sometimes massive (such as the WWII victory parades with ticker tape). The emphasis was where it should be: on the servicemembers.

We have had large "Welcome Home" parades in Clarksville. When the 101st Airborne Division returned from the 1st Gulf War, the entire city turned out, and a soldier with a Screaming Eagle patch on his right shoulder couldn't buy his own beer.

But it has never been the American way to parade the deadly tools of our profession as a public spectacle.

We are not the DPRK, the USSR, the PRC, or others of like kind. (And yes, we are not France).

Tanks, missiles, fighting vehicles and artillery belong in action against our enemies. If not there, they belong in motor pools and depots awaiting the call of duty.

They do not belong in gay parades rolling down the streets of our nations capital.

[gay = the traditional definition: festive, light, happy and joyous]

:END GRUMPY OLD MAN
Old 6 February 2018, 20:57
Clorox bearer for SOTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo Kane View Post
There are parades for everything these days, women march, gay rights have a march, BLM march weekly...might as well pony up and let the folks in uniform have one as well.
These days... Aren't they all the same people?

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Old 6 February 2018, 21:00
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by grog18b View Post
These days... Aren't they all the same people?
You are correct, Sir.
Old 6 February 2018, 21:00
Life is simple, not easy.

I have to assume POTUS is messing with some of the media. "Like France during Bastille Day?" LOL.
Old 6 February 2018, 21:01
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzmedic View Post
Terrible timing Mr. President.
LOL. I don't believe there will never be good timing for anything this POTUS does for parts of the nation. Like I said I think he is messing with the media.
Old 6 February 2018, 21:10
Unemployed Stunt Double

Are you not entertained?
Old 6 February 2018, 21:31
Administrator

I'm not clear why this is posted as gospel.

When someone confirms it, we'll talk about it.
Closed Thread

Our new posting rules