SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 9 February 2018, 17:32
Confirmed User

Hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC2W View Post
Why would we want to create a gay-transgendering-nonbinary coin?

On a side note, GO LTC!!!! and XRP.
Hmmm a gay-transgendering-nonbinary coin would probably sell well.
Old 9 February 2018, 17:53
Cry havoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEx View Post
Hmmm a gay-transgendering-nonbinary coin would probably sell well.
Yeah but not if we named it SharkyCoin....even the LBGTXYZ123's would balk.

Two eyes from the east.
Old 9 February 2018, 17:54
Cry havoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Said the Butt Pirate.....LOL
HA!

Two eyes from the east.
Old 9 February 2018, 18:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCross View Post
Nothing, until regulation.

If you haven't already check out the Recently Added coins on coinmarketcap.com.

Shitcoins grow in numbers by the day.
Lol at "Shitcoins". Good name for them. Should just make one with that name.
I'd buy it.
Old 9 February 2018, 21:09
Bitter old man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revanation View Post
Lol at "Shitcoins". Good name for them. Should just make one with that name.
I'd buy it.
LMAO! I'm sure folks would, me included.
Old 9 February 2018, 21:19
Supporterator

This made me LOL

Russian nuclear scientists attempt to use powerful govt mainframe....to mine Bitcoin.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43003740
Old 11 February 2018, 05:38
Johan is my father

^ Sarov....I remember reading a research paper on criticalty accident that happened there in June 1997. Seems that some of the eggheads at Sarovforgot their security briefing or maybe thought that all of this DLP stuff is just bull, I'm just surprised at the level of juvenile stupidity displayed by supposedly well educated, bright and well trained people working in a formerly top secret institute that probably still does classified research. Dammit guys, you had one job....

...it proves IMO that some people get blind and deaf to reason when they see the magical supposed profits and get the rush.
Old 17 February 2018, 22:02
In Vino Veritas

I bought XRP at $1.21 and it started to sink. I bought on the way down and it’s up to $1.18 or somewhere there abouts. So I’m G2G. Bitcoin is slowing rising and is at $10,7XX. Might be a decent time to get back into that. The things I’ve read said this year would be a roller coaster but should stabilize by the end of the year.
Old 17 February 2018, 23:07
Vivat Fraternitatis

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCross View Post
This made me LOL

Russian nuclear scientists attempt to use powerful govt mainframe....to mine Bitcoin.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43003740
Malware authors and organized cybercrime are also finding that stealing resources for crypto mining at enterprise-scale is far more lucrative than stealing data or deploying ransomware. Weird part is...most of the CISOs I know don't seem to care. Must be that stealing CPU-cycles is such a bizarre thing with no archetypal precedent in the human brain.
Old 17 February 2018, 23:25
Supporterator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBum View Post
Malware authors and organized cybercrime are also finding that stealing resources for crypto mining at enterprise-scale is far more lucrative than stealing data or deploying ransomware. Weird part is...most of the CISOs I know don't seem to care. Must be that stealing CPU-cycles is such a bizarre thing with no archetypal precedent in the human brain.
I can only imagine. And no one has to know..except the annoying fact that your work PC is always slow!
Old 20 February 2018, 17:22
I really don't care

Steven Seagal? Good God. Looks like Bitcoin just to a few steps down in class.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/0...und-alike-ico/
Old 20 February 2018, 21:19
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzmedic View Post
Steven Seagal? Good God. Looks like Bitcoin just to a few steps down in class.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/0...und-alike-ico/
Wrong cryptocurrency.
Old 20 February 2018, 23:14
I really don't care

Ok got it. I was thinking Bitcoin was a generic term, not a specific brand of its own.
Old 21 February 2018, 10:46
Supporterator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzmedic View Post
Ok got it. I was thinking Bitcoin was a generic term, not a specific brand of its own.
Seems to be a very common misconception.
Old 16 March 2018, 10:49
Confirmed User

I am hearing some rumors floating around that Amazon is considering making ripple the companies go to crypto. Ripple has lowed and locked in its transaction fee's in the new white paper that was released. If Amazon does pick up ripple (fingers crossed) that would put ripple's value past Bitcoin very quickly. And I can retire and move to a place were snow is a dirty 4 letter word..
Old 16 March 2018, 10:57
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keganswar View Post
I am hearing some rumors floating around that Amazon is considering making ripple the companies go to crypto. Ripple has lowed and locked in its transaction fee's in the new white paper that was released. If Amazon does pick up ripple (fingers crossed) that would put ripple's value past Bitcoin very quickly. And I can retire and move to a place were snow is a dirty 4 letter word..
That would definitely be nice. I only have 540 XRP so doubt I would be able to move to an island but would be some nice money to buy a new gun or two.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 16 March 2018, 12:04
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keganswar View Post
Will they use Ripple's software and protocol or the XRP token or only the software?

