SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 5 February 2018, 21:42

I don't watch football at all, but this made me literally lol a few minutes ago. Though y'all would appreciate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 27460035_798351477029434_8439526661323891973_n.jpg (36.1 KB, 216 views)
Old 6 February 2018, 02:20
Calix Meus Inebrians

Spent the weekend visiting with my Dad so we could watch the game together (we're both Pats fans despite not living in Mass anymore). Fast forward to Monday morning, and the airline calls to tell me my flight out of central PA to Charlotte was canceled, and if I wanted to get out that same day, I'd have to adjust my itinerary and route through...you guessed it, Philadelphia.

Well played, irony...well, played.
Old 6 February 2018, 09:44
Confirmed User

Rumour Control is saying the Philadelphia Mayor is going to allow one full magazine of celebratory gun fire per house hold. Only caveat is the bullet must be no larger than 7.62x39mm.
Old 6 February 2018, 16:27
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-O View Post
Rumour Control is saying the Philadelphia Mayor is going to allow one full magazine of celebratory gun fire per house hold. Only caveat is the bullet must be no larger than 7.62x39mm.
Also, they are considering issuing a permit for one celebratory fuel tanker explosion, it just has to be at least 500 yards away from the parade route. Some folks on our sports radio station were predicting as many as 5 million people crowding into the city, which is about twice the population of the city proper.

I wouldn't be surprised, I know that like the Cubs, the Eagle fan base is pretty broad.
Old 6 February 2018, 22:35
Confirmed User

So, McDaniels has backed out of a deal to be the next HC of the Colts and decided to stay in NE. I didnt look forward to playing him twice a year in the AFC South so I approve of this move. It does put the Colts in a bad spot and fuels speculation that Belichick may retire soon and hes the coach in waiting.

Maybe well never know why they benched Butler, but it may have cost them the game. He played 98% of the snaps during the season, so he must have really fucked up to ride the pine during the Super Bowl. Since hes an unrestricted free agent Id imagine his time in NE is done.
Old 7 February 2018, 17:55

He should have taken the Indy job, forge his own path.

As it is, his agent dropped him and if a couple years down the line he does seek out another head coaching job, he might find he's not as hot a candidate as he is now. In fact, if the Pats were to have a couple of really sub par years, he might never get another offer from a team other than New England.

Unless he has it in writing, there's no guarantee that the Patriots will make him the successor. I recall when Brady took a pay cut during a contract negotiation so that they would have enough to pay Welker and stay under the cap, and they let Welker go anyway.
Old 7 February 2018, 18:01
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeDave View Post

Maybe well never know why they benched Butler, but it may have cost them the game.
Butler would have just been another DB for the Eagles to score over.
Old 7 February 2018, 19:45
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
Butler would have just been another DB for the Eagles to score over.
Yeah...don't get it. People are up in arms saying Butler being benched was an egregious act, as if putting him on the field would have stopped the Eagles from dropping 41 points on a defense that didn't show up to play...
Old 8 February 2018, 15:41

Eagles won that game, fair and square. The played aggressively when they needed to and they pulled off the win.

All the Patriot apologists would have you believe that the Eagles didn't so much win, as New England lost.
Old 8 February 2018, 16:29
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
Eagles won that game, fair and square. The played aggressively when they needed to and they pulled off the win.

All the Patriot apologists would have you believe that the Eagles didn't so much win, as New England lost.
Agreed. I point out, it's not like the Patriots are some hot-shit, high-scoring Super Bowl team. They usually win in the last possession or two, and almost under six points. Sooner or later you get a match-up where this can go against you.
Old 9 February 2018, 10:23
Confirmed User

The 49ers are signing Garoppolo to a 5 year, $137.5 million deal, making him the highest paid player. Time will tell if he's worth it, but after being traded, he made the most of his opportunity and won 5 games in a row for them. This may be the move that makes the 49ers relevant again.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/ct-49ers-jimmy-garoppolo-contract-20180208-story,amp.html
Old 9 February 2018, 10:46
Confirmed User

$137 mill...that's rarified air for a relative unknown. He's either going to live up to it, or gown in flames and the 49ers will struggle.

I like him; I hope he lives up to it.
Old 9 February 2018, 11:08
RIP Cass and SOTB

I really hope the Jags can and Kirk Cousins. I heard rumors they may pursue Lamar Jackson in the draft. Lamar Jackson ain't shit. He will end up like Denard Robinson and be moved to RB or WR in the NFL

Our new posting rules