Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 31 January 2018, 12:20
#AllLionsMatter

^^^Dead dog walking?
Education is all about gaining theoretical knowledge in the classroom or any institution. Training is a way to develop specific skills, whereas education is a typical system of learning.
Old 31 January 2018, 12:48
Confirmed User

"screaming wife went into bear mode kicking and trying to save the puppy"

The wife cleans houses and has a client that has four dogs. Oldest (client's fav) has cancer, youngest and newest to the pack is a blue pit, not a pup. Wife is there cleaning on Saturday and puts the dogs out back. Next thing she knows the young one has the oldest cornered and is attacking, wife tries to separate the two and can't - she is screaming for help at that point (client is not at home). The other two dogs join in, she thinks they were trying to help the old dog get away but pretty sure that wasn't the case. Long story short - she got to witness pack mentality as the old dog was killed. A neighbor finally came to her aid and they got the young one into its cage (it was later put down by the clients husband).

She's pretty wrecked about seeing it and can't talk about it without getting emotional but hopefully time heals some of that. Feel bad she had to witness it but told her to take solace in the fact that she jumped into the fray when most probably wouldn't have. I also told her she's lucky as hell that she didn't get bit or worse.
Old 1 February 2018, 12:27
Cry havoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
^^^Dead dog walking?
Exactly, why does this shit always happen when I'm not home?

Can't wait to talk to the owner.

Two eyes from the east.
Old 1 February 2018, 12:28
Cry havoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemTech View Post
"screaming wife went into bear mode kicking and trying to save the puppy"

The wife cleans houses and has a client that has four dogs. Oldest (client's fav) has cancer, youngest and newest to the pack is a blue pit, not a pup. Wife is there cleaning on Saturday and puts the dogs out back. Next thing she knows the young one has the oldest cornered and is attacking, wife tries to separate the two and can't - she is screaming for help at that point (client is not at home). The other two dogs join in, she thinks they were trying to help the old dog get away but pretty sure that wasn't the case. Long story short - she got to witness pack mentality as the old dog was killed. A neighbor finally came to her aid and they got the young one into its cage (it was later put down by the clients husband).

She's pretty wrecked about seeing it and can't talk about it without getting emotional but hopefully time heals some of that. Feel bad she had to witness it but told her to take solace in the fact that she jumped into the fray when most probably wouldn't have. I also told her she's lucky as hell that she didn't get bit or worse.
Yeah, she's very lucky..

Two eyes from the east.
Old 1 February 2018, 17:29
Swimming Upstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDawg_03 View Post
Your opinion, not mine
WTF's that mean, of course it's my opinion, I posted it.
- Faith involves believing in the veracity of the unprovable and unobservable, whether that consists of religion or theoretical physics, which at the very subatomic level start looking rather similar. -ET1/SS Nuke
Old 3 February 2018, 12:24
Cry havoc

I happened to catch the pit on my trail cam... nice collar.

Never happened before? hmmmm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MFDC1500.jpg (53.0 KB, 225 views)

Two eyes from the east.
Old 3 February 2018, 16:58
Swimming Upstream

http://www.insideedition.com/florida-woman-survives-vicious-9-minute-attack-her-own-pit-bull-40394

NEWS 11:20 AM PST, February 2, 2018 - Inside Edition Staff
Woman's pit bull attacks her, shreds her arm.

A Florida woman was so viciously attacked by her 9-year-old pit bull that she later lost her arm.

Yasmin Adam got her "gentle" pet, named Sir Hinkles, as a puppy and he was a loving companion until recently, when she broke up "a play fight" between the pit pull and her two other dogs.

Sir Hinkles started barking at her and then launched at her, biting her ear and mauling her arms. The attack lasted nine minutes, she said.

"I guess there was tension after the other dogs were fighting. Next thing I know, he jumps up and bites my ear. I knew what was going on, but I didn't feel any pain. I guess I was in shock," Adam said.

The dog owner said she ultimately gave up. "I just stopped fighting the dog. I figured I was going to die"

A friend who was staying with her at the time called 911. Police pepper-sprayed the animal and fatally shot it.

Doctors at Broward General Hospital tried for three weeks to save her left arm, but ultimately had to amputate it. Her right arm was also damaged and is heavily scarred. She called her recuperation "the most painful thing I've ever experienced."

She spent six months in the hospital and is now warning others that pit bulls can be dangerous pets.

"People always say, 'It's how you raise a dog that matters.' And I was one of those people. And I do believe to a certain extent that's true. But animals have an instinct they can't overpower and that's what happened with my dog."
- Faith involves believing in the veracity of the unprovable and unobservable, whether that consists of religion or theoretical physics, which at the very subatomic level start looking rather similar. -ET1/SS Nuke
Old 3 February 2018, 17:01
Swimming Upstream

Brave lady.

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/arrest-warrants-filed-after-pit-bulls-attack-year-old-boy-woman/KTs0yRu41br9j2204BfsRI/
Old 3 February 2018, 18:48
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple36 View Post
http://www.insideedition.com/florida-woman-survives-vicious-9-minute-attack-her-own-pit-bull-40394

NEWS 11:20 AM PST, February 2, 2018 - Inside Edition Staff
Woman's pit bull attacks her, shreds her arm.