If it is both then it would be a rapid and significant boost.

“Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
― Thomas Jefferson
Old 16 March 2018, 12:10
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by morelocks View Post
Will they use Ripple's software and protocol or the XRP token or only the software?

If it is both then it would be a rapid and significant boost.
From what I hear they are interested in both. Locking in the transaction fee has changed the conversation from just the software application to using XRP as well.
Old 5 April 2018, 14:03
Sub Rosa

SDNY USAO Press Release

This came out yesterday , which made me think about this thread. I bolded a simple yet critically important point that needs emphasis when discussing this topic:

Department of Justice

U.S. Attorney’s Office

Southern District of New York

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Two Co-Founders Of Cryptocurrency Company Charged In Manhattan Federal Court With Scheme To Defraud Investors

Robert Khuzami, the Deputy United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, and William F. Sweeney Jr., the Assistant Director-in-Charge of the New York Field Office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (“FBI”), announced the arrests of, and unsealing of a criminal complaint charging, SOHRAB SHARMA, a/k/a “Sam Sharma,” and ROBERT FARKAS, a/k/a “Bob,” two co-founders of a startup company called Centra Tech, Inc. (“Centra Tech”), with conspiring to commit, and the commission of, securities and wire fraud in connection with a scheme to induce victims to invest more than $25 million in investments through material misrepresentations and omissions.

SHARMA and FARKAS were arrested Sunday evening in the Southern District of Florida and were presented yesterday in that District.

Manhattan Deputy U.S. Attorney Robert Khuzami said: “As alleged, Sohrab Sharma and Robert Farkas took advantage of widespread investor interest in the rapidly growing cryptocurrrency market to raise millions of dollars in investments in a startup company based on a false sales pitch. While the cryptocurrency industry may be a new frontier, it is subject to the same laws against investor fraud as any other type of company.”

FBI Assistant Director William F. Sweeney Jr. said: “As alleged, Sharma and Farkas created a false sense of security for investors of Centra Tech ICO by misrepresenting their product and lying about relationships they had with credible financial institutions. While they’re not backed by physical commodities, trading in virtual currencies is perfectly legal. But, as today’s charges prove, investors must exercise the same degree of due diligence when making an investment in an ICO as they would with any traditional security.

According to the allegations in the criminal complaint unsealed in Manhattan federal court[1]:

From July 2017 through March 2018, SHARMA and FARKAS, two co-founders of Centra Tech, began soliciting investors to purchase Centra Tech tokens, a bespoke cryptocurrency that functions as an unregistered security in Centra Tech, through a so-called “initial coin offering” or “ICO.” As part of this effort, SHARMA and FARKAS, in oral and written offering materials that were disseminated via the internet, represented that Centra Tech had developed a debit card, the “Centra Card,” that allowed users to load the Centra Card with the cryptocurrency of their choice and then use the Centra Card to make purchases at any establishment that accepts Visa or Mastercard. As part of their sales pitch, SHARMA and FARKAS represented that Centra Tech had formed a partnership with Bancorp to have Bancorp issue Centra Cards licensed by Visa or Mastercard, and that Centra Tech held the requisite financial servicing licenses in 38 states, among other claims. Based in part on these claims, victims provided more than $25 million in investments for the purchase of Centra Tech tokens.

The claims that SHARMA and FARKAS made to help secure these investments, however, were false. In fact, Centra Tech had no relationships with Bancorp, Visa, or Mastercard, and at least seven of those 38 states have no record of any such licenses being issued to Centra Tech.

In a separate action, the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) filed civil charges against SHARMA and FARKAS.

SHARMA, 26, and FARKAS, 31, are residents of Florida. SHARMA and FARKAS are each charged in a four-count criminal complaint with one count of conspiracy to commit securities fraud, which carries a maximum potential sentence of five years in prison; one count of conspiracy to commit wire fraud, which carries a maximum potential sentence of 20 years in prison; one count of securities fraud, which carries a maximum potential sentence of 20 years in prison; and one count of wire fraud, which carries a maximum potential sentence of 20 years in prison. The maximum potential sentences in this case are prescribed by Congress and are provided here for informational purposes only, as any sentencing of the defendants will be determined by the judge.

Mr. Khuzami praised the work of the FBI and thanked the SEC for its assistance.

This case is being handled by the Office’s Securities and Commodities Fraud Task Force. Assistant United States Attorneys Negar Tekeei and Samson Enzer is in charge of the prosecution.

The allegations contained in the Complaint are merely accusations, and the defendants are presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr...scheme-defraud
Old 5 April 2018, 15:21
Administrator

Yep. Don't bet what you can't afford to lose. I have already written off my XRP as a loss the day I bought it. But, I will hold onto it and see what happens. At worst, nothing. If it blows up.....Yay me.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top

Our new posting rules