Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 12 August 2013, 18:19
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTB View Post
Are you stating that you believe the money spent was not necessary? Wasn't useful? In the end you wish you hadn't sponsored her? Don't want to live here yourself?

Your post is unclear....
My bad, I have a bad habit of that. It was all necessary, extremely useful, (IMO this is the funds that should run INS/CBP at some point when fixed), and was useful. It was a bit more for us because we were living OCONUS, and we chose to utilize an immigration attorney, versus doing it ourselves for the first few stages of the process, and then after the move CONUS we had still used the services of the Esquire, as the wife made friends with her over the couple years it took to make this happen.

This is where we want to live, and is why I moved back. I love it here, and hate seeing it destroyed. There is nowhere else I would rather be. River today, ocean tomorrow, tons of resources I kinda know how to use should the time arise. Or, if need be, I can ski-daddle overseas for a while too, like you I'm sure

I apologize for not being clear

Last edited by just11b; 12 August 2013 at 18:20. Reason: Grammer
Old 12 August 2013, 18:46
Confirmed User

Quote:
Each immigrant to the US should be evaluated on their ability to provide a benefit to the nation,
Honestly I could stop right there. One's entry should be based on what benefit they are going to provide to us, period. Based on our need, not theirs. If you need us, back of the line, prove yourself; if we need you, come on in. But presumably the inverse is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by just11b View Post
To date I have spent over 10k to ensure my wife has been by the letter of the law from day one. I personally feel I did it all for nothing. Literally.
I get your sentiment, FWIW. I've brought it up before, but my boss - a friend, but it's easier to just call him my boss - spent a good $70k in 2012 (or 2011? the years are flying) on immigration attorney fees alone. He has a hispanic last name, and lives in California, made the comment "fuck dude, I should just change my name to Jesus, stop speaking English, and go on the dole". Of note he's probably high 7, low 8 figures liquid. Brought assloads of money into the country, employed *me*, created jobs, but he has to jump through hoops Juan Miguel outside Home Depot does not. Why the shit did he bother going the legal route? Hell they even went back to Oz to get their visas renewed, voluntarily self-deporting for a few weeks. But no, this guy, who's brought boatloads of money to the US, who's created a business here that employs white collar people at very comfortable wages, we have to make it as difficult for him as humanly possible. And for what? Because we like cheap lettuce?
Old 12 August 2013, 18:46
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

Quote:
Originally Posted by just11b
....we chose to utilize an immigration attorney, versus doing it ourselves for the first few stages of the process....
My wife and I chose to not go through an attorney. I believe that our processing was as fast and as issue-free as utilizing an attorney -- and far less expensive....
Old 12 August 2013, 19:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlwithaGlock
Next thing you know and the illegals awaiting removal will use defensive asylum process to avoid deportation.
Apparently they don't need to -- they simply walk off -- never to return to the hearing. The hard part about getting into the US is getting into the US. Once you're here -- unless you are a full-fledged dumbass, or have horrible luck, you're home free.

Imagine getting past the first and second BP checkpoints and then simply boarding a plane or bus or train or car to wherever the fuck it is you wish to disappear to. The simplicity of it all is its perfection....
Old 12 August 2013, 19:05
Confirmed User

Quote:
My wife and I chose to not go through an attorney. I believe that our processing was as fast and as issue-free as utilizing an attorney -- and far less expensive....
I wish we would have made that choice, because her time in the U.K. at school made the background pretty smooth, and we already had one child, plus was married in an E.U. country (as if that is worth any more/less than the one here, but in life I have learned things one way (hard), and this one was not exempt. But as you see I started a thread about a toilet seat, which was a feat for me, so the lawyer route wasn't a bad idea. :)

We should re-evaluate who we are allowing in to our country to begin with, maybe go back to the WWI/WWII era, and dump this flood of immigrants with carte blanche from oil producing countries,hey they are no worse than anyone else, and for the most part, will want to be like their neighbors in their neighborhood, versus standing out, trashing it, collecting shit that I could never collect from YOUR (not you sir, SOTB meaning illegals) country, as most countries will arrest, fine, and deport your ass quite quickly should you be caught an illegal, none of this amnesty, changing the Constitution of their country bullshit. I mean how crazy is that. We have a system in place. Period. Those that are here illegally, simple, follow the law, like me. Or refund me my money. I am cool either way.

Last edited by just11b; 12 August 2013 at 19:32. Reason: Where do I start.
Old 12 August 2013, 20:45
Russian Tycoon

Quote:
Why? What does the US receive in exchange for allowing this person to come to the US? Did he start helping Americans with the promise of a visa? Or was it a paycheck?