A Florida woman was so viciously attacked by her 9-year-old pit bull that she later lost her arm.

Yasmin Adam got her "gentle" pet, named Sir Hinkles, as a puppy and he was a loving companion until recently, when she broke up "a play fight" between the pit pull and her two other dogs.

Sir Hinkles started barking at her and then launched at her, biting her ear and mauling her arms. The attack lasted nine minutes, she said.

"I guess there was tension after the other dogs were fighting. Next thing I know, he jumps up and bites my ear. I knew what was going on, but I didn't feel any pain. I guess I was in shock," Adam said.

The dog owner said she ultimately gave up. "I just stopped fighting the dog. I figured I was going to die"

A friend who was staying with her at the time called 911. Police pepper-sprayed the animal and fatally shot it.

Doctors at Broward General Hospital tried for three weeks to save her left arm, but ultimately had to amputate it. Her right arm was also damaged and is heavily scarred. She called her recuperation "the most painful thing I've ever experienced."

She spent six months in the hospital and is now warning others that pit bulls can be dangerous pets.

"People always say, 'It's how you raise a dog that matters.' And I was one of those people. And I do believe to a certain extent that's true. But animals have an instinct they can't overpower and that's what happened with my dog."
Some wisdom there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 8 February 2018, 08:56
Pirate and Rogue

https://nypost.com/video/disturbing-...ocent-bulldog/

And if this dog had jumped up and ate this sadistic mother fucker to death, and there was no video it would be all about the "poor innocent guy" that the 4 legged pit bull devil attacked for NO reason. As Ive said since we started this "conversation" there is always a reason.

If this had been my dog and I came home to find out this had happened, they would have had to lock me up.....

Stupid should be a medical diagnosis - Texan

Being smart does not guarantee success, but being stupid practically guarantees failure - GSniper
Old 8 February 2018, 10:20
Drawing my cutlass

Quote:
https://nypost.com/video/disturbing-...ocent-bulldog/

And if this dog had jumped up and ate this sadistic mother fucker to death, and there was no video it would be all about the "poor innocent guy" that the 4 legged pit bull devil attacked for NO reason. As Ive said since we started this "conversation" there is always a reason.

If this had been my dog and I came home to find out this had happened, they would have had to lock me up.....
Douches gotta douche.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Quote:
In Special Forces we had a saying: "Work hard in silence, let your success do the talking."

Tracy
Old 8 February 2018, 11:42
Authorized Personnel

Quote:

I would have probably beaten him to an inch of his life. Then let him get back a few inches and finished the job. Fuck that guy.
Old 8 February 2018, 12:15
Swimming Upstream

People suck
Old 8 February 2018, 12:30
Pirate and Rogue

Wow Purple! That's one of the first things we've agreed on since the start of this thread

Being smart does not guarantee success, but being stupid practically guarantees failure - GSniper
Old 8 February 2018, 15:06
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
A friend of my wife's volunteers with a dog rescue organization that specializes in mistreated dogs. Most of the time the dogs' situations are caused by neglect, but not all. She manages to keep on a lid on her feelings about the owners for the sake of the dogs but I have no idea how. If I had ever seen anything like what is going on in that video, I would be in jail.
Old 8 February 2018, 15:59
Pirate and Rogue

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-cliff-LA.html

Another POS abusing a pitbull. Think this dog had a reason to bite an asshole? He threw this dog off not one cliff but two. The dog should have taken his fucking throat out. Another example of "if it weren't for the video".....Think this dog EVER has a reason to trust someone again?

To quote Purple36 "PEOPLE SUCK".......

Old 8 February 2018, 16:44
Swimming Upstream

Quote:
Wow Purple! That's one of the first things we've agreed on since the start of this thread
The thing is...I love animals-I don't hate PBs...I'm just really cautious and aware of them now...I really don't want to end up a statistic nor do I want my dog to be torn up....and there are a shit ton of PBs around here..and a lot are those owned by POS humans. My point is to be aware that some dogs are way more dangerous than others...why? Because they are tougher, stronger, more muscular and more tenacious. I had no idea about the number of really bad attacks until my nextdoor neighbor got attacked, and the dog owner was not some POS. Then I decided to look up CDC stats and was shocked.

Personally I can't stand dachsunds (no offense to anyone), I think they are obnoxious assholes and have probably bit a lot of people...but they are not a danger to anyone unless like a pack ganged up on an toddler, so I don't post about the little bastards. (Well, I would if people reported those bites) A friend of mine has like 5 of them...her babies...and one of them just hates strangers...and acts like a little punk...but she allows it. I'd like to punt it...but then she'd be a pissed dog mama.

As far as I'm concerned anyone who neglects/abuses an animal gets what they deserve. I get happy whenever I see a bullfighter gored...I mean, a deep down happy satisfaction.
Old 17 February 2018, 22:09
Confirmed User

The Wife's new Dwarf Nubians thought this retired momma was still a meal ticket.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (22.0 KB, 48 views)

Our new posting rules