Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 12 February 2018, 13:24
Drawing my cutlass

Barotrauma.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Quote:
In Special Forces we had a saying: "Work hard in silence, let your success do the talking."

Tracy
Old 12 February 2018, 13:29
Spice Weasel

Didn't they teach you not to hold your breath?

"Never saw a shark swimming down my street, although that would be kinda cool." --Purple36
Old 12 February 2018, 13:50
Drawing my cutlass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azatty View Post
Didn't they teach you not to hold your breath?
Haha. Over weighted on the second dive and Valsalva too hard. Now I got a ringing in my ear and waiting for the ENT doc to call me back to see if he has an opening today.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Quote:
In Special Forces we had a saying: "Work hard in silence, let your success do the talking."

Tracy
Old 12 February 2018, 16:22
Spice Weasel

If you can hear, you probably still have an eardrum. On my honeymoon, I came up from a dive and couldn't hear. Freaked me out. I had to go to the far side of the island to see a doctor, who shot some hot water into my ear to get rid of the giant wax plug that had developed. It was massive.

"Never saw a shark swimming down my street, although that would be kinda cool." --Purple36
Old 12 February 2018, 16:54
33,024 - R.I.P.

Quote:
...I had to go to the far side of the island to see a doctor, who shot some hot water into my ear to get rid of the giant wax plug that had developed. It was massive.
Have you considered using Q-tips on a somewhat regular basis?
Old 12 February 2018, 17:14
Drawing my cutlass

Quote:
If you can hear, you probably still have an eardrum. On my honeymoon, I came up from a dive and couldn't hear. Freaked me out. I had to go to the far side of the island to see a doctor, who shot some hot water into my ear to get rid of the giant wax plug that had developed. It was massive.
At the doc now. Hopefully, I didn’t damage my left ear too badly.

ETA: still have an ear drum. Steroid regimen here I come.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:

Billy L-Bach
Quote:

Tracy

Last edited by Justaclerk; 12 February 2018 at 17:40.
Old 12 February 2018, 17:16
Confirmed User

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
Have you considered using Q-tips on a somewhat regular basis?
Q-tips are bad all they do is push the wax father in your ear,

P.S. I use them
Old 12 February 2018, 17:43
Authorized Personnel

Been rocking it for two months, getting in killer shape, dropping weight. End up in ER sunday to find that instead of two I now have 4 bulging discs, then a trip to the Ortho this morning only to find out that my R MCL is fried, after having most of the meniscus' in both knees scoped out last year. Fucking horseshit.
Old 12 February 2018, 18:43
Confirmed User

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
Been rocking it for two months, getting in killer shape, dropping weight. End up in ER sunday to find that instead of two I now have 4 bulging discs, then a trip to the Ortho this morning only to find out that my R MCL is fried, after having most of the meniscus' in both knees scoped out last year. Fucking horseshit.
Welcome to the old men's club one artificial knee, 5 back surgery's, 2 ankle surgery's still have 3 or 4 screws still in.

Good NEWS I am getting a eye brow lift, do to my eyes lids falling over my eye lashes, making it hard to see. in other words a face lift. Now if they would do a hair trans plant

By the way take care an good luck on what ever they have to do.
Old 12 February 2018, 18:46
Moving Target

Quote:
sorry to hear that, you lasted longer than me, I had to quit training when I was 44 because of joint pain. Now Im a fat fucker. I miss being in shape but the funny thing is I have more women than I ever did when I trained hard.
Old 12 February 2018, 22:11
Confirmed User

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
My wife of 35 years continuously asking me "What do you want for dinner". After 35 years you would think she would know my eating habits. But she'll insist until I spill out some vittles I want on my plate.

I finally found a way to put it to an end. Every time she asks now I reply " A pussy sandwich with a side of titties". It has worked now for a couple of weeks, but I was persistent with that answer until it stopped.
Well did you get what you asked for
Old 13 February 2018, 13:32
Old Scroll

I've never been publicly critical of President Obama, until today.

I saw this morning an article of the unveiling of the President's Official Portrait, a tradition that goes back, uninterrupted, to President George Washington. The President pictured has his choice of artist, and has final approval authority of the painting. Presidents Theodore Roosevelt and Lyndon Johnson both rejected their portraits, and had them redone.

Let's hope that Barrack Obama will do the same, otherwise the dignity of the office just went out the window.

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab

Last edited by B 2/75; 13 February 2018 at 13:38.
Old 13 February 2018, 13:42
On the Extract Bird

Wait, that was for real? I saw a thumbnail of it at another source and thought it was an Onion gag and moved on.
Old 13 February 2018, 16:25
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
Wait, that was for real? I saw a thumbnail of it at another source and thought it was an Onion gag and moved on.
Partially real, partially not.

George Bush's official portrait is casual, without a tie. They show a different portrait in the video. I believe Reagan's is without a tie, too. The one they show for Clinton isn't the official portrait destined for the gallery, either.

Obama's still stands out pretty drastically (although Jackson has a cape) from the others, but the video was definitely manipulated to make it stand out even more so...
Old 13 February 2018, 16:30
Authorized Personnel

I heard an story about it on NPR this morning. The background is made up of three flowers that represent Kenya, where his father is from, Hawaii, where he was born, and Chicago, where he got his political career started. I'm pretty much over the whole Pres Obama thing, but that portrait is just tacky.
Old 13 February 2018, 17:06
FIDO

Just got a call from my insurance agent. State Farm wants to drop me on my homeowners insurance because of my claim last year. My agent said he filed and appeal on our behalf and they will allow us to keep our homeowners with them, but my deductible will now be 2% of our home value. How nice of them. 9 years with no claims and when I file one they want to drop you. WTF
Old 13 February 2018, 17:07
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
I heard an story about it on NPR this morning. The background is made up of three flowers that represent Kenya, where his father is from, Hawaii, where he was born, and Chicago, where he got his political career started. I'm pretty much over the whole Pres Obama thing, but that portrait is just tacky.
Thanks for the explanation. I figured there must be some kind of symbolism going on with all the plants behind President Obama, but I have to agree, to my decidedly uncultured eye that picture does look unbecoming of the office. His wife's portrait was also odd, but I don't know if that was supposed to be something more like impressionism instead of the traditional still life style. I've seen some of former POTUS G. W. Bush's paintings of veterans, and I think he usually presents a more true to life likeness than Mrs. Obama's portrait artist did. Maybe I just have no taste.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 13 February 2018, 21:18
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
Just got a call from my insurance agent. State Farm wants to drop me on my homeowners insurance because of my claim last year. My agent said he filed and appeal on our behalf and they will allow us to keep our homeowners with them, but my deductible will now be 2% of our home value. How nice of them. 9 years with no claims and when I file one they want to drop you. WTF
State Farm is good for that. If you use their services they don't want your return business. Lots others too.

Why I'm with USAA X 19 yrs.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 13 February 2018, 22:23
Bitter old man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
I guess they ain't a good neighbor.

Hate insurance companies.
Old 13 February 2018, 22:30
Social Claymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
I guess they ain't a good neighbor.

Hate insurance companies.
I have exactly one agent I don't mind speaking to. He's my football coach from high school. The rest.... Not so much

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO

Our new posting rules