We have enough people who have NOTHING in common with Americans who are coming to this country.

Each immigrant to the US should be evaluated on their ability to provide a benefit to the nation, their willingness to adapt to OUR nation and culture (not vice versa), and whether they are to be a burden or participant in/on the work force.

The above still allows for immigrants -- it just removes the "ohwoeisthou" factor from the decision making process....
SOTB, I agree with your notion about evaluating each asylee/refugee/other legal aliens from the benefit to the the U.S. perspective. I would also advocate revising the conditions under which people are granted refugee/asylee status. Bottom line, I agree with your whole post.

When I wrote my post, I was comparing two specific situations. In Scenario Uno, folks come over to the U.S.-Mexican border, say the magic word "asylum", and are immediately admitted. They have a year to file an application and present their case to the immigration judge. They have to prove that they face danger from persecution in their country (e.g., from the cartels) but they do not have to present their proof until the hearing, which can be years later. I will make an assumption that some of the folks admitted in this manner take advantage of our naive immigration system. I will make another assumption and say that some of them never file the paperwork with USCIS and remain in the country illegally.

In Scenario Dos, we have this Afghan translator who according to Mr. Meyer went well above his job duties. It appears that he is following all the proper steps to be admitted. Maybe he qualifies for the asylum status (if the article has its facts straight, he does), maybe not - I do not know. I do not think it is cool that he has to wait for three years for his visa while a bunch of others can just walk up to the border and get in.

Hope it makes sense.
Old 12 August 2013, 21:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlwithaGlock
Hope it makes sense.
Yes, it does. And it is indeed ironic. I would not generally be inclined to support the Afghan's request for asylum. But I would VERY MUCH be against supporting the Mexicans' request. Their asking for it is simple abuse of the system, and we're too stupid to deal with it.

The only Mexicans who should get asylum are a very, very few whom know some stuff that could be fantastically useful to us and that by sharing it, would mean their deaths. But no one else.

I once sat in on a case where some girl was offered to her and her entire family asylum if she would testify against a Mexican trafficker (prostitutes). I could not keep from having a stupid and amazed look on my face while this INS guy gave the pitch (we were at an iHop in Mexico City, not important -- but kind of ironic with the franchise, physical act implied, etc.). IMO, she doesn't qualify for the asylum I previously mentioned, and for sure not her family....
Old 12 August 2013, 21:38
Overseas Gunplumber

It would appear that someone is unhappy with the leaking of information about the "Mexican asylum" requests.

http://www.10news.com/news/sources-l...untry-08072013

Below is an update from 10 News.

UPDATE: When Team 10 broke the story on the “leaks” at the international border, it started an effort to locate who is talking to us -- this is a normal reaction by a federal agency.

These sources tell Team10 that Customs and Border Patrol management is looking “very hard” to find who is providing us information about the loophole.

This appears to go beyond the usual response to a news story involving the agency.

As described to us, the search is “very intense” and it’s not limited to only the San Diego region.

The policy of Team 10 is to protect our sources. As more develops on this story, we will report it.

I have been to some armorer courses.

Owner- Semper Paratus Arms, LLC
Old 13 August 2013, 08:28
Russian Tycoon

Quote:
I once sat in on a case where some girl was offered to her and her entire family asylum if she would testify against a Mexican trafficker (prostitutes). I could not keep from having a stupid and amazed look on my face while this INS guy gave the pitch (we were at an iHop in Mexico City, not important -- but kind of ironic with the franchise, physical act implied, etc.). IMO, she doesn't qualify for the asylum I previously mentioned, and for sure not her family....
You are right, under the INA she should not qualify for asylum (although as you know it is simply a matter of saying the right key words/sentences). She does qualify for T nonimmigrant visa. The T status allows victims of human trafficking to remain in the United States and assist federal authorities with investigations of human trafficking cases. Persons on T visas are eligible for apply for LPR after a year if they meet certain conditions. Maybe that INS guy got asylum and T visa confused.
Old 29 October 2013, 07:55
Russian Tycoon

Dear God, please, please, please do not let the Good Idea Fairy Senator Feinstein find out about this initiative. Last thing we need is spending money on biometric scanners for schools.

Quote:
Universities are fingerprinting international students to check they are attending lectures, but not their UK counterparts, it has emerged.

The universities of Sunderland and Ulster have installed biometric monitoring systems on satellite campuses not used by British students, a move condemned by the National Union of Students.

