Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 22 December 2017, 12:52
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul85 View Post
It would be refreshing to see such a person man up, come back, accept the wisdom plus obligatory ass-chewing and move forward, strengthened.
I doubt he has the balls. I predict he will take the Snowflake route and blame everyone but himself. We shall see.
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate
I am the captain of my soul.
-Invictus
Old 22 December 2017, 13:02

Thank you all for your feedback and I don’t take what you say lightly. This is a good learning experience from some good officers and NCOS alike. I hope to grow from it and will take your wisdom with me in the future . Thank you, Merry Christmas, and happy holidays to all.
Old 22 December 2017, 13:30
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyRedClover View Post
Thank you all for your feedback and I don’t take what you say lightly. This is a good learning experience from some good officers and NCOS alike. I hope to grow from it and will take your wisdom with me in the future . Thank you, Merry Christmas, and happy holidays to all.
LOL....you have a future as a politician, Lieutenant.
-Invictus
Old 22 December 2017, 13:35
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Hahahahahahahahaha.....Goddamn that was funny. Merry Christmas, Lt.
Old 22 December 2017, 13:40
Swimming Upstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul85 View Post
I strongly believe that no matter what path od life you walk, honor integrity honesty and humility should be your guiding light.
Nobody's perfect but if a person is able to admit guilt AND make permanent amends, every wrong path or misstep we take actually serves its purpose - to teach us something. Best thing that happened to me in my life was every error I made.
I agree. Mistakes and failure are stepping stones to success, if we choose to learn.
- Faith involves believing in the veracity of the unprovable and unobservable, whether that consists of religion or theoretical physics, which at the very subatomic level start looking rather similar. -ET1/SS Nuke
Old 22 December 2017, 14:11
Über Equus Asinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple36 View Post
I agree. Mistakes and failure are stepping stones to success, if we choose to learn.

The biggest successes I have had in both my career(s) and personal life have grown out of mistakes that I made and chose to learn from..

hopefully this young LT will see all of this as an opportunity to learn and glean some wisdom from it...

I'd be curious to run into him in a bar in about 10 years and see if he turned into a Damon or a Massengale... or just got flat out career fucked (deservedly) by his NCO's and left the service the minute his 5 year commitment was up..
Old 22 December 2017, 14:43
Army SF

This whole affair has been ridiculous.
Old 22 December 2017, 14:57
Authorized Personnel

RubyRedClover, you have so far, survived a SOCNET dogpile, that in it's self is quite an accomplishment.

You were accepted to and graduated from West Point, again quite an accomplishment.

You stepped on your dick, we all have. In doing so and surviving, lessons can be learned, I hope our investment in you is not wasted, I don't think it will be.

My experiences with good leaders is (true story) on two occasions, they saved my sorry ass and never once asked for any recognition, just the opposite, as in when I would bring it up, they brushed it off as nothing. Each of those instances a medal of valor could of and probably should of been issued.

It takes a tough guy to face this group. You would be well served to stick around and continue to learn from some of the best.

May your Christmas be merry.
Old 22 December 2017, 15:13
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
His intro is also some political bull. He is only here because he wS caught in a line of bullshit.

Only time will tell.
Old 22 December 2017, 16:06
Awaiting the Terrologist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
Damn, now we even have people from other countries commenting on how fucked up this kid is. Not Ralph Hall level, or (LMAO) that fat kid with the SEAL log, but we’re getting there.

And I thought there wasn’t going to be any Christmas cheer, shame on me.
I would never presume to say this young fulla is any kind of "fucked up", but I think young LT's are the same across the Western World.

FWIW, I look back on life and my experiences and there were more good 2LT's than bad. The worst were not long for the job. The others usually set themselves a low standard then consistently failed to achieve it and became mediocre Capt's, sometimes underwhelming Maj's. A couple stepped on their dick's in spectacular fashions, rallied after their PL Sgt or Company Sar'Maj tore them apart and they became solid leaders.

I will say this though, I admire anyone who signs on the dotted line after this long at war regardless whether E or O; and I'd hate to be an early 20's newly minted 2LT marching into a Rifle Platoon full of Old 'n Bold's as the pressure to perform would be huge.

I truly am in awe though at the depth of knowledge and wisdom displayed in this thread and I will say "Thanks" RubyRedClover for inspiring some fine people to post in such a spectacular and inspiring fashion.

Merry Christmas HotMess

Cheers,

On the 11th Hour of the 11th Day of the 11th Month, we will remember them.