Earlier this month, Sunderland brought in fingerprint-scanning devices for lectures on its London campus, replacing traditional paper registers. Ruth Davison, student relations and compliance manager at Sunderland, said the system had been installed because the site was “entirely international” and the Home Office required that all attendance be monitored.
http://www.timeshighereducation.co.u...008205.article
Old 31 January 2014, 14:38
Been There Done That

Amnesty - pisses me off. What about all the folks already waiting in line? I'm all for granting citizenship to educated professionals. Everyone else..... not so much.

I just fired off a letter to the Honorable Sam Johnson letting him know my views. Amnesty, no. Increase in H1Bs, no. Increase in fast tracking educated professionals that want to make a permanent life here, yes.

I encourage you to write your representative and let him/her know your views.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when I’m attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 31 March 2014, 13:35
Russian Tycoon

Outstanding findings in the recently published CIS report on "catch and release".

Quote:
• In 2013, ICE charged only 195,000, or 25 percent, out of 722,000 potentially deportable aliens they encountered. Most of these aliens came to ICE's attention after incarceration for a local arrest.

• ICE released 68,000 criminal aliens in 2013, or 35 percent of the criminal aliens encountered by officers. The vast majority of these releases occurred because of the Obama administration's prosecutorial discretion policies, not because the aliens were not deportable.

• ICE targeted 28 percent fewer aliens for deportation from the interior in 2013 than in 2012, despite sustained high numbers of encounters in the Criminal Alien and Secure Communities programs.

• Every ICE field office but one reported a decline in interior enforcement activity, with the largest decline in the Atlanta field office, which covers Georgia and the Carolinas.

• ICE reports that there are more than 870,000 aliens on its docket who have been ordered removed, but who remain in defiance of the law.

• Under current policies, an alien's family relationships, political considerations, attention from advocacy groups, and other factors not related to public safety can trump even serious criminal convictions and result in the termination of a deportation case.

• Less than 2 percent of ICE's caseload was in detention at the end of fiscal year 2013.

• About three-fourths of the aliens ICE detained in 2013 had criminal and/or immigration convictions so serious that the detention was required by statute. This suggests the need for more detention capacity, so ICE can avoid releasing so many deportable criminal aliens.
Additionally, as suspected, the alleged increase in deportations by ICE turned out to be the numbers game between ICE and CBP - gotta love the metrics. Again, the Administration thinks that we are stupid and won't know the difference.

The complete report can be found here:

http://cis.org/catch-and-release
Old 11 June 2014, 23:46
On the Extract Bird

VP Biden and the recent flood of illegals

At first I could not believe the VP actually said this, but quickly reminded myself who he truly is. This recent flood of illegals across the border should be looked at as an invasion. 90,000 per year is unsustainable. But to hear VP Biden say these comments shows how the Dems/Libs care little about this country.

I am stunned that a sitting VP would say these words.

Even worse is that our President has made so many comments that these people were encouraged to come illegally. I just cannot reconcile what the fuck is wrong with this man. Could it actually be that he is truly anti-American? I do NOT want to believe that.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/11/joe-biden-us-needs-constant-unrelenting-stream-imm/

Joe Biden: U.S. needs ‘constant, unrelenting stream’ of immigrants

Vice President Joseph R. Biden told a National Association of Manufacturers’ crowd this week that what the United States needed was more, not fewer, immigrants.

Specifically, he called for a “constant, unrelenting stream” of new immigrants — “not dribbling [but] significant flows,” to bolster the national economy, The Hill reported.

“We need it badly from a purely — purely economic point of view,” Mr. Biden said, The Hill reported.

Later, on Twitter, he wrote: “The final thing we need to do together is pass immigration reform … We need it badly. -VP at manufacturing summit,” Newsmax reported.

Mr. Biden predicted that opening the doors to the White House’s vision of immigration reform, which is heavy on the amnesty, would allow the nation’s gross domestic product numbers to hike by 5.4 percent, or $1.4 trillion, over the next two decades, Newsmax reported. Simultaneously, he predicted that the deficit would drop by $850 billion.

“That’s real powerful economic reform,” Mr. Biden said.

His comments come as border patrol agents are appealing to the federal government to help with the thousands of illegal children who have poured across the border in recent days and who are now being temporarily held in three separate military facilities.

Meanwhile, federal authorities have predicted that the number of children illegally crossing the border without parents this year will hit at 90,000 — up from an average 6,500 over years past.
Old 12 June 2014, 00:38
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbsqd View Post
At first I could not believe the VP actually said this, but quickly reminded myself who he truly is. This recent flood of illegals across the border should be looked at as an invasion. 90,000 per year is unsustainable. But to hear VP Biden say these comments shows how the Dems/Libs care little about this country.

I am stunned that a sitting VP would say these words.