Lest We Forget.

Last edited by Old_Starlight; 22 December 2017 at 16:08. Reason: Chasing run-on sentences and giving up.
Old 22 December 2017, 16:19
Been There Done That

There's more value in this thread than he can understand at this point in his life.

Thankfully, what happens on the internet stays on the internet.

In ten years, if he hasn't turned into a full-on idiot he'll come back to this thread and use it to school a young officer under his command who screwed up.

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Old 22 December 2017, 16:25
Confirmed User

Quote:
There's more value in this thread than he can understand at this point in his life.
The rushed and squeaky clean apology (was it an apology?) was countered by extremely wise and on the spot guidance from Sharky. Several words, so full of meaning. I actually smiled broadly when I read that. Maybe he will actually get the hidden meaning and really wise up. I wish him all the best.
Old 22 December 2017, 17:26
Old Scroll

And with that, this thread has served it's useful purpose.

Closed.

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab
Old 13 January 2018, 00:24
Administrator

Uh oh, Junior. Turns out this may not be quite over after all. I warned you that you had no idea who is on this board. And yeah, he just found this thread. It seems you are about to have some splainin to do. So let me give you my last little bit of free advice when he comes knocking.... Be a man, admit what you did, own it, and pay the price. No excuses. No blaming someone else. You can recover from this if you do it right. If you don't do it right, you may as well resign your commission and go into politics now. I hope he has no mercy. That's how you learn. At least this lesson didn't get someone killed.
-Invictus
Old 13 January 2018, 01:43
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyop Shaw View Post
2LT "Delta" - Claims to have worked for "Task Force" conducting drone operations and has killed "fuckloads of people" in Syria. He claims he did this during time spent in the CTLT program while a Cadet at West Point.
This is the only thing that I have yet to see addressed. I didn't comment on this thread earlier, but I am curious regarding this part. I have sat in the "box" that was responsible for the landing and takeoff, but not the fun stuff for those exact "drones" that are being referred to(the AF pilots get pissy when you call them drones). I was just invited to watch, there were no "special" people around. However, these were the same ones that went up with a payload and came back lighter. So, with the insight that I gained from that little tour, I have an exceptionally hard time imagining what exactly the LT was referring to. None of the places mentioned in this thread are those in which the people sit that drop ordinance on bad guys in Syria.

As to Sharky's latest post, read and re-read my signature block. It has been proven time and time again.
Old 13 January 2018, 20:25

I had a long discussion with my mentor and, long story short, I messed up. Thank you all for the valuable knowledge, I will learn from it, and you won't be hearing anything from me again.
Old 13 January 2018, 20:27
Been There Done That

Quote:
I had a long discussion with my mentor and, long story short, I messed up. Thank you all for the valuable knowledge, I will learn from it, and you won't be hearing anything from me again.
Good on you young Brother...I'd say more than a few of us have stepped on our cranks, paid the price, and became better by doing so. Good Luck
Old 13 January 2018, 20:48
Administrator

Quote:
I messed up. I will learn from it.

That is the only thing you wrote that matters. You have been extremely fortunate. You got a free WP education, you get paid to skydive, you may still be afforded the opportunity to lead some of the best warriors on the planet, and you were afforded the opportunity to have one of the best mentors that you could wish for. You truly need to take stock of how LUCKY you have been thus far. Because you haven't done a fucking thing yet to earn any of it.

On top of all that, you are getting a second chance. Your mentor isn't the only person on this board who can have a direct impact on you. From this point on, I promise you, you are being observed. We will see if you actually learn and correct yourself. I think at this point you probably understand that this is not just some random website.

And finally, as I have mentioned before, you should go find Shaw, apologize to him for being a douche, buy him a few beers at the O-Club, and thank him for saving your career. Because whether you realize it or not, he did. Shaw is also prior enlisted with a LOT more experience than you. You might actually learn something from him and make a friend for life.

Good luck, Junior.
-Invictus
Old 13 January 2018, 22:36
Another pool cleaner

I second what Sharky wrote.

You have a good mentor at WP.

Your apology means shit without appropriate action, and that includes apology to Lt. Shaw. Your threat of lawsuit smacks of weakness and cowardice.

So far, your apology rings hollow until you follow through by your actions.
Old 13 January 2018, 23:13
Confirmed User

He threatened to sue?
Fuck that pussy, he should be burned down and ran out of the army, reminds me of the shovel thrower.

Our new posting rules