Even worse is that our President has made so many comments that these people were encouraged to come illegally. I just cannot reconcile what the fuck is wrong with this man. Could it actually be that he is truly anti-American? I do NOT want to believe that.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/11/joe-biden-us-needs-constant-unrelenting-stream-imm/

Joe Biden: U.S. needs ‘constant, unrelenting stream’ of immigrants

Vice President Joseph R. Biden told a National Association of Manufacturers’ crowd this week that what the United States needed was more, not fewer, immigrants.

Specifically, he called for a “constant, unrelenting stream” of new immigrants — “not dribbling [but] significant flows,” to bolster the national economy, The Hill reported.

“We need it badly from a purely — purely economic point of view,” Mr. Biden said, The Hill reported.

Later, on Twitter, he wrote: “The final thing we need to do together is pass immigration reform … We need it badly. -VP at manufacturing summit,” Newsmax reported.

Mr. Biden predicted that opening the doors to the White House’s vision of immigration reform, which is heavy on the amnesty, would allow the nation’s gross domestic product numbers to hike by 5.4 percent, or $1.4 trillion, over the next two decades, Newsmax reported. Simultaneously, he predicted that the deficit would drop by $850 billion.

“That’s real powerful economic reform,” Mr. Biden said.

His comments come as border patrol agents are appealing to the federal government to help with the thousands of illegal children who have poured across the border in recent days and who are now being temporarily held in three separate military facilities.

Meanwhile, federal authorities have predicted that the number of children illegally crossing the border without parents this year will hit at 90,000 — up from an average 6,500 over years past.
I personally think it's all planned. Please see Cloward Piven below. It's evil I tell you....Evil. But real.

Here's the elevator pitch with a link if your interested.

The strategy of forcing political change through orchestrated crisis. The "Cloward-Piven Strategy" seeks to hasten the fall of capitalism by overloading the government bureaucracy with a flood of impossible demands, thus pushing society into crisis and economic collapse.

First posted 9.28.2008

http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/..._strategy.html
Old 12 June 2014, 02:03
On the Extract Bird

"Mr. Biden predicted that opening the doors to the White House’s vision of immigration reform, which is heavy on the amnesty, would allow the nation’s gross domestic product numbers to hike by 5.4 percent, or $1.4 trillion, over the next two decades, Newsmax reported. Simultaneously, he predicted that the deficit would drop by $850 billion.

“That’s real powerful economic reform,” Mr. Biden said."

Where the fuck did those numbers come from? Is it taking in to consideration the massive public assistance that has already started with these free-loading illegals? The freebie clock has started ticking and it is going in the negative numbers...not adding to our GDP. And this guy wants to be POTUS?
Old 12 June 2014, 05:01
Overseas Gunplumber

People in AZ are not happy about illegals being dumped here. This whole thing is an outrage and I seriously think the administration is either insane or truly trying to tear us apart. I don't get it.

I have been to some armorer courses.

Owner- Semper Paratus Arms, LLC
Old 12 June 2014, 05:44
Broke D***

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbsqd View Post
Is it taking in to consideration the massive public assistance that has already started with these free-loading illegals?
What public assistance? Last I heard, illegal aliens cannot receive welfare or food stamps...

ETA: Just as I thought, ineligible for SNAP.

http://feedingamerica.org/how-we-fig...realities.aspx

Quote:
•Undocumented immigrants are ineligible for SNAP. Additionally, there is already a strict waiting period for documented immigrants. Documented adult immigrants (those with a greencard) are subject to a five-year waiting period before they are eligible for SNAP.
Old 12 June 2014, 07:57
Russian Tycoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravodelta View Post
What public assistance? Last I heard, illegal aliens cannot receive welfare or food stamps...

ETA: Just as I thought, ineligible for SNAP.

http://feedingamerica.org/how-we-fig...realities.aspx
With the following exceptions for the documented immigrants: children under 18, some people over 60, people with disabilities, refugees, and asylees. In addition, LPRs with some work history and/or military service may be eligible for SNAP prior to their 5 year mark.

So yeah, all our friends from south of the border who claim asylum are SNAP-eligible.
Old 12 June 2014, 08:01
Make a desert and call it peace.

But the children get public school (with lunches and sometimes further meals) plus there's the anchor baby citizenship issue. Many state level giveaways(benefits!) do not discriminate based on legality, perhaps in law, but laws have simply been ignored regarding this entire issue.

It's all a disgusting farce. S/F...Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith
Old 12 June 2014, 08:02

I wasn't really sure whether to put this in the Eric Cantor thread or not, but here is a video of pro-amnesty activists storming Cantor's HQ.

I have no freaking clue why they decided to show up there, of all places.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014...-speech-video/

Our new posting rules